Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

P6 showing as operating LAX from 24 June 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,262 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Read that on FB this morning, freeing up A330's for other routes?

Any idea what aircraft they'll be using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Is this a lease for the summer? if so will we be seeing a 777 in EI livery?

JCX BXC wrote: »

Read that on FB this morning, freeing up A330's for other routes?

Any idea what aircraft they'll be using?

Would expect 767, cant see a 777 doing it for cost reasons.

Hard to know what they are doing could be a case of starting a new routes keeping existing freq until after peak summer before adjusting until another aircraft comes in late 2018/early 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭HTCOne

So that implies they'll be launching 2 new long haul routes next summer, with a B752 and at least 1 A330 currently idle every day in current schedule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,262 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

HTCOne wrote: »
    So that implies they'll be launching 2 new long haul routes next summer, with a B752 and at least 1 A330 currently idle every day in current schedule?

Or maybe just increasing frequencies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Morning JFK on a 757 would be nice and move IAD to A330, would leave you short a A330

Or not keeping EI-EWR in the fleet at all, all will be revealed in the next couple of months I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

What's p6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Noxegon

OU812 wrote: »
    What's p6?

Privilege Style. Spanish charter airline.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

P6's interiors are well below even the Omni 767 - overhead video in Y and so on. Would hope there's some significant refit planned. LAX can't be a particularly poorly yielding route and would have some very regular passengers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Noxegon

L1011 wrote: »
    P6's interiors are well below even the Omni 767 - overhead video in Y and so on. Would hope there's some significant refit planned. LAX can't be a particularly poorly yielding route and would have some very regular passengers.

Lets not forget that Ethiopian are on the route too – with much better timings for those of us who need as much of a day as possible in CA.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

HTCOne wrote: »
    Or not keeping EI-EWR in the fleet at all, all will be revealed in the next couple of months I suppose

Getting rid of EWR peak season makes not sense at all. Will be surprised if this was the reason for P6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Noxegon wrote: »
    Lets not forget that Ethiopian are on the route too – with much better timings for those of us who need as much of a day as possible in CA.

Non-daily though. Also a lot of casual passengers have inaccurate ideas of service or even think they're a dry airline

If *A had a bigger FFP base here I'd see it doing more damage - think OW is hugely dominant here though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Our parent co is in CA so we have a lot of travel to LAX. I mentioned going on ethiopian and the guys are looking at me like I'm nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭john boye

I've had to use Ethiopian at short notice from LA twice in the last year or so, once in economy and once in business. Think their economy product slightly shades EIs in truth but EI have their number in business by a distance.

Is the P6 definitely going to be on DUB-LAX? I mean they could be putting a 767 on SNN-BOS again and freeing up another B752, meaning 2 of DUB-YUL, DUB-PIT or the daytime return JFK flight could happen?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Anyone think it could be a simple mistake?
    EI arent really known for planning so far in advance. Their Winter '17/18 schedule was only published sometime last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Tenger wrote: »
    EI arent really known for planning so far in advance. Their Winter '17/18 schedule was only published sometime last week.

Possibly but it's hard to imagine a situation where the error could occur if there isn't something happening with P6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭john boye

The LAX route in particular seems an odd one to pick for charter operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Could be - the reverse flights from LAX to DUB seem to be still shown as being EI operated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

On the way over maybe but the opposite argument could be made for the way back. I prefer EI timings as the jet lag would kill me so a fullish workday when I arrive would not be ideal.

Especially as EI are ramping up their Wrst Coast operation, A333 on SFO, daily Summer flights to LAX. Their big sell is their flat beds and wifi. Why would they dilute/reduce the product?

I think its a typo related to the recent spate of mass hire-ins by EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Was supposed to be on EI249 LGW-DUB last night but a bird strike on the earlier LGW-NOC sector left us without a plane. Anybody know long the turnaround would be after a bird strike?

Managed to rebook us online to the earliest flight before the masses descended but it took at least two hours to get a hotel(and we were at the front of the queue). Menzies did not handle it well at all, one agent for a full flight of rebookings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

EI-DEK left Knock at 01:28 for Dublin.

5.5 hours after it should have left for Gatwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Was supposed to be on EI249 LGW-DUB last night but a bird strike on the earlier LGW-NOC sector left us without a plane. Anybody know long the turnaround would be after a bird strike?

Managed to rebook us online to the earliest flight before the masses descended but it took at least two hours to get a hotel(and we were at the front of the queue). Menzies did not handle it well at all, one agent for a full flight of rebookings.
    So Menzies are supposed to have agents standing around scratching their arses on the off-chance that an airline might have a problem that needs sorting. Unbelieveable:confused:

roundymac wrote: »
    So Menzies are supposed to have agents standing around scratching their arses on the off-chance that an airline might have a problem that needs sorting. Unbelieveable:confused:

Should be at least 2 agents per flight at check in, so legitimate to complain only a single agent processing the queue

I’m not asking for a fleet of people, but two is not that hard to expect. One would imagine they would be sufficiently staffed for something that is a part of their purpose. It took some people five hours to get sorted, and because nobody could answer questions people didn’t even know where to queue

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I thought it was fog at NOC was the issue

• Advertisement

Locker10a wrote: »

It may well have been? We were told bird strike anyway.

I’m not asking for a fleet of people, but two is not that hard to expect. One would imagine they would be sufficiently staffed for something that is a part of their purpose. It took some people five hours to get sorted, and because nobody could answer questions people didn’t even know where to queue

Menzies at Gatwick are a notoriously crap service provider. They have just lost their contract with easyjet, Gatwick's biggest airline. One person to process a full cancelled flight is ridiculous. And I feel really sorry for the staff member. Airlines and handling agents really need to get their act together with contingency plans. Menzies would have hundreds of staff at Gatwick so it's deplorable they didn't send help to deal with this flight.

Menzies at Gatwick are a notoriously crap service provider. They have just lost their contract with easyjet, Gatwick's biggest airline. One person to process a full cancelled flight is ridiculous. And I feel really sorry for the staff member. Airlines and handling agents really need to get their act together with contingency plans. Menzies would have hundreds of staff at Gatwick so it's deplorable they didn't send help to deal with this flight.

Oh absolutely, couldn’t fault her at all but ridiculous that they only provided the one.

It may well have been? We were told bird strike anyway.
    It may well have been in fact a bird strike and subsequent tech issue. As the aircraft positioned to DUB and hasn't flown at all today.
    I suspected fog due to the weather conditions at the time in NOC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Anybody know long the turnaround would be after a bird strike?

Depends where it hits and the amount of hits, size of the bird and damage found.
    A glancing blow on the forward fuselage with no damage, just wipe off the the snarge (technical term for bird residue) and away you go. If the bird dents a leading edge you might have to do a repair. If it goes down the core of the engine you probably have to do a boroscope inspection (if it goes down the fan stream you usually don't). They can also get speared on pitot probes, damage hydraulic lines on extended landing gear and of course crack windscreens. Every event is different, you never know how long it's going to take until it happens.

Quick question, I've seen these answered before in this forum so hopefully I get a positive response.

Can anyone find out what aircraft will be flying EI141 to MIA on the 1st or have the frames not been scheduled that far in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

Send a tweet to @aerlingus. They normally will get back to you with the answer.

Its down for a 330-200

For security reasons it is unlikely Aer Lingus will reveal which specific aircraft will operate, but you can work it out sometimes.

That said first flight to LAX was on EI-LAX, the first flight to EWR was not EI-EWR.

Quick question, I've seen these answered before in this forum so hopefully I get a positive response.

Can anyone find out what aircraft will be flying EI141 to MIA on the 1st or have the frames not been scheduled that far in advance?
    Actual aircraft will not be confirmed until a day or two before I believe.
    I think it's scheduled as an A330-200. So choice of 4, LAX, DAA, EWR or DUO.

Just curious or do you have an aversion/attraction to a particular aircraft.

Just curious or do you have an aversion/attraction to a particular aircraft.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

No aversion to any one aircraft so long as its a 200 (as scheduled). I'm in row 25 which has no window on the 300 and Aer Lingus wont let me change it prior to check in.

I did fly on EWR when it was a young puppy in the fleet tho, so if I had to choose...... lol

EWR doesn't have the crew rest so tends to stay off the -200 routes in LAX/SFO so would be an obvious choice if it works out that way

Or it could be a -300 you never know

• Advertisement

Well I'll find out next week I suppose... sure I'll probably be able to change the seat at check in, and it being the first flight out I doubt it will be full.

Well I'll find out next week I suppose... sure I'll probably be able to change the seat at check in, and it being the first flight out I doubt it will be full.
    Cool flight to be on. Over the last couple of years EI have made a bit of a fuss on their 'inaugural flights'. You might even get a souvenir, a mate has a nice little DUB-SFO pen from 2014.

It's a pretty busy flight from what I understand, better loads than some previous launches.

Cool flight to be on. Over the last couple of years EI have made a bit of a fuss on their 'inaugural flights'. You might even get a souvenir, a mate has a nice little DUB-SFO pen from 2014.

That's exactly why I booked it! I was originally supposed to be going out the day before with BA but knowing EI started the route the next day I decided to check the cost, and they were a steal

It's a pretty busy flight from what I understand, better loads than some previous launches.

Ahh well, fingers cross it stays as a 332 so. Cant be havin' no window now can I....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Its down for a 330-200

For security reasons it is unlikely Aer Lingus will reveal which specific aircraft will operate, but you can work it out sometimes.

That said first flight to LAX was on EI-LAX, the first flight to EWR was not EI-EWR.

Could be LAX.
    LAX did some inaugural flights. It flew the inaugural route to IAD, and also LAX. Not sure if it flew inaugural to Baltimore..

I think DUO flew inaugural to XYZ..

I'd say it could be LAX..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Could be LAX.
    LAX did some inaugural flights. It flew the inaugural route to IAD, and also LAX. Not sure if it flew inaugural to Baltimore..

I think DUO flew inaugural to XYZ..

I'd say it could be LAX..

Its pot luck with the way the schedule worked that LAX operated those flights..
    Anyway its DUO unless theres tech or schedule issues leading up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

How do the 200s compare with newer 300 versions. Do they have good IFE systems, charging points ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

IE 222 wrote: »
    How do the 200s compare with newer 300 versions. Do they have good IFE systems, charging points ect.

Big overhead screens with Betamax tapes on those "old 200s"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

IE 222 wrote: »

They don't have the latest IFE which is on the newest 300's but it's fine. I usually prefer loading up my iPad over the IFE. Edit: possibly Ei-EWR has the new wifi.

All the 330's have power.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement