Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Crash Question

Options
  • 19-02-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife was in a crash, tapped into the back of someone. Not much damage just a tiny dent however your one is claiming. My wife just told me that she told her new insurance company from last year that she has never had an accident in the last 5 years however she did 4 years ago as she completely forgot..

Is her insurance now void? Will we be left with the bill now.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Did she not have to provide a no claims bonus that would have shown the claim? Unlikely to not pay out the third party claim, they have to deal with it as insurer concerned. They may however choose to void your policy and pursue you for the outlay. It depends whether they would have accepted her had she only had 4 year claims free as opposed to five. If they would have accepted her on this basis they will probably just look to charge you an additional premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

They are absolutely within their rights to make a claim. How much are they claiming for? It might be cheaper to settle directly with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

Thanks for the feedback guys, lieterally there is not even a scratch on her car but a tiny dent on the woman car who she hit, so were not claiming anything but the girl she hit is looking for a personal injuries claim. As long as we don't have to pay that I don't mind back dating the premium for the one years no claim.

Advertisement