Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

1123heavy wrote: »
    It appears nobody has a credible response to the truths that I stated earlier, I can therefore conclude that you all know what I said is the truth. I just don't understand why you all insist on engaging in such obscene behaviour when you are all fully aware of the consequences.

Wheres your scientific evidence?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You're going around in circles (again might I add). I stated that the whole point of this thread is for discussion, which it is. I have engaged in thorough discussion ever since I opened this account, in all threads but those relating to homosexuals and trans, simply because as I seek to engage in discussion, you people simply put up a barrier of abuse and refuse to engage in a debate. When I stated my theory, none of you engaged in intelligent debate in order to discuss, rather you tried to mock it using one liners (poor ones at that). I can only take this lack of response as you all conceding defeat and therefore agreeing to what I said, seeing as though you have nothing else to say to it.

So no, I haven't gone back on what I said at any stage.

Where is your scientific evidence?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

And it has to be said, nobody has yet given a clear reading of what Il Papa meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Where is your scientific evidence?

Ah tone it down a bit now Joey, you know yourself, Luffy will have found the treasure before you'll get any 'evidence' from them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ladies and Gentlemen, stay cool :cool:

A man wearing a white frock compares transgendered people to nuclear weapons !!!:rolleyes:

Tbf he obviously has a sense of humour, or he is being quoted out of context??

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

This coming from an elderly virgin in a frock.

The man holds a degree in chemistry,theology and taught both literature and psychology at university levels.So I'd wager he is a damn sight more qualified than you buddy.

Links234 wrote: »
    I...

I got nothin'! :confused:

This is why I tend not to even bother engaging fran in a discussion, I should've known better.

I agree Links.To engage in discussion one must both ask AND answer questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

fran17 wrote: »
    The man holds a degree in chemistry,theology and taught both literature and psychology at university levels.So I'd wager he is a damn sight more qualified than you buddy.

This is boards. Aint no-one as smart as a keyboard warrior, pc atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A question for any Christians here: do you love transgender people, as Jesus demands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭1123heavy

A question for any Christians here: do you love transgender people, as Jesus demands?

Anybody of any good faith will have issues with it. It is vile and one of the things that all good people will unite to fight against.

MOD: User banned for continually ignoring mod instuction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Anybody of any good faith will have issues with it. It is vile and one of the things that all good people will unite to fight against.

If you people put half the effort into helping the poor or something your God talked about you might actually achieve some good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Why do you think gender modification is vile?

And again, do you love everyone, as Jesus insisted you must?
    Yes or no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ladies and Gentlemen, stay cool :cool:

A man wearing a white frock compares transgendered people to nuclear weapons !!!:rolleyes:

Tbf he obviously has a sense of humour, or he is being quoted out of context??

:)

Sort of out of context

My take on it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94364766&postcount=33

If you people put half the effort into helping the poor or something your God talked about you might actually achieve some good.

Do tell me how you have come to the conclusion that I don't ?

EDIT: He's also your God too, whether you like it or not he made you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Except the scientific method doesn't include ignoring all existing research and pointing out a guys credentials as proof.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

He's speaking as the representative of God, is he not?
    Not when he's speaking to journalists he isn't.

The doctrine of infallibility has a tight, limited application. Roman Catholicism holds the Pope out as a pastor, and not typically as one who can speak for God.

In fact Pope Francis has quoted one of his predecessors by saying "I am only infallible if I speak ex cathedra, but I shall never do that, so I am not infallible.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

All you do is hate people. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and yet here you are, acting as if you arent sinful.

No he didnt, I have no god. What happened was mammy and daddy loved each other very much and then theres some biology stuff for 9 months and eventually I was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

My god could beat up your god. Now what?

All you do is hate people. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and yet here you are, acting as if you arent sinful.

No he didnt, I have no god. What happened was mammy and daddy loved each other very much and then theres some biology stuff for 9 months and eventually I was born.

Considering this is an anonymous discussion forum, I'm interested in knowing how you believe all I do is "hate people" !?!?

I could be here all night talking to you about how illogical atheism is but I don't think you have the capacity to cope with the info. Keep it the way you want, we (along with the entire universe) magically appeared out of nothing, I often wonder if atheists believe this only because they can't be bothered to do some proper research and have a bit of guidance in their lives, rather believe you can do whatever you want as we seem to have come from nothing ... let me know how that works out for you ...

My god could beat up your god. Now what?

You haven't understood the concept of God, there is one God. All the monotheistic religions believe in the existence of the same God and there is ample amount of evidence for his existence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Considering this is an anonymous discussion forum, I'm interested in knowing how you believe all I do is "hate people" !?!?

I could be here all night talking to you about how illogical atheism is but I don't think you have the capacity to cope with the info. Keep it the way you want, we (along with the entire universe) magically appeared out of nothing, I often wonder if atheists believe this only because they can't be bothered to do some proper research and have a bit of guidance in their lives, rather believe you can do whatever you want as we seem to have come from nothing ... let me know how that works out for you ...

It always comes back to the atheists. I happen to know quite a few devout Catholics who would never dream of speaking about a transgender person the way you did on this thread. Because unlike you they embody the true meaning of the Christian faith, they believe in loving their fellow human despite their flaws and they don't judge people for not having the same beliefs they do. They are lovely people to be around, you should try it sometimes, you might learn a bit of decent humanity. People like you used to make me embarrassed to be a Christian.

eviltwin wrote: »
    That idiot really needs to keep his pie hole closed. And the media really need to stop reporting his crap and start treating him the way they would any other fruitcake.
    It always comes back to the atheists. I happen to know quite a few devout Catholics who would never dream of speaking about a transgender person the way you did on this thread. Because unlike you they embody the true meaning of the Christian faith, they believe in loving their fellow human despite their flaws and they don't judge people for not having the same beliefs they do. They are lovely people to be around, you should try it sometimes, you might learn a bit of decent humanity. People like you used to make me embarrassed to be a Christian.

Remind us again about loving your fellow human being despite their flaws and not judging people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

It is vile and one of the things that all good people will unite to fight against.

Unfortunate words on the AH forum, stranger.

Links is one of us.

You 'ain't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Remind us again about loving your fellow human being despite their flaws and not judging people...

Neither yours or Heavy's language is non judgemental........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't judge him. I don't agree with anything he says and I think his opinions are sh!t but I would be friendly and talk to the man if I ever met him, I wouldn't shun him or avoid him simply because he believes things I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Cba reading the whole thing, OK God's design if you believe in it. Man is part of it, Man has created technology. It is still all part of the plan Or do the believers think Man is more powerful than God and can overrule the design in progress.... To the believers We are in the system we cannot change it from the inside. Again if you believe. So again what ever happens is all part of that plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Unfortunate words on the AH forum, stranger.

Links is one of us.

You 'ain't.

Oh wow, well that's kinda heartening :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

You're accusing me of untruths? After you've been so blatantly caught out yourself? The sheer NERV of some people! Even Gendo Ikari would find your ethics questionable.

As to your question, you got your answer. Or about as close to an answer as is possible, because your question is utterly dishonest in the first place. There's no "Veto" because that's not how things work, parents have to consent on behalf of minors for all medical treatment.
    Ah tone it down a bit now Joey, you know yourself, Luffy will have found the treasure before you'll get any 'evidence' from them ;)

I see what you did there :p

I don't judge him. I don't agree with anything he says and I think his opinions are sh!t but I would be friendly and talk to the man if I ever met him, I wouldn't shun him or avoid him simply because he believes things I don't.

Right....And this conversation never happened ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

You haven't understood the concept of God, there is one God. All the monotheistic religions believe in the existence of the same God and there is ample amount of evidence for his existence.

You think your puny human brain understands the concept of god?

Must be a **** god if it can be grasped by a mere mortal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement