Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic V Inter

• 19-02-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭

Europa League 1st leg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Wide open game for various reasons. Great entertainment so far.

Pat Fenlon says; "make sure the tie's not over 'til it finishes":)

'mon Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

giphy.gif

callaway92 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Thanks for your contribution. Have ya got music in mind to go with that? Good match btw.

• Advertisement

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Thanks for your contribution. Have ya got music in mind to go with that? Good match btw.

Far cry from the Celtic and Inter in the past. I watched the first half. Two tragic teams. Spurs/Fiorentina was the match for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Deserved finish for the draw, Gordon had a shocker which is such a shame as he has been excellent for Celtic

Spurs/Fiorentina was the match for tonight.

WTF are you doing in here then?

WTF are you doing in here then?

To see what people were saying about the match. I am a football fan who likes to keep up with things.

I also look in the Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea thread even though I'm not a fan and don't post in them.

To see what people were saying about the match. I am a football fan who likes to keep up with things.

I could have sworn it was just to post your 'witty' GIF

• Advertisement

I could have sworn it was just to post your 'witty' GIF

Sorry, 'A Dub in Glasgo'. I'll leave now. Apologies for offending you so deeply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I also look in the Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea thread even though I'm not a fan and don't post in them.

Pity ya didnt do that here aswell instead of antagonizing people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Jesus, i've seen some bad match threads in my time, you'd never think the game finished 3-3 with Celtic getting a last minute equalizer.

I was posting the super thread during the game, like most of the Celtic fans because i don't want to be looking at stupid tumbleweed gigs and the usual guff that goes with a Celtic match thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Match threads don't work on here unless there's EPL superstars playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Jesus, i've seen some bad match threads in my time, you'd never think the game finished 3-3 with Celtic getting a last minute equalizer.

Everyone was watching Eastenders. Much more entertaining than 2 has-been clubs kick seven shades out of each other in the B league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Everyone was watching Eastenders. Much more entertaining than 2 has-been clubs kick seven shades out of each other in the B league.

Your match report is intriguing, do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Europa league was much more entertaining this week than the champions league. It's a more open competition with good teams if people are prepared to sink to such depths as to watching football that isnt a premier league side or Real/Bayern/Barcelona

Well I had my fun and that's all that matters.

Seriously really enjoyed that last night. We'd have won the game if it wasn't for Craig Gordon inexplicably having a howler. He gets a pass because he has been brilliant for Celtic since he signed, especially in Europe.

It's 3-3, but I think Celtic are very much still in this tie. Guidetti should start the next day, I reckon that's the only change I'd have made to Deila's starting 11. Armstrong in particular looks a good buy.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I was posting the super thread during the game, like most of the Celtic fans because i don't want to be looking at stupid tumbleweed gigs and the usual guff that goes with a Celtic match thread

I think there used to be more Celtic fans around here, must've migrated elsewhere. No matter, full house at Parkhead last night and Ronny Deila looks to be building an interesting new team at Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Very entertaining game I thought, Celtic always seem to play much better against teams that should really beat them.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I think there used to be more Celtic fans around here, must've migrated elsewhere. No matter, full house at Parkhead last night and Ronny Deila looks to be building an interesting new team at Celtic.
    No wonder with the nonsense that gets posted in Celtic match threads around here. Heap of posts in here with smart assed and derogatory statements. Barely any comments about what anyone with even a shred of knowledge about football could see was an entertaining game.

Meanwhile on the Liverpool thread, heaps of posts about an absolute bore fest of a game.

But sure they play in England, so of course its more interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No wonder with the nonsense that gets posted in Celtic match threads around here. Heap of posts in here with smart assed and derogatory statements. Barely any comments about what anyone with even a shred of knowledge about football could see was an entertaining game.

Meanwhile on the Liverpool thread, heaps of posts about an absolute bore fest of a game.

But sure they play in England, so of course its more interesting

Thats a bit inaccurate. I watched both in full and while there was no goals in the first 45 minutes of the Liverpool game, both teams played very well and it was a great watch. Certainly no borefest. The second half? Not so much but overall it was an enjoyable game even if the Celtic Inter one had more about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats a bit inaccurate. I watched both in full and while there was no goals in the first 45 minutes of the Liverpool game, both teams played very well and it was a great watch. Certainly no borefest. The second half? Not so much but overall it was an enjoyable game even if the Celtic Inter one had more about it.

All right, I may have been exaggerating just a tad. The Celtic Inter game was much more entertaining though and its frustrating as a Celtic fan to see that get dismissed simply because, as far as ai can see at least, they don't play in a glamour league.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

I aint been posting here because talkceltic is better for celtic chat without any condescending epl fans but I might start,
    the bt reporters especially making fun of celtic last night wasnt on, they were laughing at the players staying on the pitch to interact with the fans after the game even though it was a draw. Well if Liverpool or Spurs had fought back from 2-0 down with the entire stadium willing them on and then showed their appreciation to the fans after that they all would of had a wankfest in the studio.
    Anyway to the game,
    I can forgive Gordon because he got us there
    Matthews had his best game of the season. VVD and Denayer were ok.. some people say VVD is as good as Wanyama but he really isn't, he just dosent look half as solid in europe as he does in the spl, Still a great player though. Izzy was meh, we need competition for his position hopefully mulgrew back might offer that.
    Brown was good and Bitton was man of the match, really becoming a player.
    Armstrong and GMS were great again, delighted with these signings, Johansen wasnt his best but still worked his socks off, as did the thumb up front, taking the defenders away from armstrong on the first goal.
    Was raging when henderson came on but the assist he made was great, hopefully more to see from him
    Well done Guidetti, heard hes staying late a training these days to make an impact, hopefully thats him getting his head in the game now.
    With these players plus Commons, forrest and Scep I can't see Stokes working his way back into the team unfortunately, likewise Mulgrew cant take Bittons place now. Good to see the competition.
    Onwards and upwards lads, was great to see attacking footaball played in europe, Deila sure has some balls.
    I'm thinking same team, same formation except let guidetti start next week, just looks more dangerous under pressure (lacks that pace though)

It's a long time since I cared what EPL fans think. All I know is that whenever we get decent results in Europe they come to buy our players. If we keep progressing they'll start to take an interest in Ronny as well. I was delighted that we kept coming back even though we were dealt several blows. Usually when we concede early in Europe we end up losing. Looking forward to the 2nd leg in the San Siro, we've got a live chance of winning this tie.

Edit:

BTW if it wasn't for your man Callaway and his gif, I'm not sure the thread would've got going at all:pac:. Should be busier for the 2nd Leg next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Far cry from the Celtic and Inter in the past. I watched the first half. Two tragic teams. Spurs/Fiorentina was the match for tonight.

Any chance you'd explain the 'tragic' comment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

...but if you had watched you would have seen a very entertaining and exciting game.

• Advertisement

kieran--f wrote: »
    I aint been posting here because talkceltic is better for celtic chat without any condescending epl fans but I might start,
    the bt reporters especially making fun of celtic last night wasnt on, they were laughing at the players staying on the pitch to interact with the fans after the game even though it was a draw. Well if Liverpool or Spurs had fought back from 2-0 down with the entire stadium willing them on and then showed their appreciation to the fans after that they all would of had a wankfest in the studio.
    Anyway to the game,
    I can forgive Gordon because he got us there
    Matthews had his best game of the season. VVD and Denayer were ok.. some people say VVD is as good as Wanyama but he really isn't, he just dosent look half as solid in europe as he does in the spl, Still a great player though. Izzy was meh, we need competition for his position hopefully mulgrew back might offer that.
    Brown was good and Bitton was man of the match, really becoming a player.
    Armstrong and GMS were great again, delighted with these signings, Johansen wasnt his best but still worked his socks off, as did the thumb up front, taking the defenders away from armstrong on the first goal.
    Was raging when henderson came on but the assist he made was great, hopefully more to see from him
    Well done Guidetti, heard hes staying late a training these days to make an impact, hopefully thats him getting his head in the game now.
    With these players plus Commons, forrest and Scep I can't see Stokes working his way back into the team unfortunately, likewise Mulgrew cant take Bittons place now. Good to see the competition.
    Onwards and upwards lads, was great to see attacking footaball played in europe, Deila sure has some balls.
    I'm thinking same team, same formation except let guidetti start next week, just looks more dangerous under pressure (lacks that pace though)

Celtic players and management seem to stay on the field win lose or draw no matter what competition is being played this season. Its not a once off for this result. BT reporters wouldnt know that because they cant get their heads out of their arses for more than 5 seconds.

Advertisement