Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

EI got a nice little photo op with William and Kate flying over on the A321LR

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1234840987442307072

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Kev11491 wrote: »
    EI got a nice little photo op with William and Kate flying over on the A321LR

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1234840987442307072

Is that EI-LRB or C ? Hardly D?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is that EI-LRB or C ? Hardly D?

It is in fact D — as A, B, and C are not named Finbarr.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »

Ya I knew A wasn’t but wasn’t sure on B or C, so it’s the newest one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Any short haul European routes that are confirmed to be using wide bodies this summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Any short haul European routes that are confirmed to be using wide bodies this summer?

Dublin-Faro and Dublin-Malaga

Noxegon wrote: »

Yes it’s first revenue flight

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Not quite its 1st revenue flight, it operated EI158 out to Heathrow first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Was the plane full of regular punters?

Or were the first few rows sealed off etc. and they board last?

Any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭sherology

easypazz wrote: »

Any details?

With the unfamiliar (to most) new uniforms, and nice green dress and coat Kate is wearing, I hope nobody asked her for a toastie and coffee if she walked the cabin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Any details?

It was the regular EI159 from LHR, operated today by EI-LRD, an A321 (brand new) in place of the normal A320.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Any details?

Business booked out I think, regular punters down the back

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Seriously?

Aer Lingus has pretty much doubled its capacity across the atlantic in around five years, it's easily been one the fastest growing and profitable (unlike some) airlines in the market.

Since 2015;

Hartford
    Los Angeles
    Newark
    Seattle
    Miami
    Minneapolis
    Washington

Since 2014;

Toronto
    San Francisco

This summer is actually the first time since 2014 that there hasn't been a new city announced but there has been an additional capacity boost across the network, this summer the airline will have 2million seats available across the Atlantic.

Willie Walsh's comments are about the decade ahead and beyond, and he's right. As Heathrow cripples, Dublin and Aer Lingus have an opportunity to grow.

You can look forward to JetBlue arriving, they'll be a great addition just don't expect them to be bringing anything new to the table, it'll be the same old east cost routes with similar fares and a similar service level.

An important thing to remember is that boosting frequencies on existing routes to double (or triple) daily where the market supports it is incredibly wise both financially and operationally, even if not particularly exciting. Beyond maximising profits it's significantly easier to sustain built-up routes like this in the off-season. Instead of curtailing an otherwise daily route to 3 or 4 times a week they can skim down from double (or triple) to single (or double), and aircraft can go for major maintenance without EI having to go sub-daily on routes and have passengers go elsewhere.

The A321LR and A321XLR will further facilitate this, JFK and ORD are prime candidates for a third daily frequency, perhaps even daytime, and not having to make the full step to another A330 is a great way to test the waters (and allows them to scale back to double-A330 or A330/A321 in the off season).

Talk of fleet renewal and mentions of A350s are, realistically, pointless at this stage. A330s and A321s are the future of EI's fleet for at least the next 5-10 years, as the airline grows increases in frequency to existing routes will be key, particularly as LHR can't grow further and demand is funnelled through DUB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Not sure if EI are watching this thread :pac:, but the announcement on my flight today was all earphones - headsets and earbuds - must be out for taxi/take off/landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭sherology

deconduo wrote: »
    Not sure if EI are watching this thread :pac:, but the announcement on my flight today was all earphones - headsets and earbuds - must be out for taxi/take off/landing.

Oh god... Please no more about headphones!!! My little brain isn't able.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Anyone know when LBS and EWR are finishing up?
    EIN, EIM, EIK - all in service by start of summer schedule?
    DUO, DAA, LAX all staying in service for this summer?

Trying to figure out how many TA aircraft will be in the air at once here. Record was 17. By my reckoning with LBS and EWR both gone, whould be 19 now on the busiest days? Or are they keeping an airframe in reserve?
    Or will EWR/LBS continue to fly for the summer making 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

sdanseo wrote: »
    EIN, EIM, EIK - all in service by start of summer schedule?
    DUO, DAA, LAX all staying in service for this summer?

Trying to figure out how many TA aircraft will be in the air at once here. Record was 17. By my reckoning with LBS and EWR both gone, whould be 19 now on the busiest days? Or are they keeping an airframe in reserve?
    Or will EWR/LBS continue to fly for the summer making 21?

LBS has been gone since November, you’re thinking of CJX. Which as mentioned a few posts ago leaves 30/4. 19 sounds right if there are no further retirements beyond EWR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

deconduo wrote: »

And they say communism doesn't work! Equality for all.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

sdanseo wrote: »

Trying to figure out how many TA aircraft will be in the air at once here. Record was 17......
    LRA, LRB, LRC, LRD,
    LAX, DAA, DUO, GEY
    DUZ, EAV, EDY, ELA,
    FNG, FNH, GAJ, GCF,
    EIM, EIN,

Thats 18 airframes noted above. There is another A330 to be included.
    ? over when EIK enters service and replaces EWR.
    ? is when will CJZ leave, expectation is the end of April as MSP is upguaged to A330 from May 1/2.
    Maybe it will line up nicely, EIN replaces an A332 on LAX route, allows that -200 to cover MSP route, which allows CJX and EWR to retire around the same time?

The ongoing situation may change EI planning, but Im not sure that they can change imminent leases or deliveries at short notice. Deferring the sencond tranche of A321LRs looks like a lucky move.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,709 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

MJohnston wrote: »
    And they say communism doesn't work! Equality for all.

Except for the apparatchiks up the front, of course!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Except for the apparatchiks up the front, of course!

Four legs good, two legs better, comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Tenger wrote: »
    LRA, LRB, LRC, LRD,
    LAX, DAA, DUO, GEY
    DUZ, EAV, EDY, ELA,
    FNG, FNH, GAJ, GCF,
    EIM, EIN,

Thats 18 airframes noted above. There is another A330 to be included.
    ? over when EIK enters service and replaces EWR.
    ? is when will CJZ leave, expectation is the end of April as MSP is upguaged to A330 from May 1/2.
    Maybe it will line up nicely, EIN replaces an A332 on LAX route, allows that -200 to cover MSP route, which allows CJX and EWR to retire around the same time?

The ongoing situation may change EI planning, but Im not sure that they can change imminent leases or deliveries at short notice. Deferring the sencond tranche of A321LRs looks like a lucky move.

I thought that the new A330s plus the ex-Qatar A333 were merely for increased frequencies as opposed to expansion.

Surely it is impractical for EI to dispose of EWR considering the lease finance must be low given the aircraft's age. At this stage EI, could own the aircraft outright like LAX!

EWR is also impeccably maintained, like all the other 330s in the EI fleet, even if it is 20, it could fly for a few more years.

I do understand that the LAX and SEA routes are going daily, and that the A333 will go to LAX ops. (Only GAJ/GCF/EIM/EIN).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

If it’s of interest to anyone, EI-GHK which was on lease to Flybe is back in Dublin and operating Aer Lingus Regional flights this morning. It’s the first time Stobart have deployed jets on EIR routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Locker10a wrote: »
    If it’s of interest to anyone, EI-GHK which was on lease to Flybe is back in Dublin and operating Aer Lingus Regional flights this morning. It’s the first time Stobart have deployed jets on EIR routes.

Very interesting - you’d hope EI we’re quick to use any spare aircraft and fill some gaps left by Flybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Is there not a union agreement that doesn’t allow jets to be used for the Aer Lingus Regional brand with Stobart contracts? Or perhaps it only allows a very small number of flights.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Is there not a union agreement that doesn’t allow jets to be used for the Aer Lingus Regional brand with Stobart contracts? Or perhaps it only allows a very small number of flights.

I don’t think it’s going to be a long term thing... yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I am sure the STK crews are happy to be working as opposed to sitting at home not getting paid like their IOM brethern!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

You’re saying Stobart have unilaterally stopped paying their crews in the IOM? I wasn’t aware that Stobart was a flight-pay only operation, I assumed they had salaries with yearly pay scales.

You’re saying Stobart have unilaterally stopped paying their crews in the IOM? I wasn’t aware that Stobart was a flight-pay only operation, I assumed they had salaries with yearly pay scales.

All stobart employees earn a salary and then duty allowance on top of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deatr

Nothing to do with jet or turboprop it’s to do with number of seats, nothing over 100 afaik!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement