Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Links234 wrote: »
    Wha?! I'm not making any references...
    Ok, maybe I am, but I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret. ;)

The funny thing is, Heavy was going on like "Oh if we even talk about this, people will be in such danger, oh noes!" Well then, why are you fecking talking about it? I really don't enjoy coming along and countering every piece of nonsense that gets posted on here, there's a hell of a lot of other things I'd rather be chatting about on boards, I'm just childish and I hate to lose. But this is seriously gibbering conspiracy theory level talk here, transgender people really are just like regular people, we're not trying to reign over a new world or something. I'm as average as the next person, I'll take a potato chip and I'll eat it.
    Shhhhhh! Thats just what we want them to think! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Wha?! I'm not making any references...
    Ok, maybe I am, but I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret. ;)

The funny thing is, Heavy was going on like "Oh if we even talk about this, people will be in such danger, oh noes!" Well then, why are you fecking talking about it? I really don't enjoy coming along and countering every piece of nonsense that gets posted on here, there's a hell of a lot of other things I'd rather be chatting about on boards, I'm just childish and I hate to lose. But this is seriously gibbering conspiracy theory level talk here, transgender people really are just like regular people, we're not trying to reign over a new world or something. I'm as average as the next person, I'll take a potato chip and I'll eat it.
    Well the best approach to 'seriously gibbering conspiracy theory level talk' is rational reasoning. Like yer man Nye with the Creationists. Nice, reasonable talk. It always works. - that's why there are so few nutters today compared to say....last year. Or last Tuesday. Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

By Oden's raven, is disingenous your middle name? Neither of us jumped to any such conclusion, you were the one who said something about sex changes for 3 year olds, I said that this plainly wasn't true and then you backpedaled and said that oh no you weren't talking about a sex change. Joey asked you for a link or some source of whatever the **** it is you were talking about, and honestly? I don't think anyone is any the wiser when you're using such utter hyperbole as "subjected to torturous treatment/abomination/abhorrent practices" so maybe done down the fire & brimstone and talk properly.

Parental consent for a minor is needed for all medical treatment, is it not? Here you are, implying something yet again, you're utterly impossible to have any kind of discussion with because of all these kind of dishonest tactics you use, it's mind-numbing and frustrating. I mean seriously, what the ruddy feck do you expect me to say, "NO! For it is the will of Stein's Gate!"?

Why do you attempt to besmirch my with untruths constantly."Disingenuous"...Have you read the title of this thread?

In the words of Joey himself,"Well if you told us what you were talking about we wouldn't be jumping to conclusions" But your adamant nobody jumped to conclusions so ok.You didn't actually give me an answer to my question so do you accept that a parents decision regarding there prepubescent child should veto any other courses of action that may be available? If your still frustrated then yes/no will suffice but if you wish to expand on the yes/no I would look forward to it.

Thats an impressively underhanded and deceptive and nasty attempt to smear Fran.

But No.

No you wont get away with a nasty smear attempt like that.

Of course it would be disgusting and barbaric if three year olds were given sex change operations. That was why I asked for proof of your assertions.

I merely responded to your jump to conclusion Joey.Go easy on the superlatives,i'm not a super villain.
    You didn't give me an answer either Joey so do you accept that a parents decision regarding there prepubescent child should veto any other course of action that may be available?If your also frustrated then a yes/no answer will suffice but if you wish to expand on the yes/no then I look forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I'm not sure I understand the Pope's argument? He is basically saying that God created everyone 'as they should be' and a Man trying to be a Woman or vice-versa is wrong, because it goes against God?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

1123heavy wrote: »
    And who said you're educated on the matter ? It's astonishing how people on here automatically seem to establish who is right and wrong about this matter, this is a discussion forum where things are to be discussed.

Wheres your scientific evidence of danger?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

fran17 wrote: »
    i'm not a super villain.

No but you tried to smear myself and Links as supporting barbaric treatment of 3 year olds. I'm merely responding to that nasty smear.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I merely responded to your jump to conclusion Joey.Go easy on the superlatives,i'm not a super villain.
    You didn't give me an answer either Joey so do you accept that a parents decision regarding there prepubescent child should veto any other course of action that may be available?If your also frustrated then a yes/no answer will suffice but if you wish to expand on the yes/no then I look forward to it.

You lied Fran. It's there for all to see.

Nodin wrote: »
    You lied Fran. It's there for all to see.

I did not lie in anyway,i used the term treatment in referring to a 3yr old child being admitted to a private clinic,which treats all forms of GID,and psychoanalysed in relation to a possible GID.How can I be responsible for peoples assumptions or conclusions?Which they made before requesting further information.
    I never had your good self marked as one of the emperors new clothes brigade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

You misdirected with the wording you used, we asked for evidence and you got outraged. Anyone who wished to clearly represent would have included their source....

• Advertisement

I did not lie in anyway,i used the term treatment in referring to a 3yr old child being admitted to a private clinic,which treats all forms of GID,and psychoanalysed in relation to a possible GID.How can I be responsible for peoples assumptions or conclusions?Which they made before requesting further information.
    I never had your good self marked as one of the emperors new clothes brigade...

This is what you said.....
    Don't know if you are aware,but there is cases of children as young as 3yrs old being subjected to the torture of sex change treatment by quacks in London.I use the term quacks as to call them doctors would be inappropriate.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94385218&postcount=188

Pull the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭1123heavy

That's it, the case is out, you are all diverting the thread to a rather petty argument as you all appear to know how ludicrous and dangerous transsexuality is but are sticking up for it for the sake of being "good" (in your sense of the word), hell will be the final abode for this. God has made everything in this planet, including yourselves, he has made some male and some female, saying that there has been a mistake is nothing but pure evil. Will you just come to your senses ? God loves us all, but continue to deny he exists and break his laws and you will be very sorry.
    The government need to act ... I won't hold my breath though as you people are doing nothing but growing and all they want are your votes.

That's it, the case is out, you are all diverting the thread to a rather petty argument as you all appear to know how ludicrous and dangerous transsexuality is but are sticking up for it for the sake of being "good" (in your sense of the word), hell will be the final abode for this. God has made everything in this planet, including yourselves, he has made some male and some female, saying that there has been a mistake is nothing but pure evil. Will you just come to your senses ? God loves us all, but continue to deny he exists and break his laws and you will be very sorry.
    The government need to act ... I won't hold my breath though as you people are doing nothing but growing and all they want are your votes.

*cough cough
    1123heavy wrote:
    And who said you're educated on the matter ? It's astonishing how people on here automatically seem to establish who is right and wrong about this matter, this is a discussion forum where things are to be discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Why do you attempt to besmirch my with untruths constantly."Disingenuous"...Have you read the title of this thread?

In the words of Joey himself,"Well if you told us what you were talking about we wouldn't be jumping to conclusions" But your adamant nobody jumped to conclusions so ok.You didn't actually give me an answer to my question so do you accept that a parents decision regarding there prepubescent child should veto any other courses of action that may be available? If your still frustrated then yes/no will suffice but if you wish to expand on the yes/no I would look forward to it.

You're accusing me of untruths? After you've been so blatantly caught out yourself? The sheer NERV of some people! Even Gendo Ikari would find your ethics questionable.

As to your question, you got your answer. Or about as close to an answer as is possible, because your question is utterly dishonest in the first place. There's no "Veto" because that's not how things work, parents have to consent on behalf of minors for all medical treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yeah, we're all Christians after all.

No but you tried to smear myself and Links as supporting barbaric treatment of 3 year olds. I'm merely responding to that nasty smear.
    You're accusing me of untruths? After you've been so blatantly caught out yourself? The sheer NERV of some people! Even Gendo Ikari would find your ethics questionable.

As to your question, you got your answer. Or about as close to an answer as is possible, because your question is utterly dishonest in the first place. There's no "Veto" because that's not how things work, parents have to consent on behalf of minors for all medical treatment.

No Joey,just no.I never accused anybody of supporting anything and no matter how hard you try you cannot come to that conclusion through reviewing the posts,not honestly anyhow.

I don't know how you can,in the spirit of debate,conclude that I'm guilty because of your assumptions Links.You remind me of the guy who murdered both parents with an axe and then based his whole legal defence on him being an orphan.I don't know who Gendo Ikari is but I had an Atari once,the 2600,good times...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

This coming from an elderly virgin in a frock.

You remind me of the guy who murdered both parents with an axe and then based his whole legal defence on him being an orphan.

I...

I got nothin'! :confused:

This is why I tend not to even bother engaging fran in a discussion, I should've known better.

I...

I got nothin'! :confused:

This is why I tend not to even bother engaging fran in a discussion, I should've known better.

Maybe best to leave Fran to his own devices in future... Not exactly capable of debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I'm presuming there's nothing to be said for having another mass?

• Advertisement

It appears nobody has a credible response to the truths that I stated earlier, I can therefore conclude that you all know what I said is the truth. I just don't understand why you all insist on engaging in such obscene behaviour when you are all fully aware of the consequences.

It appears nobody has a credible response to the truths that I stated earlier, I can therefore conclude that you all know what I said is the truth. I just don't understand why you all insist on engaging in such obscene behaviour when you are all fully aware of the consequences.

Because god did it is stating your beliefs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

PF needs to cop on and realise this is 2015!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

As a priest, I commend your following of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

There was this guy earlier - you may know him....

"And who said you're educated on the matter ? It's astonishing how people on here automatically seem to establish who is right and wrong about this matter, this is a discussion forum where things are to be discussed."

Nodin wrote: »
    There was this guy earlier - you may know him....

"And who said you're educated on the matter ? It's astonishing how people on here automatically seem to establish who is right and wrong about this matter, this is a discussion forum where things are to be discussed."

You're going around in circles (again might I add). I stated that the whole point of this thread is for discussion, which it is. I have engaged in thorough discussion ever since I opened this account, in all threads but those relating to homosexuals and trans, simply because as I seek to engage in discussion, you people simply put up a barrier of abuse and refuse to engage in a debate. When I stated my theory, none of you engaged in intelligent debate in order to discuss, rather you tried to mock it using one liners (poor ones at that). I can only take this lack of response as you all conceding defeat and therefore agreeing to what I said, seeing as though you have nothing else to say to it.

So no, I haven't gone back on what I said at any stage.

What "truths" would these be?

Look, the scientific evidence keeps coming in, and the ship has pretty much sailed on the subject. Transsexual gene link identified, transsexual differences caught on brain scan, and there are loads more studies like these that are all showing the biological nature of transsexuality. We no longer classify it as a mental illness like we once did. And seriously, transgender people are just normal, average people.

You're going around in circles (again might I add). I stated that the whole point of this thread is for discussion, which it is. I have engaged in thorough discussion ever since I opened this account, in all threads but those relating to homosexuals and trans, simply because as I seek to engage in discussion, you people simply put up a barrier of abuse and refuse to engage in a debate. When I stated my theory, none of you engaged in intelligent debate in order to discuss, rather you tried to mock it using one liners (poor ones at that). I can only take this lack of response as you all conceding defeat and therefore agreeing to what I said, seeing as though you have nothing else to say to it.

So no, I haven't gone back on what I said at any stage.

'Yez are wrong and are gonta burn' is a discussion now?

"God has made everything in this planet, including yourselves, he has made some male and some female, saying that there has been a mistake is nothing but pure evil. Will you just come to your senses ? God loves us all, but continue to deny he exists and break his laws and you will be very sorry."

....not to mention the fact that above ignores the existence of people born with features of both genders.

Wheres the scientific evidence you were talking about?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

There is no credible response to the utter nonsense you posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement