Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

CJX is a 757

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Sorry I mean EWR take it the 757 are ASL owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭EI321

Anyone know what time EI-CJX leaves DUB for SNN?

EI321 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time EI-CJX leaves DUB for SNN?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Surprised to see the older 330 not going for freighter conversion, Not many 330F around.

You answered you own query.
    Not many 330F around (maybe as airlines had lots of B767s to use? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭sherology

Tenger wrote: »
    You answered you own query.
    Not many 330F around (maybe as airlines had lots of B767s to use? )

The a330 dips forward on its nosegear so it floor is not 'level', making it more difficult to load as a freighter. You'll notice the a330F has a blister fairing under the cockpit, which lifts and levels the dedicated F version of the a330.

Pushing or pulling a container up a slight hill wouldn't be ideal :)

History: The nose gear is shorter than the main, as it was brought in from the A300 to save costs (waaay back when), but the main gear was/ended up taller as the a330/340 was a bigger/heavier aircraft... Hence the forward-dip.

sherology wrote: »
    Attached is a pic of the a330F nose.. notice how level it is vs. the passenger a330.

And again...

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

sherology wrote: »
    The a330 dips forward on its nosegear so it floor is not 'level', making it more difficult to load as a freighter. You'll notice the a330F has a blister fairing under the cockpit, which lifts and levels the dedicated F version of the a330.

Pushing or pulling a container up a slight hill wouldn't be ideal :)

History: The nose gear is shorter than the main, as it was brought in from the A300 to save costs (waaay back when), but the main gear was/ended up taller as the a330/340 was a bigger/heavier aircraft... Hence the forward-dip.

There's a few A330 freighter conversions plying their trade....of course nothing to do with the Aer Lingus fleet!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A330P2Fs have powered cargo loading winches I believe. Not something you can have on a putative Quick Change cargo/pax version really.

MoeJay wrote: »
    There's a few A330 freighter conversions plying their trade....of course nothing to do with the Aer Lingus fleet!!!!:P

The A330 P2F features a fully-powered Cargo Loading System (CLS) that is perfectly capable of loading/unloading even the heaviest pallets even with the aircraft "on the tilt". Therefore, no 'tilt remedy' is required.

Flight Global, 15 February, 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-ELA joins the list of new livery aircraft with replacement engine cowlings.

49677191406_16112d44f2_z.jpg
    20-1799
    by
    George Hamlin
    , on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

IngazZagni wrote: »
    They have to be extremely happy with that. Many airlines offering no pay for 3 months...

They didn’t mention nearly 700 temporary staff having their contracts cancelled and laid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

IngazZagni wrote: »
    They have to be extremely happy with that. Many airlines offering no pay for 3 months...

Like who? Some are requesting 3 months of unpaid leave to be taken and the deductions spread out over 6 month, rather than 3 months of zero.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Like who? Some are requesting 3 months of unpaid leave to be taken and the deductions spread out over 6 month, rather than 3 months of zero.

You’re correct and EasyJet have offered that. That’s effectively 3 months unpaid. Aer Lingus appears to be getting 50% salary but not reduced over the following months. Much better.

As was pointed out hundreds of contractors working within Aer Lingus are being permanently sacked. They failed to mention that when I posted my last comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi all

In relation to the "wait and see" approach for some of us in terms of whether Aer Lingus cancel or not, so that we would get a refund instead of the 110% voucher option, does anyone know what their policy is if the OUT flight goes ahead, but the RETURN is cancelled e.g. DUB-NYC, MIA-DUB.

Would they have to refund the total on basis that if you can't get back with them you shouldn't have to go? Or just a half refund/half voucher scenario?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Hi all

In relation to the "wait and see" approach for some of us in terms of whether Aer Lingus cancel or not, so that we would get a refund instead of the 110% voucher option, does anyone know what their policy is if the OUT flight goes ahead, but the RETURN is cancelled e.g. DUB-NYC, MIA-DUB.

Would they have to refund the total on basis that if you can't get back with them you shouldn't have to go? Or just a half refund/half voucher scenario?

Thanks.

You need to speak to Aer Lingus directly for information on this, its a valid question. Just be patient they have a lot of customers contacting them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Jack1985 wrote: »
    You need to speak to Aer Lingus directly for information on this, its a valid question. Just be patient they have a lot of customers contacting them at the moment.

They are charging €5 a call if your flight is not within 72 hours! I guess I will wait, as there are more urgent cases out there, but I am within a week at this stage and hoping to resolve!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭riddles

sorry if asked already, but..

If I have a flight to USA in 2 weeks, and clearly now I know I can't go, I am only being offered a chance to re-book for another date at this point in time, which is not of much use to me as I don't know my future plans.

Are Aer Lingus likely to be cancelling upcoming USA flights, and therefore having to provide refunds rather than re-book options?

Thanks.

Had a work trip booked to the US the travel agency said flight cost will be refunded in 5-7 days post flight date. Additions like seat bookings are not refundable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭riddles

any ideas when aer Lingus will make a statement about May June flights to northern Italy. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling the level of tragedy there makes holidays totally insignificant. It would be good if they offered clear guidance on this so accomadation providers could react with respect to remaining balances etc.

Within the northern Italian region even they are the midst of their challenge right now they will want to rebound economically at the earliest opportunity but when this would be and what rebound means is the question. Prospective visitors would like to show solidarity with them but at same time the outcome at the moment is unknown. I guess end of March the infection trend lines give a greater idea what the next phase will look like. Clearly the bogus data China has presented to the world has not helped in the least for other countries to focus their citizens on how serious this will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

riddles wrote: »
    any ideas when aer Lingus will make a statement about May June flights to northern Italy. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling the level of tragedy there makes holidays totally insignificant. It would be good if they offered clear guidance on this so accomadation providers could react with respect to remaining balances etc.

Within the northern Italian region even they are the midst of their challenge right now they will want to rebound economically at the earliest opportunity but when this would be and what rebound means is the question. Prospective visitors would like to show solidarity with them but at same time the outcome at the moment is unknown. I guess end of March the infection trend lines give a greater idea what the next phase will look like. Clearly the bogus data China has presented to the world has not helped in the least for other countries to focus their citizens on how serious this will be.

I’d say Northern Italy will be impacted severely for years in terms of tourism. I doubt Aer Lingus will be flying there until July/August at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Aer Lingus to provide cargo flights between China and Ireland to bring back medical supplies/equipment according to Simon Coveney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭rameire

Pete2k wrote: »
    Aer Lingus to provide cargo flights between China and Ireland to bring back medical supplies/equipment according to Simon Coveney.

Yup. Up to 6 times a day I am told.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Also being reported EI will operate a repatriation charter to Lima, Peru

Locker10a wrote: »
    Also being reported EI will operate a repatriation charter to Lima, Peru

BA are operating the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

rameire wrote: »
    Yup. Up to 6 times a day I am told.

Seriously? WOW.

EI are planning to fly to China to pick up the hundreds of million of euro of medical gear.

Its fairly light but not compact so lots of flights. Gets it here as quick as possible, avoids risk of stuff going missing on transfer, UK is having issues with the French impounding trucks with medical gear.

Going to have to be A330-200's for the range, but if they are willing to fly via Qatar (no visa issues or restrictions and friends of IAG who own EI) or elsewhere the -300 could go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

EI are planning to fly to China to pick up the hundreds of million of euro of medical gear.

Its fairly light but not compact so lots of flights. Gets it here as quick as possible, avoids risk of stuff going missing on transfer, UK is having issues with the French impounding trucks with medical gear.

Going to have to be A330-200's for the range, but if they are willing to fly via Qatar (no visa issues or restrictions and friends of IAG who own EI) or elsewhere the -300 could go

Hainan already flew A333s to Dublin from China last year. Are the EI ones less capable?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Hainan already flew A333s to Dublin from China last year. Are the EI ones less capable?

I think there are variations in the -300 fleet with different MTOWs, some up to 242,000kg? Not sure what range they’d have eastbound when practically empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Still wind is just under 5,100nm from Dublin-Shanghai. Beijing is less at 4,502nm. Range of the 300 HGW according to wiki is 5,940nm but that would presumably assume a higher MTOW than only having belly cargo. The newer A330-300s would easily make it. The 200s would too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement