Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Thanks Jamie. Just as a matter of interest why are they considering pulling the Faro flight for the A330? Load factor?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Thanks Jamie. Just as a matter of interest why are they considering pulling the Faro flight for the A330? Load factor?
    With the increase in the A330 schedule next summer they will not be able to spare the A330 for a return operation to FAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Tenger wrote: »
    With the increase in the A330 schedule next summer they will not be able to spare the A330 for a return operation to FAO.

They will still have two gaps but I expect it's down to maintenance and very tight scheduling. It could still happen but they have added a fourth Saturday flight which may indicate it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Pic Malcolm Nason on Flickr. A319 EI-EPS ready for its new home with Vueling
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/22644337211/

22644337211_9f5e47b306_z_d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pic Malcolm Nason on Flickr. A319 EI-EPS ready for its new home with Vueling
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/22644337211/

22644337211_9f5e47b306_z_d.jpg

More terrible leg room within IAG it is then.

• Advertisement

This was a surprise, next ASL leased B752 wont be the Ethiopian bird previously reported but an ex National one N135CA, will be reg EI-CJX, a reg it previously held when it was leased to Transaero from GPA. Unlike the other 3, this one has RB211's

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Lockheed

This was a surprise, next ASL leased B752 wont be the Ethiopian bird previously reported but an ex National one N135CA, will be reg EI-CJX, a reg it previously held when it was leased to Transaero from GPA. Unlike the other 3, this one has RB211's

RB211s and no winglets too, gonna be a nice bird to spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Will surely have the winglets retrofitted before entering service

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

L1011 wrote: »
    Will surely have the winglets retrofitted before entering service

Arrived in SNN this morning for cabin re-furb,engine switch and winglet fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Was that the Thomas Cook/Thomson from Bangor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Engine switch?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Was that the Thomas Cook/Thomson from Bangor?

Yes though FR24 incorrectly has it as G-FCLJ, that's a former reg...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

Razor44 wrote: »
    Engine switch?

Sorry, probably should have worded that's as 'double engine change'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Was surprised to find EI-CPH when I turned up at the gate in Gatwick this morning. A321s are fairly regular on the LHR route but rare enough on LGW

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Sorry, probably should have worded that's as 'double engine change'

Ah okay! As in newer RB211s?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I was on an EI A320 last Sunday afternoon from LHR-DUB and it had brown leather seats, with audio controls in each armrest, I forget the reg,

Would this be one of the birds recently returned from Virgin!

I fly EI almost every other week and have never seen that interior before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

I was on an EI A320 last Sunday afternoon from LHR-DUB and it had brown leather seats, with audio controls in each armrest, I forget the reg,

Would this be one of the birds recently returned from Virgin!

I fly EI almost every other week and have never seen that interior before!!

Yes thats one of the Little Reds that was returned from Virgin, comfy seats but give you less leg room

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

eusap wrote: »
    Yes thats one of the Little Reds that was returned from Virgin, comfy seats but give you less leg room

I noticed that the arm rests sit a little bit lower in the seat though, maybe just an inch or 2, but enough for it to annoy me a little (me being of the ever so slightly plumper variant of human (fat arse)).

out of interest, who would have fitted those seats in, along with the arm rest with audio capabilities in them? AL or Virgin? and will AL be changing them back to 'their' standard seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

I think they are the AL standard A320 seat frames just with more padding on the seats, which is why the arm rests are lower since the seat cushion is higher.

Not sure who done the fitting out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Any idea when it's likely to enter service ?

• Advertisement

john boye wrote: »
    Was surprised to find EI-CPH when I turned up at the gate in Gatwick this morning. A321s are fairly regular on the LHR route but rare enough on LGW
    EI had something on their website about fog in London leading to flight cancellations and aircraft upgauging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Locker10a wrote: »
    Any idea when it's likely to enter service ?

I'd imagine it'll be up and running in time for an early morning JFK flight and then on to Hartford on September. Mid May it'll be out of the hangar I'd say.

4 May for DUB-IAD until late next summer.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    4 May for DUB-IAD until late next summer.
    Makes sense if they are using the (previously IAD assigned) A332 for DUB-LAX. DUB-EWR then uses's a A330 once they take delivery in Aug/Sep.

That leaves EI with a 'spare' A330 in Sep....perhaps they will get rid of an older unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Tenger wrote: »
    EI had something on their website about fog in London leading to flight cancellations and aircraft upgauging.

Thanks, yeah I only read that after I'd posted the above

Hard to say but it depends on if they send A333s to WC as its the A332s which are clocking up the years more so however in saying that a few more years should be left.

Lease renewal could be a factor as well.

As for the 752 it could enter service before when J is fitted in other 3 but after Christmas they will only have like 8 weekly flights with the 3 serviceable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Are the 757s having the J cabin upgraded to the new standard?

lxflyer wrote:
    Are the 757s having the J cabin upgraded to the new standard?

Yes and the latest arrival will probably be in service sooner than May to cater for J class fitout on other aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes and the latest arrival will probably be in service sooner than May to cater for J class fitout on other aircraft

That's good news, thanks for the update!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Have the new A330's been officially confirmed anywhere?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement