Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time Masters work load question?

Options
  • 19-02-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has experience doing these courses part time? I'm wondering what the work load is, are there fewer lectures? Does one just sit in on normal scheduled lectures? Essentially, what's the difference between doing these part time or full time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Depends on the discipline really. I'm doing history and you only have 4 hours lectures per week while most of it is independent learning in terms of thesis writing. Cant imagine doing it partime but again it depends on the discipline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I did my masters part-time (not in UCD), and we had one full day of lectures a week over two years, while the full-timers had one full day and two half days over one year. I was working full-time so did college work in the evenings and at weekends. Some part-time courses will have lectures in the evenings, it just depends on the course. You can usually find the timetables for both full and part-time students online.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Garathon

Thanks that's good to know. The course I'm looking at doesn't give a timetable, it's a bit of a complicated one, but I'll look into it and see what the time commitments are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

You could email the course director/administrator, they're always happy to speak to prospective students and should be able to help you out :)

Advertisement