Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

1123heavy wrote: »
    What has this world come to.

I know, what's the world come to when people can just live their lives, and not face (as much) abuse and criminalization? Oh dear, we can't simply lock up people who are different any more, woe oh woe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

MGMMay2nd wrote: »
    Why is this even noteworthy, he's supposed to believe this sort of crap, just read the bible . He wouldn't be a very good Pope if he didn'the believe in the nonsense in the bible

Fairly sure the Bible doesn't weigh in on "gender theory", though what he means by gender theory is as of yet unexplained.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What has this world come to.

That depends on your sexual orientation, I guess.
    Personally, I come to ladies. My gay brother most likely doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Links234 wrote: »

Yeah, people keep saying to me to do an AMA, and I may do it if I feel up to it. And I don't mean "if I feel up to it" in a oh well, if I'm bothered kinda way, it's just that these kind of threads can seriously get to me sometimes.

I hope you do it as I've learned a lot about trans from your good self last year on the Kellie Maloney thread and would be great to have a dedicated place to help enlighten people who otherwise may be ignorant to someone's everyday experiences and way of life.
    And you're asking if a woman dating a woman is gay? Yeah, they'd be gay ;)

Of course. I have a gay sibling myself and he likes boys obviously! I guess I just always thought/assumed that if a person were to transition that it would be a straight swap (no pun intended) and they'd like the opposite sex but then the more I think of that, the more I realise that gender and sexuality are two completely different things. Again, that's obvious to me when I say it aloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Have you got links to that? I'm not aware of any doctor operating on a three year old.
    Well if you told us what you were talking about we wouldnt be jumping to conclusions.
    Seems fair to me too. I assumed Fran you were talking about sex reassignment surgery on 3 year olds.
    As others have said, you quite heavily implied it. As for being refered to a clinic for assessement, that's quite a different thing entirely. Eg, they'd likely be speaking to a psychologist with a background in that field. You know, like if someone was suffering from depression, they might speak to someone who's expertise is in depression. Your way of twisting something and being alarmist about it is quite amazing, have you considered writing for Alive?

Yeah, people keep saying to me to do an AMA, and I may do it if I feel up to it. And I don't mean "if I feel up to it" in a oh well, if I'm bothered kinda way, it's just that these kind of threads can seriously get to me sometimes.

And you're asking if a woman dating a woman is gay? Yeah, they'd be gay ;)

I don't know what society should be more afraid off.The fact that you both jumped to the ill founded conclusion that a 3yr old child could have been subjected to such an abomination or that you both were not shocked and requested links to both of your misguided assumptions.

Now I'm probably wasting my time in asking a question and expecting to receive an answer but God loves a trier so here goes.In relation to a prepubescent minor do you both accept that a parents decision regarding there child,in a matter such as this,should veto all other courses of action?

• Advertisement

fran17 wrote: »
    I don't know what society should be more afraid off.The fact that you both jumped to the ill founded conclusion that a 3yr old child could have been subjected to such an abomination or that you both were not shocked and requested links to both of your misguided assumptions.

Where did they get that idea Fran? O wait -
    Fran17 wrote:
    Don't know if you are aware,but there is cases of children as young as 3yrs
    old being subjected to the torture of sex change treatment by quacks in London.I use the term quacks as to call them doctors would be inappropriate.

Why did you make up such a lie Fran?

By Oden's raven, is disingenous your middle name? Neither of us jumped to any such conclusion, you were the one who said something about sex changes for 3 year olds, I said that this plainly wasn't true and then you backpedaled and said that oh no you weren't talking about a sex change. Joey asked you for a link or some source of whatever the **** it is you were talking about, and honestly? I don't think anyone is any the wiser when you're using such utter hyperbole as "subjected to torturous treatment/abomination/abhorrent practices" so maybe done down the fire & brimstone and talk properly.
    Now I'm probably wasting my time in asking a question and expecting to receive an answer but God loves a trier so here goes.In relation to a prepubescent minor do you both accept that a parents decision regarding there child,in a matter such as this,should veto all other courses of action?

Parental consent for a minor is needed for all medical treatment, is it not? Here you are, implying something yet again, you're utterly impossible to have any kind of discussion with because of all these kind of dishonest tactics you use, it's mind-numbing and frustrating. I mean seriously, what the ruddy feck do you expect me to say, "NO! For it is the will of Stein's Gate!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thats an impressively underhanded and deceptive and nasty attempt to smear Fran.

But No.

No you wont get away with a nasty smear attempt like that.

Of course it would be disgusting and barbaric if three year olds were given sex change operations. That was why I asked for proof of your assertions.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

By Oden's raven, is disingenous your middle name? Neither of us jumped to any such conclusion, you were the one who said something about sex changes for 3 year olds, I said that this plainly wasn't true and then you backpedaled and said that oh no you weren't talking about a sex change. Joey asked you for a link or some source of whatever the **** it is you were talking about, and honestly? I don't think anyone is any the wiser when you're using such utter hyperbole as "subjected to torturous treatment/abomination/abhorrent practices" so maybe done down the fire & brimstone and talk properly.

Parental consent for a minor is needed for all medical treatment, is it not? Here you are, implying something yet again, you're utterly impossible to have any kind of discussion with because of all these kind of dishonest tactics you use, it's mind-numbing and frustrating. I mean seriously, what the ruddy feck do you expect me to say, "NO! For it is the will of Stein's Gate!"?
    Nice reference :D

Meesared wrote: »
    Nice reference :D

Best thing ever, so many feels were felt, I was in tears at numerous points, laughing at other points... Incredible show, the story just stuck with me. So yeah, I'll shoe-horn in a reference in wherever I can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I think Boards need to do something about such poisonous activity being advertised on the open forums for all and sundry to see. What if there is some sorry soul out there who is going through some tough times and has somehow found themselves here, seeing all of you talk about it as though it's as normal as making a sandwich. They may very well end asking themselves questions about whether they are actually the opposite sex if they have bought into the tripe of being "born into the wrong body". Is this what you people want for our society,absolute mayhem ? Our daughters and wives going into the women's toilets and being confronted by men claiming to actually be women ? What planet are you lot on !?! We'd have nobody left on this particular planet the way things are going, never mind eggs, we'll be freezing humans before the next century.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I think Boards need to do something about such poisonous activity being advertised on the open forums for all and sundry to see. What if there is some sorry soul out there who is going through some tough times and has somehow found themselves here, seeing all of you talk about it as though it's as normal as making a sandwich. They may very well end asking themselves questions about whether they are actually the opposite sex if they have bought into the tripe of being "born into the wrong body". Is this what you people want for our society,absolute mayhem ? Our daughters and wives going into the women's toilets and being confronted by men claiming to actually be women ? What planet are you lot on !?! We'd have nobody left on this particular planet the way things are going, never mind eggs, we'll be freezing humans before the next century.

Won't someone think of the children?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

You implied it was a sex change operation so yep, you refused to provide us links to what you were claiming. You appear to view it as abhorrent to go to a psychologist. Psychologists are highly beneficial however much you wish to view psychology as horrifying..... In future though, you should provide links to what you're doing before rushing to misrepresent.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

And again

Where is your scientific evidence of danger?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You are free to stop posting any time you want. Careful, you look like you are trying to show some sign of caring for another human beings, that wouldnt be in your morality though.

You are free to stop posting any time you want. Careful, you look like you are trying to show some sign of caring for another human beings, that wouldnt be in your morality though.

And who the hell are you to talk to me about morality :confused:

Similarly, who are you to talk to us about morality?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Yes. This is definitely going to become a huge trend, fuelled by sexually voracious males looking for new and different ways to terrorise "our" daughters and wives.

What's tinfoil hat when it pertains to LGBT? Tinfoil knickers?

I think maybe you have tinfoil knickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

It would be easier to take you seriously if you werent going on about morality earlier. Who are you to talk to anyone about morality? But considering your ventures to AH tend to be to give out about some form of LBGT people until you get banned taking you seriously was never going to happen regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The only thing nuclear weapons have in common with transgender people is that they're best kept out of the hands of the Russians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I think you need to step away from the keyboard and do a bit of research and educate yourself on the matter before you go commenting.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I think you need to step away from the keyboard and do a bit of research and educate yourself on the matter before you go commenting.

And who said you're educated on the matter ? It's astonishing how people on here automatically seem to establish who is right and wrong about this matter, this is a discussion forum where things are to be discussed.

And who said you're educated on the matter ? It's astonishing how people on here automatically seem to establish who is right and wrong about this matter, this is a discussion forum where things are to be discussed.

You might want to read through your posts thus far on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

gotta laugh at Pope Frannie, I wonder has his PR guy quit in the last while. I forget his name but he had big credentials and pretty much conned the world into believing we had a progrssive Pope. The mask has horribly slipped in the last 5 weeks which makes me think that there's stuff going on in the background that we dont yet know of.

Time will tell but in the meantime he's lost some serious credibility in the last few weeks and its all of his own making.

that phrase comes to mind -'better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt'

Pretty much sums up 2015 thus far for Pope Franny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Minjor wrote: »
    "Specifically, he compares transgender people to nuclear arms, and says that gender theory does not recognize the order of God’s creation. He goes a step further, saying that God has placed man and woman at the top of creation, saying that this is the design of the creator. He also says that if we do not recognize that order destruction will follow."

http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-francis-compares-transgendered-people-to-nuclear-weapons

This guy was being praised from all corners after getting the papacy, turns out it's just a case of same old, same old and another bigot.

Wheres the nuclear weapons quote about transgendered people ?

.....There isn't one. Made up bs by cultural marxists.#

Heres what he said :""Let's think of the nuclear arms, of the possibility to annihilate in a few instants a very high number of human beings," he continues. "Let's think also of genetic manipulation, of the manipulation of life, or of the gender theory, that does not recognize the order of creation."

....Hes simply asking people to consider things he regards as destructive to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I've read some of your posts on same-sex marriage too.

To quote old Willie S., ' The lady doth protest too much, methinks'.

What if there is some sorry soul out there who is going through some tough times and has somehow found themselves here, seeing all of you talk about it as though it's as normal as making a sandwich. They may very well end asking themselves questions about whether they are actually the opposite sex if they have bought into the tripe of being "born into the wrong body". Is this what you people want for our society,absolute mayhem ?

Let me get this straight, you're worried that someone might come along, read that transgender people exist, and this very whiff of knowledge suddenly and unexpectantly warps their sexual identification and gender identity completely!? That someone just learns of trans people and goes "OMG, I MUST JOIN THEIR RANKS!"?

You see, I go around recruiting people. I go "Do you wanna make a contract with me and become a mahou shoujo transgender person?" Yup, that's it. That's how it works. Can't possibly be that people are just born this way, like all that scientific evidence says. Nope, too easy an explanation. :)

Let me get this straight, you're worried that someone might come along, read that transgender people exist, and this very whiff of knowledge suddenly and unexpectantly warps their sexual identification and gender identity completely!? That someone just learns of trans people and goes "OMG, I MUST JOIN THEIR RANKS!"?

*snip youtube*

You see, I go around recruiting people. I go "Do you wanna make a contract with me and become a mahou shoujo transgender person?" Yup, that's it. That's how it works. Can't possibly be that people are just born this way, like all that scientific evidence says. Nope, too easy an explanation. :)
    Seriously loving your references today! xD

Madoka Magica FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

"You can't hug your children with nuclear arms, dude"

just popped into my mind. anyone know who said it?

found it. :)

http://youtu.be/c7QhpJ3DWDA

• Advertisement

Meesared wrote: »
    Seriously loving your references today! xD

Wha?! I'm not making any references...
    Ok, maybe I am, but I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret. ;)

The funny thing is, Heavy was going on like "Oh if we even talk about this, people will be in such danger, oh noes!" Well then, why are you fecking talking about it? I really don't enjoy coming along and countering every piece of nonsense that gets posted on here, there's a hell of a lot of other things I'd rather be chatting about on boards, I'm just childish and I hate to lose. But this is seriously gibbering conspiracy theory level talk here, transgender people really are just like regular people, we're not trying to reign over a new world or something. I'm as average as the next person, I'll take a potato chip and I'll eat it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement