Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,262 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pete2k wrote: »
    Looks like they've cancelled today's EI111 jfk flight from Shannon and sent the 757 to Dublin to cover the Newark flight... except for the 100 or so being sent to a hotel

And another 150 or so being sent to a hotel in Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    joeysoap wrote: »
    cabin crew don’t like FNH and FNJ as their rest area is facing the toilets with the result their rest is disrupted.

Ah yes another wonderful case of a desk bound planner making arrangements for Crew. Without any prior consultation and knowledge of how an aircraft works. It always warms the cockles of my heart to know that these clowns are on the big bucks!

Ahem cough former cabin crew involved in picking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

JCX BXC wrote: »
    And another 150 or so being sent to a hotel in Shannon.

Am I right in thinking that that cancellation for Shannon alone would cost EI in the call park of 120k incl compensation, hotels, transport etc???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Ahem cough former cabin crew involved in picking it.

former cabin crew don’t have to work in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

joeysoap wrote: »
    former cabin crew don’t have to work in them.

No they dont. But your original point is still redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Omni on the way in as ei992 from dfw, one of thr 330's gone tech?

markc91 wrote: »
    Try 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Try 2...

Any idea what its operating tomorrow?

Try 2...

Any idea what its operating tomorrow?

Think it's Boston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I read that and my immediate thought was "damn, they've launched Dallas and I missed it".

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I read that and my immediate thought was "damn, they've launched Dallas and I missed it".

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

From a statistical viewpoint it is interesting to see that when their aircraft break down it seems to always be Boeing aircraft that are hired in. Some examples:

Titan 737 and 767
    ASL France 737
    Privilege Style 767
    Omni 777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI uses HiFly also who turn out a A340 when called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Pity very little chance of seeing their A380 with its Singapore Suites onboard! Norwegian passengers through Gatwick to New York getting quite the treat at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭trellheim

was there not supposed to be a 330 on standby for the inevitable tech ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

trellheim wrote: »

Was rumoured but didn't happen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Nijmegen wrote: »

Pity very little chance of seeing their A380 with its Singapore Suites onboard! Norwegian passengers through Gatwick to New York getting quite the treat at the moment.
    Was literally on it yesterday, was lush

L1011 wrote: »
    trellheim wrote: »

Was rumoured but didn't happen.

The plug was pulled on it last minute...wasn't compatible with existing fleet..it was even in DUB

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Mebuntu wrote: »
    From a statistical viewpoint it is interesting to see that when their aircraft break down it seems to always be Boeing aircraft that are hired in. Some examples:

Titan 737 and 767
    ASL France 737
    Privilege Style 767
    Omni 777
    I think that might be more a feature of charter airline availibility and pricing than an actual preference by Aer Lingus.

The B777 is a great aircraft for large capaciry and range while the B737 and B767 are widespread and ubitiqitous on the 2nd hand market. I guess Boeing pilots are most common too? Maybe the A330 hasnt penetrated that market yet?

Would be interesting to see a comparison of aircraft typesin use by ACMI operators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bar HiFly most of the ACMI operators use Boeing (and ATR/ERJ for the small ones). Used to be lots of DC9 family operators also

• Advertisement

Titan has several A320 family aircraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Today’s EI Los Angelus flight on way back to Dublin, went tech over Greenland. Back at 2150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Arciphel

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Ei-lax just landed back into Dublin while on its way to lax,if I’m not mistaken I think she was in Seattle twice over last few days and was running quite a bit behind schedule on both occasions,not sure if there all linked r is she starting to show her age,it’s covered a lot of ground since new in 1999

And as if that doesn’t put enough pressure already on TA fleet gcf is under going maintenance in Dublin with the last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Karl8415 wrote: »
    And as if that doesn’t put enough pressure already on TA fleet gcf is under going maintenance in Dublin with the last week

To throw more into the mix, I was at the airport last night and saw the 109 (EI-ELA) leave for JFK at about 21:30.. a full 5 1/2 hours late.

To throw more into the mix, I was at the airport last night and saw the 109 (EI-ELA) leave for JFK at about 21:30.. a full 5 1/2 hours late.

Engine switch performed on this yesterday hence the delay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I have been following the EI flights on flightradar24 recently and the majority seem to be pushing back at least 30 mins late from DUB and scheduled to land late at destination. They really are at the edge at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭john boye

Today's EI139 will be operated by a Privilege B767 apparently.

• Advertisement

john boye wrote: »

Presumably, that's the same one they hired in on 3rd Aug..

...and the Omni 772 that Aer Lingus earlier hired in on Monday is now on its way from Killeen-Fort Hood, TX to Shannon under Flight No. OAE543. ETA 12.19.

Presumably, that's the same one they hired in on 3rd Aug..

...and the Omni 772 that Aer Lingus earlier hired in on Monday is now on its way from Killeen-Fort Hood, TX to Shannon under Flight No. OAE543. ETA 12.19.

The omni is most likely just doing its day job if it has that call sign

The Omni is most likely just doing its day job if it has that call sign
    What do you mean by its day job?

What do you mean by its day job?

Troop transport for US military.
    If Omni are hired by EI and traveling to Ireland they will have an EI call sign.
    EI hire them to ferry over to Dublin and return, not just the DUB-BOS-DUB sectors.

The Omni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Any word on why the LAX flight had to return to Dub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Arciphel wrote: »
    Any word on why the LAX flight had to return to Dub?

To prevent it been taking out of service for an extra 24 hours in LAX most likely, there was clearly not emergency if it managed to fly for 6 hours. The right decision was made to bring it back to reduce disruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

I wouldn't read to much into the late push backs of the AL TA fleet. Most likely CBP delays and waiting for connecting passengers. The latter no doubt delayed on inbounds due to the Dublin Airport infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

The late push backs are a pain if you have a connection in the US. My wife just scraped onto a chicago connection and i have missed a number of connections in the past. I fly again first week of Sept connecting through IAD so am hoping for an on time flight. And that is most likely on the Qatar 330 with the old business cabin too.

Their TA fleet is a mess this week and last it seems, 330's returning to base, 777's (ORD & BOS) and 757's (EWR) in the mix where they aren't normally, hours late departures (JFK & BOS), cancelled flights (BOS), no business class on the 777 either so its pot luck. I go to the US (EWR) next week and its been a 757 the last two days, and late again today. How do they select who to bump from business when a 757 is substituted in for a 330?

I imagine it’s either contract business passengers first or your ranking in the loyalty programme.

There is a published list

AerClub status holder on a revenue ticket is the bottom of the list
    Status upgrade vouchers and staff tickets at the top

Beyond that its going to be based on first come first served at check in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

I wonder why BOS nearly always gets the subbed in aircraft, is it just that it has the quickest flight time/turn-around so costs them less?

I wonder why BOS nearly always gets the subbed in aircraft, is it just that it has the quickest flight time/turn-around so costs them less?

Possibly less premium pax on it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Anybody get compensated the full €600 from Aer Lingus for a cancelled flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

There is a published list

AerClub status holder on a revenue ticket is the bottom of the list
    Status upgrade vouchers and staff tickets at the top

Beyond that its going to be based on first come first served at check in

Yeah but they’ll phone people first not just shaft them at checkin.

They even phoned me before on day of flight to offer me an earlier flight because my return from Bos was going to be a few hours delayed due to late departure from Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Yeah but they’ll phone people first not just shaft them at checkin. 
    My wife only found out she was not in business (with a concierge upgrade) when she spent 40 mins (1 counter open) at the AerClub desk in Dublin on Monday, no phone calls or texts. 

Not sure how you find out in advance if the aircraft is swapped out for something else - easy enough after the fact of course.

Unless I’m mistaken there’s no sign of EI-LAX today,wotever happened yesterday to it must be pretty serious,as of today that’s both EI-LAX and GCF our of service,the latter due to routine maintenance in the hanger,Aer Lingus cash reserves must be getting a pounding with the last week or so with all the hire ins that have appeared this week

Unless I’m mistaken there’s no sign of EI-LAX today,wotever happened yesterday to it must be pretty serious,as of today that’s both EI-LAX and GCF our of service,the latter due to routine maintenance in the hanger,Aer Lingus cash reserves must be getting a pounding with the last week or so with all the hire ins that have appeared this week

LAX out til Sunday I’m told

WOW,that’s some serious tech issue that’s resulted in the aircraft taken out of service on a Tuesday evening till Sunday,credit to the crew for making the call on it,I wonder wud they have spoken to HQ while over Greenland and were told to bring aircraft home because as pointed out earlier in a comment having the aircraft stranded in lax wud cause the company serious headaches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭trellheim

Aer Lingus cash reserves must be getting a pounding
    dont you worry EI are coining it.

...........Aer Lingus cash reserves must be getting a pounding with the last week or so with all the hire ins that have appeared this week
    If you're going to sweat your assests so heavily then you should foreseen tech disruption and pressure on your maintainance team.
    If they didnt have a plan in place then I would ask questions about their Exec team.
    "Hope is not a strategy"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement