Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Are the A321s parked up these days? For the winter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Locker10a wrote: »
    Are the A321s parked up these days? For the winter ?

Think it's just short term,they'll surely be back on Xmas LHRs from DUB and maybe ORK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

321s were operating last weekend, this time of year its really supply/demand for them to be used.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Anybody know when EI-DEG will position back to DUB from ORK?
    Forgive my ignorance but does ORK not get A320's anymore? Surely an A320 down there is normal?
    I thought they always had a couple and that they switched out aircraft every weekend via LHR.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Yeah they do, EI have two based aircraft there, but they usually switch every once in a while. e.g. DEG will return from ORK to DUB, and DES (example) will position from DUB to ORK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Yeah they do, EI have two based aircraft there, but they usually switch every once in a while. e.g. DEG will return from ORK to DUB, and DES (example) will position from DUB to ORK

I count 3 aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They generally avoid flying empty DUB-ORK, they would swap them in LHR or AMS instead

They generally avoid flying empty DUB-ORK, they would swap them in LHR or AMS instead

Yeah meant to mention that, oops lol, and I thought they had 2 based, learn something new everyday I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

3 in the winter and 4 in the summer.

When will the new A330's be delivered again? Anybody know if they are already being assembled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

When will the new A330's be delivered again? Anybody know if they are already being assembled?

Due around may I believe, they were Iberia orders already confirmed but now being allocated to EI so should be on the production line already although I don't know how long it takes to assemble a A330.

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Due around may I believe, they were Iberia orders already confirmed but now being allocated to EI so should be on the production line already although I don't know how long it takes to assemble a A330.

Please say it will be an EI cabin and layout, hopefully not more oddballs in the fleet

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're still about 40 down the production list from what's being built currently; although Airbus are known to go out of order at times.

There should be no issues putting the normal cabin in them, its unlikely cabin parts were ordered yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

When will the new A330's be delivered again?....
    Nibs05 wrote: »
    Due around may I believe, they were Iberia orders already confirmed.....
    Delivery will be more like August for MSN 1742 and 1744. Hence the start of DUB-EWR in Sept 2017.
    Locker10a wrote: »
    Please say it will be an EI cabin and layout, hopefully not more oddballs in the fleet
    The IAG capital markets presentation stated that they will have standardised A330 between EI and IB (also standardised A350 across BA, IB and EI)
    So I expect some changes to current A333 set-up.......same seat as IB perhaps? Change to toilets layout? Galleys? Never see inside of an IB A330 so can't say how different they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

IAG has converted a further 15 Airbus orders for its short haul fleet.

pclive wrote: »
    IAG has converted a further 15 Airbus orders for its short haul fleet.

With EI getting 3 Vueling 320's next summer on lease, I imagine these are for Aer Lingus/BA and EI/IAG is looking at starting a rolling fleet renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The full IAG press release reads:

SHORTHAUL AIRCRAFT ORDERS

International Airlines Group (IAG) is converting 15 Airbus 320neo options, announced in August 2013, into firm orders.

The aircraft will be delivered in 2021 and 2022 and can be used by any airline in the Group for fleet replacement.

These modern, fuel efficient aircraft will bring both cost efficiencies and environmental benefits to the airlines' fleets.

Ends

21 December 2015

Note to editors:

· The A320neo list price, as at January 2012, is approximately US$92.0 million per aircraft.

· This list price is the sum of the airframe list price, engine option list price and the price of certain assumed specification change notices against which price concessions are made. IAG has negotiated a substantial discount from the list price.

· IAG has a range of financing options and will choose the most appropriate source closer to the delivery time.

· As previously disclosed, IAG is targeting a sustainable 15 per cent return on invested capital (real terms) on its assets.

· IAG is the parent company of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia and Vueling.

lxflyer wrote: »
    The full IAG press release reads:

Sounds good! Fingers crossed EI will finally get a short haul fleet renewal rolling !
    What about EI replacing the 757 with the 321neo? Could this be actually what this relates to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

at most are AL looking at 3 320neo and 2 330 300 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Talk of 1-2 757's for 2016 as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Talk of 1-2 757's for 2016 as well

There's one down in Shannon, EI-CJX, getting overhauled at the moment. There's only 1 frame due to join the fleet for 2016. 1 based in SNN for EI 111 JFK, and 3 based in DUB for EI 103 JFK, EI 119 IAD (which will in turn be used for the EI 135 BDL service) and EI 129 YYZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

River Song wrote: »
    There's one down in Shannon, EI-CJX, getting overhauled at the moment. There's only 1 frame due to join the fleet for 2016. 1 based in SNN for EI 111 JFK, and 3 based in DUB for EI 103 JFK, EI 119 IAD (which will in turn be used for the EI 135 BDL service) and EI 129 YYZ.

That's in peak summer season, outside of June-August there's 2 in SNN and 2 in DUB. What will be in SNN to do BOS over the summer when the 757 is in DUB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There is a 757 of interest at MAN apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

There is a 757 of interest at MAN apparently
    Tell us more.;)

Can I take it that the third optional year of leasing an A330 to Novair during the winter is not being exercised this winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Can I take it that the third optional year of leasing an A330 to Novair during the winter is not being exercised this winter?

Correct.heard something along the lines of novairs New owners or some parent group pulled the plug

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Correct.heard something along the lines of novairs New owners or some parent group pulled the plug

Thanks!

I'd imagine a few EI pilots are missing those trips to the Caribbean!!

Thanks!

I'd imagine a few EI pilots are missing those trips to the Caribbean!!

Most of those flights as it happens over flew Ireland on the way as well. Bet the boys/girls were waving as the flew passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭john boye

Flew on EI-CPE earlier. Guessing plans to withdraw it were shelved or is that still on the cards?

• Advertisement

Heard earlier today of two more A330's and an additional 757 joining the Aer Lingus (ASL) fleet in 2017.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement