Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

kub wrote: »
    I really hope they are replacing those seats.

I'd say so... Doesn't really fit with the EI cabin look.

I can remember a couple of other planes that they have taken in where the seats remained as they were closer in colour... Iberia I think?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

tippman1 wrote: »
    Ahem......my troll proximity warning just went off there briefly.....anyone else?

Sorry guys, admins have now dealt with a re reg troll, I've been kind of busy elsewhere over the last 24 hours, so this sort of thing wasn't on the radar

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

What I care about is comfort, and the a320 is a more modern cabin that is actually wider and taller than the 737, it's one of the reasons I choose EI over FR(let alone seat pitch).

I prefer the 320's and 321's to the RY 737s (possibly because RY seats are really uncomfortable on anything longer then 2 - 3 hours), but have to say I am really impressed with the cabin in the new 737's. I have an AL return at Easter and see both are 321's, so happy with that.

On the 321LR, will they be a bit 'bouncy' in transatlantic flights? I don't mind a bit of turbulence but wouldn't fancy 6 hours of it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

ted1 wrote: »
    Are companies policies not important when deciding the seat configuration of future aircraft? I'd hazard a guess and say the number paying fir buisness class seats out if their own pocket are in the minority.
    Well to be blunt, I am not sure that the revenue section in Aer Lingus (or another airline) care about who actually is paying for the seats as long as the airline gets paid. The airline will look at the current demand and ticket of themselves and their competitors and use that to decide future fleet cabin layout. They will not examine individual company travel policies.

I will say that the overall culture of company travel may affect them. For example the move for J Class always to J Class only over a certain distance most certainly affected the decision to remove J Class from shorthaul on EI back in the early 2000's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

VQ-BAZ, the ex-Aeroflot A320 scheduled to join the Aer Lingus fleet shortly has been painted and named St. Maeve, it will be re-registered EI-GAL before entering service. 

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8523436

The first window appears to be plugged, not sure if that indicates the cabin layout being a little different.

Here's an internal pic from jet photos... doesn't look too different. Maybe a wider entrance/no first row at door?

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8435426

I would imagine the the old seats and cabin closets will be stripped out, and the EI standard 174Y configuration will be installed with the standard EI bullheads at row 1.
    However it will be interesting to see what seats EI install, my bet is it will be the IAG standard recaro ones found on Iberia and Vueling and on EI-EDS/P and FNJ. As opposed to the original EI navy leather ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

I noticed recently the ex-Iberia A320s in the Aer Lingus fleet, the ones with the slimline seats in a cream colour had been reupholstered into the Aer Lingus navy green.

I much prefer the current Aer Lingus seat, it's probabaly one of the most comfortable short haul seat designs in Europe at the moment with the good cushioning and adjustable head rest.

BA has a nice slimline seat in their newly reconfigured A320s, would be good to see those at Aer Lingus instead of the big standard IAG choice that Iberia and Vueling have.

I notice on Flight Radar that EI-STA (air contractors) is operating the EI338 to TXL,
    Are EI short an aircraft at the moment ? Or were there additional rugby charters today that resulted in them being short ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Locker10a wrote: »
    I notice on Flight Radar that EI-STA (air contractors) is operating the EI338 to TXL,
    Are EI short an aircraft at the moment ? Or were there additional rugby charters today that resulted in them being short ?

They were short aircraft due AOG issues on a few aircraft over the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Bargain Blake

I see they sent an A333 to BDL today.

Spare aircraft, or is the route performing really well?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

As far as I'm aware one of the 757s is in maintenance at the moment, could've just been that they didn't have an aircraft available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Wasn't planned, must be a tech issue, all 4 were flying yesterday with EI-CJX not operating today.

How is the BDL route performing?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

EI-CJX operated EI131 today. As far as I'm aware, BDL is not A330 capable. EI-CJX never shows up on FR24 properly. But it definitely operated to BDL today.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

River Song wrote: »
    EI-CJX operated EI131 today. As far as I'm aware, BDL is not A330 capable. EI-CJX never shows up on FR24 properly. But it definitely operated to BDL today.
    EI-CJX routinely shows up missing its callsign as "EICJX" with the correct callsign "EIN1KL" appearing nearby as EIN1KL but displaying aircraft type as A330 with no registration. FlightRadar24 anyway not sure about other sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Only one was used at Shannon today anyway so there should be no shortage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

For reference EI-CJX is the 757 with the Roll Royce RB211 engines, the 4th one, others are PW, its not a A330

As far as I'm aware, BDL is not A330 capable.

I'm fairly certain I've seen it as a suitable ETOPS Diversion airport in some manual as 'Windsor locks'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Bussywussy wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain I've seen it as a suitable ETOPS Diversion airport in some manual as 'Windsor locks'
    Correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which aircraft is scheduled for the EI0121 next Thursday 30th March?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

thecutter wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me which aircraft is scheduled for the EI0121 next Thursday 30th March?

It will be an Airbus A300-300.

There's no way for the public to know which exact aircraft reg it will be that far in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

VG31 wrote: »

There's no way for the public to know which exact aircraft reg it will be that far in advance.

No problem, thanks for your help

VG31 wrote: »
    Is this unusual? I thought the MCO route got the -200 usually. (Along with SFO and LAX)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

An A300 would be extremely unusual, not even many flying in pax config to lease anymore :pac:

I see EI-STA from air contractors is operating this evening BRU for EI again, they're obviously short a frame at the moment, any idea when the two replacement A320s are due to enter service? Doesn't the summer schedule start on Monday ?

Starts Sunday I think, runs 26th March - 26th October usually. Aer Lingus would still have a bit of slack until at least May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Longest runway is over 9500ft.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Labelled "Windsor Locks" on Flightradar as well, ATC refers to it as its proper name "Bradley", and Aer Lingus have it as "Hartford" (I know thats its primary purpose and probably the most apt name for it). Confusing all the same for those unfamiliar

Not dissimilar to FCO. Its the international airport for Rome, its located in Fiumicino, but the actual airport is called "Leonardo de Vinci".

Tenger wrote: »
    Is this unusual? I thought the MCO route got the -200 usually. (Along with SFO and LAX)

MCO is more 300 now days, gradual change over last 18 months or so, tends 2-3/3-4 weekly on 300.

Not dissimilar to FCO. Its the international airport for Rome, its located in Fiumicino, but the actual airport is called "Leonardo de Vinci".

Belfast-International/Belfast-Aldergrove.

Rare to have an airport with 3 different names though.

• Advertisement

Three is definitely rare - Convington/Cincinnatti/Kentucky (CVG) is the only other one I can think of right now. US politics has a lot to play in this - both at a local and national level. The FAA renaming airports can cause ructions - due to the particular tenderness around ATC, its normal for DCA Reagan tower to still use "National"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭HTCOne

BDL is A330 capable, EI amongst others FPL it as their alternate for BOS

I heard the 104 was diverted to Iceland yesterday. Anybody know the reason?

IQO wrote: »
    EI101 DUB-EWR diverted to KEF (Iceland) today.

T0efv2d.png

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ei101#cdb9950
    Mentioned yesterday on the FR24 thread but no-one seems to know the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Medical diversion apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I dunno if it's short haul or long haul but an update for aer lingus wifi: 3 new strands to be introduced on the 5th of April up 50mb, 120mb and 270mb. Free for business class.

Panasonic, aeromobile and deutsche telekom will be involved setting it up.

Business class is already capped at 400mb which is a bit of a joke. Those other data bundles are useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Business class is already capped at 400mb which is a bit of a joke. Those other data bundles are useless.
    What are ya watching, westerns? 400mb more than sufficent to do emails, contact the office, scour the papers via the net.......for some people a little of something is plain not good enough. I just thank my lucky stars I have access to email and people can text me etc. Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

duskyjoe wrote: »
    What are ya watching, westerns? 400mb more than sufficent to do emails, contact the office, scour the papers via the net.......for some people a little of something is plain not good enough. I just thank my lucky stars I have access to email and people can text me etc. Just my 2c

Well why make something crap that was working well. I don't think you understand how little 400mb is on a laptop in the context of media-rich sites like newspapers.

Last time I just used it on my phone - a bit of browsing - email - twitter -whatsapp - flightradar24 and I used up the whole allocation. If I'd opened my laptop it would have run out a lot quicker. I'm sure the cabin crew would have given me another card if I'd asked but nickel and diming the J passengers seems a bit dumb.

On my flight it was still unlimited for the main cabin if paying the EUR15 fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭john boye

Not sure if it's been reported here but EI-EZV/W have both been withdrawn recently.

john boye wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been reported here but EI-EZV/W have both been withdrawn recently.

Noticed this, being replaced by EI-GAL/M according to air fleets but I've not idea when

• Advertisement

Locker10a wrote: »
    Noticed this, being replaced by EI-GAL/M according to air fleets but I've not idea when

Yeah I'm not sure if they were meant to have arrived by now or not. If so, that might explain the ASL subs recently.

Yeah I'm not sure if they were meant to have arrived by now or not. If so, that might explain the ASL subs recently.

They are fine fleet wise until middle of May.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They are fine fleet wise until middle of May.

Yeah I figured a shortage due to delays was probably unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Why - too long in the tooth?

Dardania wrote: »
    Why - too long in the tooth?

No, I may be wrong but recall someone saying that these aircraft were leased specifically to fulfil a contract EI had with virgin a few years ago. They had odd galleys/seats and cabin fixtures which didn't match the rest of the fleet and were a headache for maintaining. 
    Their lease was due to be renewed , but it was decided not to renew the lease but instead lease two newer aircraft which I assume EI can/will fit out to their own spec.

The Little Red interior seemed to have poor durability too. Seat covers very loose was a common occurrence when I was on them

Think the nicknamed 'NO-GO' wifi is a bad choice,should of stuck with panasonic and it will only be the ground based version installed,i believe VS and BA still don't have it working and its not a certification issue, The 330 wifi is just new 3 stages of pricing

Update on wifi: 320 wifi out in november as far as I'm hearing. The new wifi system for 330 should advertised soon.
    I thought the EI wifi was a good system? Panasonic and Tmobile.de if I remember correctly? (My google was in german on the flight!)

I have used it about 4-5 times since it was installed and found it pretty great for being over the Atlantic. Faceman who posts here has done a couple of AMA while being on an T/A trip to pass the time

I thought the EI wifi was a good system? Panasonic and Tmobile.de if I remember correctly? (My google was in german on the flight!)

I have used it about 4-5 times since it was installed and found it pretty great for being over the Atlantic. Faceman who posts here has done a couple of AMA while being on an T/A trip to pass the time

correct.however the powers that be have selected GO-GO for the 320 fleet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

EI 139 left Dublin slightly ahead of EI 109 earlier today, so how is 109 ahead on FLight Radar? Are 333s faster than 332's or would it be down to RTÉ destination airports and landing slots? Just curious. Both tracking 236 until a few secs ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement