Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Including the soon to be outsourced A319's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Including the soon to be outsourced A319's?

You answered your own question there ;)

Jack1985 wrote: »
    You answered your own question there ;)

Did I?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Jack1985 wrote: »
    All short-haul aircraft will undergo a cabin refit this coming winter, allowing for installation of WiFi and enhanced Business product offering on popular routes LHR/LGW/AMS/CDG/ZRH/GVA......

I'm sorry....but WTF?
    I'm a fan of that happening but adding some sort of J Class product is a huge step. I would have thought an announcement would be made on that point
    (not complaining as I feel EI would need to add Y+ to keep distance from and attraction against the 'new' FR)

Tenger wrote: »
    I'm sorry....but WTF?
    I'm a fan of that happening but adding some sort of J Class product is a huge step. I would have thought an announcement would be made on that point
    (not complaining as I feel EI would need to add Y+ to keep distance from and attraction against the 'new' FR)

There's defiantly no business class cabin return, rather a similar approach to BA's blocking of a seat if plans progress. Talk of sockets for the first few rows etc, nothing concrete but the re-fit this winter allows the opportunity to do it.

• Advertisement

Announcement on the extension of the new DUB-IAD route from late Oct to January due shortly. Very positive forward bookings have led to the fairly short-notice decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ronnie147

I'v flown on 2 of the A319's (EPS & EPT) the seats on them seem to be very cramped compared to the A320's, Any one know what the seat pitch is on these? SeatGuru mentions its a split cabin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

First few rows still have business pitch. I heard 2 were reconfigured to change this. I was recently on both EPS and EPU and they both still had the better pitch up front. I always get seat 3A as a result ;-)

Question about the Omni 767-200 to be leased.

Do EI already have it? I've seen reports that it was very recently sent in for painting into EI colours (Or partly in them).

Also, will it appear on FR24, I have my bets on it won't, but I hope it will.

Do EI already have it? I've seen reports that it was very recently sent in for painting into EI colours (Or partly in them).

Doubt they already have it. It will appear soon enough. I think the lease is June-July-August.

Might be an option to try a dummy booking on EI.com to look for the planned start dates.

• Advertisement

Doubt they already have it. It will appear soon enough. I think the lease is June-July-August.

Might be an option to try a dummy booking on EI.com to look for the planned start dates.

Done it already it starts June 8th. Seat plans available. Lease ends then in late august, something like the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Omni air 767 was in service today in omni air international livery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Not yet, just filling in the past few days until the ~22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Touch wood but the 8th A330 , due back Wednesday , it's been
    Re painted reconfigured and rebuilt!

So at last some signs of stability !

b757 wrote: »
    Not yet, just filling in the past few days until the ~22nd.

Do you know what the story is after that? When will EI get the 767 and refit the business class?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Do you know what the story is after that? When will EI get the 767 and refit the business class?

Late May/Early June, no refit due to lease being only 3 months.

Omni Plane, Omni crew, Aer Lingus flight number and possibly titles.

Incorrect, a business class will be fitted.

Carnacalla looked at EI.com and says it is June 8th-Aug 28th.

EI.com

This amuses me :) I'm sure I've done it before though.

I can also confirm it operates from the 8th of June. The B757-200 then goes to Dublin to operate the DUB-JFK for the duration of the 767 lease.

This amuses me :) I'm sure I've done it before though.....
    You have.......

• Advertisement

EI-EWR just back from Bordeaux.

A mate was supposed to go to MCO today...it was subbed for a B767 (obviously due EWR only back today) He texted to saw it "was like going back in time"
    He says he will takes pics to show me.

A mate was supposed to go to MCO today...it was subbed for a B767 (obviously due EWR only back today) He texted to saw it "was like going back in time"
    He says he will takes pics to show me.

Post them here if you can :) I think its the 767-300 he is on, them ones have no PTV's!!!

....I think its the 767-300 he is on, them ones have no PTV's!!!
    That explains his shocked text

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

The desperate times that we live in that we can't do without wifi or tv for a few hours. Maybe he could do the old fashioned art of talking and think about going on holiday to Orlando!!!

The desperate times that we live in that we can't do without wifi or tv for a few hours. Maybe he could do the old fashioned art of talking and think about going on holiday to Orlando!!!
    Indeed. I know that He'll be grand, he'll have a paper and a few beers. Wouldnt boter him too much. But for many others this would seem like punishment.

personally I'm a reader and a sleeper on planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

chaps, the 4th 757 is due for 2016, will we be seeing it in Dublin in the off season, i.e late 15 or early 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Here's a picture of the Omni that subbed for Aer Lingus the last couple of weeks , for some reason I cant't embed it, my browser keeps crashing everytime I try, maybe Tenger can edit it there and try embed it (I just took a guess and pasted the IMG link into your post)

901959DA-CEBE-4B30-B29E-3B30955DCEEA_zps0t9kvs77.jpg

Razor44 wrote: »
    chaps, the 4th 757 is due for 2016, will we be seeing it in Dublin in the off season, i.e late 15 or early 16?

There's a 4th 757 due? What will it operate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭zone 1

more boeings.....fleet becoming old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement