Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Can the NEO stretch too Chicago, just looking above, you could have 3 NEO’s and 1 330, lost of cost reduction and probably enough capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

easypazz wrote: »
    Today.

Yep first of the rescue flights just left Dub. EI776 on way to Lanzarote using 1 of the A330's

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭sherology

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Can the NEO stretch too Chicago, just looking above, you could have 3 NEO’s and 1 330, lost of cost reduction and probably enough capacity

With passengers, no. Without (Cargo ops) not sure - maybe - none of them have that extra ACT tank I believe.

I'd imagine the remaining TATL ops will be cargo only. EU is [likely] banning non-EU citizen entering, and US is banning non-US entering... So... Belly freight with a few stragglers/diplomats perhaps... And if it's stragglers... EI will shut down cabin ops and just do cargo... Maybe just cabin ops on 1 route... Who knows. And cargo... 330 have big bellys so price it high and make a little money at least. Two teams of pilots... One fly over the other in business class. The other crew fly back... The other in business class.

What's happening on European routes? Daily to hubs... A few to LHR? All others gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

sherology wrote: »
    With passengers, no. Without (Cargo ops) not sure - maybe - none of them have that extra ACT tank I believe.

I'd imagine the remaining TATL ops will be cargo only. EU is banning non-EU citizen entering (Macron said from noon today???), and US is banning non-US entering... So... Belly freight with a few stragglers/diplomats perhaps.

Exactly..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Dublin

Los Angeles suspended from 20/03
    Miami suspended from 20/03
    Newark suspended from 18/03
    Seattle suspended from 19/03
    Washington Dulles suspended from 19/03

Services that have already been suspended are Hartford, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Orlando and Philadelphia.

Routes to continue at the current time are Boston, Chicago, New York JFK and San Francisco with varying frequencies which are subject to change.

Shannon

Boston suspended from 20/03
    New York JFK suspended from 18/03

I heard that Toronto is continuing with a reduced service too?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Im gonna guess that WAS the plan until Trudeau announced yesterday that Canada was also closing it’s border.

Tenger wrote: »
    Im gonna guess that WAS the plan until Trudeau announced yesterday that Canada was also closing it’s border.

You are correct apologies. However I'm not sure if the above has been reflected in planning yet and everything is subject to change at this point, by the hour it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Currently in Vancouver. Supposed to be flying Calgary - Seattle 27th March then onwards to EIDW.

Any suggestions given what I am reading here? Not a dicky bird from Aer Lingus yet, and we are not within their timezone for accurate updates.

Currently in Vancouver. Supposed to be flying Calgary - Seattle 27th March then onwards to EIDW.

Any suggestions given what I am reading here? Not a dicky bird from Aer Lingus yet, and we are not within their timezone for accurate updates.

They are pretty busy amending schedules and informing their employees of the situation too so frankly be patient - there’s bigger issues at play here then you getting home.

You will receive communication prior to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

You won't be flying via the US for a start

Make sure you have registered with the Department of Foreign Affairs if you hold an Irish passport https://citizensregistration.dfa.ie and seek assistance from the consulate/embassy if you cannot get home

Pack and be available to leave today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aviation2k19

Will the transatlantic routes that are suspended resume in April when the flight ban is suppose to lift or will it be after that? Sorry might be an early question to ask.

Will the transatlantic routes that are suspended resume in April when the flight ban is suppose to lift or will it be after that? Sorry might be an early question to ask.

There would be no scientific reason to remove the ban until infection rates reduce every day (as opposed to increase every day)... stabilise... Then add 'at least' a few weeks. Models have it reducing late May... But these are modelling a new/unknown virus.

I rebooked my late April Toronto flight to mid-september, and my canaries flight ( leaving in an hour :( ) to November... As an example (hoping it won't reoccur next winter or be as severe). If rebooking an existing flight... 'I' would make it late summer... June at the very earliest.

But nobody knows really... And politics can sometimes 'Trump' science - pun intended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Received 12 (up to now) flight cancellation/refund emails for flights in April from Tenerife. Not a dicky bird from Ry about the outward leg.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Received 12 (up to now) flight cancellation/refund emails for flights in April from Tenerife. Not a dicky bird from Ry about the outward leg.

When I rebooked my return LPA Ryanair flight to Dec 22... The rebooking fare was €85. When I went and looked how much a 'new/fresh' ticket was... It was €51. They waived the change fee offically... And (seemingly) added it (deceptively) via some algorithm in their booking engine to the fare. You just can't catch a break with these a-holes!!! I have bikes booked so I had to 'change' the ticket so the bike fees were transferred and maintained... But most people wouldn't check as they assume honesty. CHECK THE PRICE OF NEW/FRESH BOOKINGS ON RYANAIR!!!

AER LINGUS... all Kosher... You're good to change :)

PS: go to 'manage my booking' on the Ryanair app or website and change you outward (and return) ticket... All flight March/April are changeable since yesterday... Ignore that you weren't emailed... Go check :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Gougers. Cancelled accommodation in Tenerife at Easter a few weeks ago ( private booking - refunded immediately) and tried to rebook flights to Malaga in October.
    1st - aer Lingus don’t allow rebooking to another destination so i let the flights from Tenerife stand. And they’ve cancelled now.

2nd - Ryanair flights to Malaga were €74. But rebooking they were €151 (over double) they wanted €134 in total. 2 x €55 rebooking and 2 x €12 flight differences. And I was losing priority and seat bookings. ( the seat bookings I understand) so I did nothing. Looks like they might have to cancel now and full refund. But not yet. 8th April to Tenerife, I can wait.

Sherology: to be fair , I got that email ok, but I am waiting for the cancellation one, which will be anytime now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah just wait Ryanair will have to cancel that and refund you.

Gougers. Cancelled accommodation in Tenerife at Easter a few weeks ago ( private booking - refunded immediately) and tried to rebook flights to Malaga in October.
    1st - aer Lingus don’t allow rebooking to another destination so i let the flights from Tenerife stand. And they’ve cancelled now.

2nd - Ryanair flights to Malaga were €74. But rebooking they were €151 (over double) they wanted €134 in total. 2 x €55 rebooking and 2 x €12 flight differences. And I was losing priority and seat bookings. ( the seat bookings I understand) so I did nothing. Looks like they might have to cancel now and full refund. But not yet. 8th April to Tenerife, I can wait.

Sherology: to be fair , I got that email ok, but I am waiting for the cancellation one, which will be anytime now.

Sure... Wait for th refund. I lost my 'non-refundable' hotel... Crisp sandwiches for lunch... The carbs will absorb my tears.

Anywho... I never fly FR - just did this single flight as EI return was too late for me to get the last bus to Limerick... And I won't be booking with them again... Higher fares are one things... Deception is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Sure... Wait for th refund. I lost my 'non-refundable' hotel... Crisp sandwiches for lunch... The carbs will absorb my tears.

Anywho... I never fly FR - just did this single flight as EI return was too late for me to get the last bus to Limerick... And I won't be booking with them again... Higher fares are one things... Deception is another.

Years ago I was booking seats for my mates stag and FR were the only ones flying to LPLat the time .Anyway I couldn't figure out how to opt out of the insurance.
    There was no box for unticking for the insurance it was only when talking to one of the lads he told me it was in the country selection in between Latvia and Lithuania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

EI-LRB (321neo) is operating EI109 to JFK today, just took off. Looking in FR24 I can’t see one of the 321s operating that flight previously so I guess that answers the question.

• Advertisement

Can't see EWR lasting unless its there to keep connections with UA services

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What's happening on European routes? Daily to hubs... A few to LHR? All others gone?

You would imagine the UK will be the last to close up...Manchester, Birmingham, Gatwick/Heathrow? I wonder about the Belfast - LHR flight...

Unlike Ryanair, Aer Lingus carry freight and it can be worth flying with a handful of passengers if you have high value stuff in the hold.

We have a massive pharmaceutical business, light, valuable and potentially very urgent.

With fewer and fewer flights there is an opportunity here to keep the lights on.

Unlike Ryanair, Aer Lingus carry freight and it can be worth flying with a handful of passengers if you have high value stuff in the hold.

We have a massive pharmaceutical business, light, valuable and potentially very urgent.

With fewer and fewer flights there is an opportunity here to keep the lights on.

As a scientist, I fully agree. And there may be an increased need for this biopharm, pharmaceutical, and medical equipment we produce here.

We, for example, produce a lot of ventilators, which, If production can be increased (depends where parts come from), would likely be air-cargo'd as demand is critically low worldwide. Same for the components that make these final products. What might come in ship containers in normal times may come via air-cargo in current times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

sorry if asked already, but..

If I have a flight to USA in 2 weeks, and clearly now I know I can't go, I am only being offered a chance to re-book for another date at this point in time, which is not of much use to me as I don't know my future plans.

Are Aer Lingus likely to be cancelling upcoming USA flights, and therefore having to provide refunds rather than re-book options?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I regretfully hear.....

35 A320's parked
    5 A330s in cargo configuration for April/May

sorry if asked already, but..

If I have a flight to USA in 2 weeks, and clearly now I know I can't go, I am only being offered a chance to re-book for another date at this point in time, which is not of much use to me as I don't know my future plans.

Are Aer Lingus likely to be cancelling upcoming USA flights, and therefore having to provide refunds rather than re-book options?

Thanks.

Depends where you're flying. They 'intend' keeping a few routes (but all things can change and they may be just cargo).

If rebooking think late summer/autumn. Otherwise wait another while (if comfortably doing so) to see how the routes play out.

Airlines would obviously prefer you to rebook to retain/maintain cash, so might be playing the longgame in terms of definitive cancellations and compulsory refunds.

(And based on the message above...US routes may just be cargo as I suspected... Using cabin crew for virtually no passengers not on the cards in this environment)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I regretfully hear.....

35 A320's parked

For the A330s does mean they're just using the belly or are seats being removed? Obviously they're not going to cut a cargo door in to the side of it but stuff can be loaded through the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

I regretfully hear.....

35 A320's parked

That is what I’ve heard as well from a friend, also NEOs grounded. Purely a Cargo operation flying medical supplies into and out of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

For the A330s does mean they're just using the belly or are seats being removed? Obviously they're not going to cut a cargo door in to the side of it but stuff can be loaded through the doors.

Don’t know if seats are being removed but perhaps some cargo could be stored in overhead bins in the cabin maybe? I think the cargo would need to be strapped down in flight so removing seats wouldn’t do much unless they also installed nets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement