Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Kcormahs wrote: »
    20 single aisle jets just from aer lingus or the whole iag group?

Aer Lingus, leaves 14 for a skeleton service.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Whole group, mostly BA A319s retirements being brought forward. Possibly some Iberia and Aer Lingus leases not renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

GM228 wrote: »
    Crew training.

Surely that's not necessary on the A330? I would have assumed all pilots would come from the A320 series and thus base training would not be required.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

WW is the CEO of IAG, majority of his statements will refer to the group rather than specific airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭sherology

Whole group (I assume)... Extract referring to IAG group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

x567 wrote: »
    Eventually they'll run out of Americans...

And I'm pretty sure EI aren't that cynical anyway. To be fair to them they need some time to get to grips with what's happening as the situation develops and to react appropriately. I'm sure that those of us with affected bookings will be communicated with (either directly or via published instructions on what to do on-line) and dealt with in a manner that's reasonable given the circumstances.

Hopefully you're right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

JW7 wrote: »
    Climbing out of Bangor now

Any reason why it couldn't fly direct?

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Any reason why it couldn't fly direct?
    Clearing customs

Aer Lingus is planning to implement a reduction in capacity in April and May of at least 75 per cent compared to the same period in 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Surely that's not necessary on the A330? I would have assumed all pilots would come from the A320 series and thus base training would not be required.
    Some of them are exiting the ASL and training for the new type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

75% cuts according to friend who is cabin crew ( but who has been wrong before)

joeysoap wrote: »
    75% cuts according to friend who is cabin crew ( but who has been wrong before)

It’s true, a email was sent to all employees

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Nibs05 wrote: »
    It’s true, a email was sent to all employees

Didnt say a thing about 75% tho.

kona wrote: »

It did, I can’t copy the email due to social media guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I got it from a friend. Its states 75%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

kona wrote: »

Same, I must have been reading a different email.

Same, I must have been reading a different email.

“Aer Lingus is planning to implement a reduction in capacity in April and May of at least 75 per cent compared to the same period in 2019“

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

An immediate 75% cut seems in line with most other carriers, I actually expected a little higher but no doubt a complete grounding is still possible, it would be naive to think otherwise.

However, desperately harsh cuts early on might just protect the airline in the longer run, depending on how this place out over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

An immediate 75% cut seems in line with most other carriers, I actually expected a little higher but no doubt a complete grounding is still possible, it would be naive to think otherwise.

However, desperately harsh cuts early on might just protect the airline in the longer run, depending on how this place out over the next few months.
    “Aer Lingus is planning to implement a reduction in capacity in April and May of at least 75 per cent compared to the same period in 2019“

and salary’s cuts mentioned too. If they do that let’s hope they reduce working week so JSB is payable and not a reduction in pay without a reduction in days (not just hours)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

With some intense government organisation, you could relocate a lot of staff into providing services at hospitals, support services I mean, obviously not front-line stuff—entirely voluntarily of course, if you don't want to, then you get to sign up to that "jobseekers through your employer" scheme to keep your job alive. I actually think we might see an increased demand for cargo services, so hopefully some airlines will be able to retain staff for those purposes.

Note: this is all layman speculation, but I think if this thing runs on for months as it seems it might, we're going to need some crazy ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Supermarkets are coining it and could easily pick up some of the slack if sufficiently incentivised. I am told that Woody's in Carrickmines had their busiest ever trading day yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Supermarkets are coining it and could easily pick up some of the slack if sufficiently incentivised. I am told that Woody's in Carrickmines had their busiest ever trading day yesterday.

That wont last though, once people are past stockpiling they will calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Coil Kilcrea

easypazz wrote: »

And we're seeing that already. People are knuckling down for the common good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Sorry i thought people were talking about job losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

easypazz wrote: »

Not to stray off topic but it's already happening the last couple of days. I work in the food supply chain industry and can confirm that many wholesalers are pretty much at full capacity stock wise as the big rush from last week has calmed down.

Anyone any ideas of when the A330 repatriation flights are happening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Daily from 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I dunno if it is a good way of looking at it. But since Are lingus isn't a massive airline but neither is it a small one id like to think it is what will get them through the next few months. They don't have massive fleet nor do they operate anything like the 747 or A380. And as someone said already I can see the LR's doing well after all this is blown over. I do however believe that this crises will have a big change on aviation just like 9/11.

Hopefully this is sorted soon and people can probably return to their jobs. As someone who briefly worked in aviation a little while back, my heart goes out to those that do and hopefully they can return to their jobs asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RexBanner

Not to stray off topic but it's already happening the last couple of days. I work in the food supply chain industry and can confirm that many wholesalers are pretty much at full capacity stock wise as the big rush from last week has calmed down.

Anyone any ideas of when the A330 repatriation flights are happening ?

Received a text from AL saying that our flight back from Lanzarote tomorrow (17th) was being changed to an A330. Seat numbers will be changing so new boarding cards will have to be issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Daily from 18th

Today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Dublin

Los Angeles suspended from 20/03
    Miami suspended from 20/03
    Newark suspended from 18/03
    Seattle suspended from 19/03
    Washington Dulles suspended from 19/03

Services that have already been suspended are Hartford, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Orlando and Philadelphia.

Routes to continue at the current time are Boston, Chicago, New York JFK and San Francisco with varying frequencies which are subject to change.

Shannon

Boston suspended from 20/03
    New York JFK suspended from 18/03

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement