Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's 2,1 on the new 757 business class
    As can be clearly seen in the photo above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

roundymac wrote: »
    My wife has booked her annual trip to the States, business class. The seating plan is ,2,1,2,1. Does this sound right? Its on a 757.

No, it's actually 1, 2, 1, 2 on the 757s....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

So, can we agree that there are 3 seats in each business class row.
    2 on one side and a single seat on the other alternating from forward to aft:D

2 - 1
    1 - 2
    2 - 1
    1 - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Growler!!! wrote: »

2 - 1
    1 - 2
    2 - 1
    1 - 2

Sounds like the dialogue from the International Soundcheck Convention.... 1 2, 2 1, 1 2, check check :pac:

I'll get my coat...... :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

And it's not 3 across on each row, it's 1,2,1,2 on each side, total of 12 and 4 so called "throne" seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Sounds like the dialogue from the International Soundcheck Convention.... 1 2, 2 1, 1 2, check check :pac:

I'll get my coat...... :D:

Ha ha gtfo with your coat:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

MoeJay wrote: »
    And it's not 3 across on each row, it's 1,2,1,2 on each side, total of 12 and 4 so called "throne" seats.

:confused: that would be 6 across
    they are 3 across. as Growler said
    wrote:
    2 on one side and a single seat on the other alternating from forward to aft:D

2 - 1
    1 - 2
    2 - 1
    1 - 2

I think your getting across
    and along [front to back] confused

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Stealthirl wrote: »
    :confused: that would be 6 across
    they are 3 across. as Growler said

I think your getting across
    and along [front to back] confused

OK.

Row 1 1-1
    Row 2 2-2
    Row 3 1-1
    Row 4 2-2

Or at least that's how they looked this morning.

Simples!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

roundymac wrote: »
    My wife has booked her annual trip to the States, business class. The seating plan is ,2,1,2,1. Does this sound right? Its on a 757.

New Business class seats on the B757,
    2-2,
    1-1,
    2-2,
    1-1
    ....12 seats on total. Single seats being the best apparently.
    EDIT: Seats themselves are all exactly the same, however the single seat has table space on both sides so a feeling of more room. Definitely better for those who need to work while flying, doesnt make any difference on a night flight is sleeping.
    Also the window seats do not have direct aisle access so are less desirable for single travelers.
    Growler!!! wrote: »
    Pics above show single seats in the same row as each other, similarly twin seats in the same rows as each other.
    Carnacalla wrote: »
    Last time I checked it was 2,2.

Old config was 3 rows of 2-2 each

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Tenger wrote: »
    Single seats being the best apparently

I would have thought/expected them to be all equal!

I'd be royally piśšed off if the other guy in business who paid the same €1,500 I paid had a better seat than me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I would have thought/expected them to be all equal!

I'd be royally piśšed off if the other guy in business who paid the same €1,500 I paid had a better seat than me!

The people who fly in Business aren't the types to be into the whole "everyone is equal thing"... :)

donvito99 wrote: »
    The people who fly in Business aren't the types to be into the whole "everyone is equal thing"... :)

My last 3/4 trips stateside were all taken in business class on AL, and I felt we were all equal sitting up front.

My last 3/4 trips stateside were all taken in business class on AL, and I felt we were all equal sitting up front.

The innocence is so cute

Tenger wrote: »
    The innocence is so cute

Me in my hoodie and worn out jeans, I tell y'all they were all my equal that day,

"Yes please, I'll have the champagne"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Me in my hoodie and worn out jeans, I tell y'all they were all my equal that day,

"Yes please, I'll have the champagne"

While watching the commitments!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Had the pleasure of travelling as a passenger today on EI-EZV.
    I must say in my experience it was the most comfortable economy seat I've sat in thus far! I really liked the cabin, how many of the EI fleet have these seats ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,698 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Locker10a wrote: »
    Had the pleasure of travelling as a passenger today on EI-EZV.
    I must say in my experience it was the most comfortable economy seat I've sat in thus far! I really liked the cabin, how many of the EI fleet have these seats ?

Four - the ex Little Red contract birds. -DEI/O, -EVV/W

L1011 wrote: »
    Four - the ex Little Red contract birds. -DEI/O, -EVV/W

Cool, I'll be hoping my future flights are on these craft then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Saw a vueling A319 parked outside hanger 6 today. Is that the former EI A319 that is going to Vueling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Aer%20Lingus-history-a319.htm

Looks like all three of EI's A319's are going to Vueling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

so does this mean maybe 3 A320s for AL as replacements or was there no need for them....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

zone 1 wrote: »
    so does this mean maybe 3 A320s for AL as replacements or was there no need for them....

The end of the Virgin agreement allowed for 4 A320's to be returned to EI, which are the 4 A320's that are being commended for their comfortable seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,698 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zonda999 wrote: »
    http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Aer%20Lingus-history-a319.htm

Looks like all three of EI's A319's are going to Vueling

Gone rather than going, I thought. They had 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Was on both DEI & DEO in the last 10 days and both have the regular navy leather EI seats. IIRC EZW and EZV are the only two with the ex Virgin Little Red brown leather seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

is there any plan for upgrade of a320 fleet for AL or is it just longhaul upgrade of a350 or maybe a330neo

is there any plan for upgrade of a320 fleet for AL or is it just longhaul upgrade of a350 or maybe a330neo

Currently there is not official shorthaul upgrade plan. EI had officially stated in 2014 and 2015 that they were "looking at future shorthaul options" and mentioned the B737MAX and the A320neo. Of course with the IAG takeover any decision is taken out of their hands. Looking at the IAG order book we can expect to see A320neo in green and white by 2020.
    While there is no publically available info on the IAG plans for EI at present, IAG currently have 120 A320ceo/neo on order for Vueling, 30 A320neo for BA and another 85 on order from Airbus which have yet to be allocated to a specific airline.

As mentioned it will eventually be the A320neo from the IAG pool, I wouldn't be too excited, in 10 years people will probably be reminiscing the space and comfort of the 320ceo, as the NEOs will have more pax crammed in, probably on new lightweight seats with less padding and less locker space in relation to no. of seats onboard , I know EasyJet will seat 186 passengers on their 320neo.
    To compare, EI currently seat 174 in an all economy layout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

AFAIA Easyjet were tight anyway,29'' as against 31'' for EI. If the new seating allows another row for EI that will 180. I'll be starting my diet next week.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Easyjet always feels very cramped. Only ever used them on the EDI-LGW route back and forth so relativly short flight but wouldnt fancy being squished in there for a medium haul trip. Nice airline to fly with otherwise...

Wonder what EI will do in terms of shorthaul fleet breakdown. A320 / A321. I also presume like other IAG carries they will offer some sort of premium economy or business class service ?

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Easyjet always feels very cramped. Only ever used them on the EDI-LGW route back and forth so relativly short flight but wouldnt fancy being squished in there for a medium haul trip. Nice airline to fly with otherwise...

Wonder what EI will do in terms of shorthaul fleet breakdown. A320 / A321. I also presume like other IAG carries they will offer some sort of premium economy or business class service ?

Over the past 2 years there has been constant rumour about EI having some form of premium seating on selected European flights.....but everything management have actioned in that time had been cuts, and they have turned things ever more ultra low cost(scrimping on cleaning, catering etc.) so I don't see this happening now.
    Aircraft will likely be a320neo from the IAG pool with new flexicabin layout and hopefully they will also take some a321s ! I've a soft spot for the a321 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement