Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Guardian - read it and have a laugh!

Options
  • 20-02-2015 12:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

http://gu.com/p/46x94

A totally bizarre opinion piece on e cigs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I was gonna post this earlier. It's insane. Near unanimous decision BTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I like this the best:

"Lobbyists have been queuing up for a few years now to push the idea that e-cigs are somehow safer than normal cigarettes. One of the most dangerous aspects of your typical, run-of-the-mill cigarette is the tar-filled smoke you’re inhaling with each puff. That tar may contain up to 7,000 different toxins, which are otherwise found in everything from rat poison to nail polish. E-cigs, on the other hand, produce a light, tar-free vapour. But this doesn’t necessarily make them any safer."

We really are rolling the dice without those 7000 toxins.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

"It's not really same nicotine as the stuff found in tobacco leaf."

*pause*

"Nicotine is nicotine."

Amazing how you can get stuff like that published in serious newspapers. I know it's an opinion piece but still. His first article for the Guardian too. The cynic in me suspects that he's intentionally trolling to get people to Google his name and click his blog.

Advertisement