Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Jack1985 wrote: »
    They won't be operating TA services due to limited belly weight.

We'll agree to disagree!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

We'll agree to disagree!

Unless plans have changed it was ruled out on that basis. At the peak of the PEK operation there will be up to 5 services per day, including planned 330 ops to LHR and existing planned East Coast service EI have suffient 330's for this.

A lot of people would presume the NEO would remain in operation in terms of cost (crewing etc). But it was a non runner as of last week.
    Tenger wrote: »
    Regarding the A321LRs, we have already seen a few East Coast being operating by the smaller aircraft. I highly doubt EI will have much onset in stone" over the next 6-8 weeks.
    They will mix and match A333/332/321LR dependant on daily operational requirements.

They finished TA service as of last Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Unless plans have changed it was ruled out on that basis.

We live in challenging times and things change.

We live in challenging times and things change.

You don't need to remind me of that, a lot of people will be very happy if this is the case. Unfortunately as with aviation lots of rumours get peddled, so until its concretely crewed (lots of crew with planned part time patterns now and limited NEO crew available) I'll hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Unless plans have changed it was ruled out on that basis. At the peak of the PEK operation there will be up to 5 services per day, including planned 330 ops to LHR and existing planned East Coast service EI have suffient 330's for this.

A lot of people would presume the NEO would remain in operation in terms of cost (crewing etc). But it was a non runner as of last week.

They finished TA service as of last Sunday.

2 Neos not going into storage. Will be used for east coast USA ops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

If this whole China thing ends up being what it's being made out to be; priority will be given to it.

The flexibility EI have with the neo is that aircraft and crew are completely available (which was not the case 12 months ago) and given the fact that it's unlikely that 300 people are going to be off to JFK any day soon, it doesn't take long to see what can happen. It has an added bonus of protecting crew availability for the 330 ops.

It appears that airlines are making decisions pretty quickly right now; what wasn't envisaged just a few days ago can now be a reality. I'm sure EI are the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

At the moment the NEOs are only scheduled to do 4 flights a day to LHR but that could obviously change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aviation2k19

The seat map for DUB-BOS next week is showing as a 321 NEO.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Is SFO suspended now too? I can't book between 30/03 and 26/04 now.

Peregrine wrote: »
    Is SFO suspended now too? I can't book between 30/03 and 26/04 now.

Seems it's been suspended now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

TATL freight is also a concern and the NEO is useless in that case.

The situation is highly dynamic but it would appear EI has enough A330's and crew to manage the China deal and basic US service. If thats the case the A330 fleet stays flying and would appear has a chance to be able to pay its operating and lease costs.

Thats massive cash flow

When the upswing comes the NEO will be handy to get routes back running again or running the second flight of the day to JFK/BOS

TATL freight is also a concern and the NEO is useless in that case.

The situation is highly dynamic but it would appear EI has enough A330's and crew to manage the China deal and basic US service. If thats the case the A330 fleet stays flying and would appear has a chance to be able to pay its operating and lease costs.

Thats massive cash flow

When the upswing comes the NEO will be handy to get routes back running again or running the second flight of the day to JFK/BOS

Exactly, well conveyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

You don't need to remind me of that, a lot of people will be very happy if this is the case. Unfortunately as with aviation lots of rumours get peddled, so until its concretely crewed (lots of crew with planned part time patterns now and limited NEO crew available) I'll hold my breath.

I think the pilots have demonstrated a great deal of flexibility in order to keep the show on the road and ensure the long term viability of the airline. If and/or when the company decides to deploy the NEO back on the Atlantic then I am sure where there is a will there will be a way in order to ensure they are crewed. There are plenty of crews trained up to cover what would potentially be only a handful of flights each week given that SNN ops are suspended. As stated earlier the benefit of utilising the NEO is that it frees up A330 crews to focus on the far east route and any other cargo contracts that will come up over the coming period. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

RTE now reporting that there could be up to 300 China flights between sunday and end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Pete2k wrote: »
    RTE now reporting that there could be up to 300 China flights between sunday and end of May.

I heard the first 60-70 flights is the first batch out of a possible 5 batches.
    I suppose the other batches will be used depending on how the virus spreads.

pclive wrote: »
    I heard the first 60-70 flights is the first batch out of a possible 5 batches.
    I suppose the other batches will be used depending on how the virus spreads.

When you say “you heard”, what you mean is you read it here on boards about 5-6 pages back;). Credit to the OP who posted that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

When you say “you heard”, what you mean is you read it here on boards about 5-6 pages back;). Credit to the OP who posted that information.

I heard it from a mate who is a FO on the 330

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

basill wrote: »
    I think the pilots have demonstrated a great deal of flexibility in order to keep the show on the road and ensure the long term viability of the airline. If and/or when the company decides to deploy the NEO back on the Atlantic then I am sure where there is a will there will be a way in order to ensure they are crewed. There are plenty of crews trained up to cover what would potentially be only a handful of flights each week given that SNN ops are suspended. As stated earlier the benefit of utilising the NEO is that it frees up A330 crews to focus on the far east route and any other cargo contracts that will come up over the coming period. Time will tell.

I'm under the impression that everyone from cabin crew to pilots will experience a downturn in pay and standards. Engineering conny rate will go down and airlines will use this event to cull dead wood , older staff and unqualified staff.

I fear the situation will be taken advantage of, akin to when oil prices drop the price at the pump takes an age to come down. The same with T"s and C"s in Aviation. Its going to be milked by the management in all companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

alarmcode wrote: »
    plenty of lolly for the engineers. Just like the days of the "barrier" shifts in SRT.
    Is that what you think? Engineers are last in the food chain in EI,so think again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

basill wrote: »
    I think the pilots have demonstrated a great deal of flexibility in order to keep the show on the road and ensure the long term viability of the airline........
    Well the 50% cut in salary and hours is across the board, so I would say that all the staff have demonstrated a great deal of flexibility to keep the show on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Is there any sort of schedule yet for the Chinese flights.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Is that what you think? Engineers are last in the food chain in EI,so think again.

it was sarcastic. the fact i mentioned SRT barriers might be a wink to the fact I'm in the know.

I get that you're a sweat but Ts and Cs for engineers are still not good in EI. I wont elaborate here but if you have friends in EI,ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I get that you're a sweat but Ts and Cs for engineers are still not good in EI. I wont elaborate here but if you have friends in EI,ask them.

Great money for a mechanic or a catA.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

Tenger wrote: »
    Well the 50% cut in salary and hours is across the board, so I would say that all the staff have demonstrated a great deal of flexibility to keep the show on the road.

I don’t think anyone is disputing that. I took it that he was talking about the pilots agreeing to 26 hour flight duties where they don’t leave the aircraft.

Its a rough and ready fix because you cant leave the vicinity of the aircraft and people's sleep as they fly will be substandard, but people are willing to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its a rough and ready fix because you cant leave the vicinity of the aircraft and people's sleep as they fly will be substandard, but people are willing to do it.

5 flight deck crew so plenty of rotation and its a lot more comfortable up in business class seating than in the cave in the hold

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Just curious Will Aer Lingus be flying out to Peru for the stranded Irish or will they be hitching a ride with BA or someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

yew_tree wrote: »
    Just curious Will Aer Lingus be flying out to Peru for the stranded Irish or will they be hitching a ride with BA or someone else?

BA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Chinease Embassy say only 10 slots secured.

Edit - Only first batch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement