Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Heard earlier today of two more A330's and an additional 757 joining the Aer Lingus (ASL) fleet in 2017.

On top of the two a330s and an extra 757 for 2016? Hmmmmm......hope,your right

duskyjoe wrote: »

Yes bringing total to 12+5. Source is good.

2018 the A350's start arriving at 3 per year, by then also decision will have been made on A321LR NEO.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

duskyjoe wrote: »

Would be very interesting to see...however I have my doubts.
    The 2016 fleet growth is a big step up. I would see IAG using 2017 as a consolidation year before the big event of A350 arrival in 2018. Maybe another A333. (making it 11x A330 and 4x B757 by end 2017)
    Just my opinion, however

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Well it's back for S16 snnjfk , can't say I understand the choice of omni but the need to release a B757 for the day flight DUBJFKDUB takes precedence
    Also heard delays on the 2 330s again a shame still huge sales traffic on website this week, the recession is over !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

A319er wrote: »
    Well it's back for S16 snnjfk , can't say I understand the choice of omni but the need to release a B757 for the day flight DUBJFKDUB takes precedence
    Also heard delays on the 2 330s again a shame still huge sales traffic on website this week, the recession is over !

Sure it's JFK, schedules (11 Dec) I saw has it assigned to BOS again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

How do you know the OMNI 767 is back? May be something else replacing the 757 on the SNN-BOS route.

Edit: Aer Lingus website has it listed on the SNN-BOS route. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Yes it's Boston and EWR in service since mar15
    This is for S16

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The tens of thousands of pax its carried since it was brought back will be shocked to hear that :pac:

(news article is, as pointed out, a year old - and inaccurate even for then)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Where is -DAA these days?

No sign of LAX operating today, there was a 767 leased in from EuroAtlantic Airways to cover the early Chicago flight today.

-EWR is operating flight to JFK today, -DUO is on duty to Orlando.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ohigg84 wrote: »

No sign of LAX operating today, there was a 767 leased in from EuroAtlantic Airways to cover the early Chicago flight today.

The 767 is recovering YYZ schedule and returned to LIS today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

EI-DAA is in Bordeaux for maintenance since December 14th.

ohigg84 wrote: »

EI traditionally use Jan-march to do heavy MX on their A330's. Their schedule is trimmed back from early Jan-Mid March to allow this. Some days over the next 8 weeks we will see only 4-5 A330 actually operating.
    In the past they would have 1 down in BOD for approx 10 days at a time. I wonder will we see some overlap with 8 in the fleet now?

Anyone got a link to the info that the A333 are delayed? They are expected in Aug/Sep.....(using their MSN as a guide to delivery times)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Yes it's Boston and EWR in service since mar15
    This is for S16

Will EI put an EI representative on board the Omni flights this year?Considering the complaints about the service last year?

Locker10a wrote: »
    Will EI put an EI representative on board the Omni flights this year?Considering the complaints about the service last year?

I imagine so might also want to include a danger pay allowance if things haven't improved.

I have been told that they had reps on all B767 flights last year. However the reps were cabin crew who had no additional info/training/experience apart from a folder of info given to them the night before. (my mate was extremely glad that she was not lined up to operate one of them)
    At the very least EI should ensure they have senior crew onboard to deal with any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Sorry I'm a noob - what were the complaints in regards to?

ahbell wrote: »
    Sorry I'm a noob - what were the complaints in regards to?

IFE and general service.

Tenger wrote: »
    I have been told that they had reps on all B767 flights last year. However the reps were cabin crew who had no additional info/training/experience apart from a folder of info given to them the night before. (my mate was extremely glad that she was not lined up to operate one of them)
    At the very least EI should ensure they have senior crew onboard to deal with any issues.

Yes I agree, a member of EI crew who would stand at the boarding door, and perhaps make certain announcements, would at least help or reassure some passengers who had doubts about what was going on! Someone who could Anwser questions, direct people where to complain ( should they wish to) and keep report on things. This in my opinion is the least EI should do in this scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

The omni 767 is being aer lingus branded this year. Similar to the first 757 before it got the full paint job, tail, logo and engines.

Looks like they are putting in more effort this year so hopefully the product will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

IFE in all seats to with ''much improvement.''

• Advertisement

Jack1985 wrote: »

That's great news, more or less in line with the EI brand then just crew in different uniforms

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

Jack1985 wrote: »

If it's an avod system they should be able to upload the same content as is on the 330 / 757 fleet which would streamline things a bit more too.

aviator7 wrote: »
    The omni 767 is being aer lingus branded this year. Similar to the first 757 before it got the full paint job, tail, logo and engines.
    Thats good to hear. At least it will look the part.

*The spotters will be happy too, I rather like the variation of the EI "away livery"

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

is it me but is the AL fleet staring to push on in age.. compared to its ryanair. lot of old leased aircraft that 76 must be 20years old and the 75s must be pushing on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

zone 1 wrote: »
    is it me but is the AL fleet staring to push on in age.. compared to its ryanair. lot of old leased aircraft that 76 must be 20years old and the 75s must be pushing on as well.

You mean 1, single 767-200 leased in for 12 weeks?

EI have approx 40 A320 family, 8 A330, 4 B757.

-Oldest A320 (EI-DEA?) is 2001/02? EDIT: TheFitz13 is correct....EI-CVA-CVD were the first 4 A320's
    -Oldest A330 is 1999 (EI-LAX) All got new seats/IFE in 2007/2008, while the Business Class cabin was refitted in 2014.
    -The B757's operated by Aer Contactors are circa 1997/98 vintage. http://www.airframes.org/
    But all received a cabin refit before entering EI service.
    -No idea how old the Omni Air B767 is.....which as pointed out above is a short term hire-in. And if it has gotten a cabin refit then it will look new enough to a casual passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Is the oldest A320 not EI-CVA?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

how long is the deal for the 75s ..

The 767 is one of the last 767-200s built, from 2001

The "new" 757 being added for ASL next year will be the oldest craft in the mainline fleet, as its from 1994. Its having a full cabin refit etc.

The A321s are from 1998/9.

Stobart's 42 that is still used for Regional is from 1990 with the single (I think) older 72 from 1991.

With the exception of the 1990/1 craft, none of these are particularly old by international standards.

• Advertisement

Relatively and industry standard could be important here. FR have probably one of the youngest average age of any airline in the world. So 99% of airline fleets will look 'older' in a comparison.
    A better question would be; is the Aer Lingus average fleet age 'actually old' or 'comparatively old'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement