Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Charge from Eircom for 7.78 but i don't have an account with Eircom.

Options
  • 20-02-2015 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

How has Eircom charged me 7.78 on my bank account when i personally do not have an account with eircom? The home bill is in my mothers name and is paid through the post office. How can eircom legally take money from my account without my permission even though i'm not even a customer. 

A swift reply would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You should remove your account number. How did Eircom access your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

dub45 wrote: »
    You should remove your account number. How did Eircom access your account?

I have zero idea how they got my details. My mum has always paid through the post office. She has never had a direct debit or paid by card. I have never been an Eircom customer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What does the entry on the account say?

TheChizler wrote: »
    What does the entry on the account say?

POS Eircom Ltd Dublin IE

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

POS - point of sale, more likely a purchase with a debit card. Did you buy anything in one of their shops? Is there a date beside the entry?

• Advertisement

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    POS - point of sale, more likely a purchase with a debit card. Did you buy anything in one of their shops? Is there a date beside the entry?

Yes. 16th but I didn't leave the house because of pain for 4 days. I didn't buy anything on line apart from a takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Yes. 16th but I didn't leave the house because of pain for 4 days. I didn't buy anything on line apart from a takeaway.

I'd query it with your bank. They'll be able to pinpoint when/where/what happened. As the 16th was a Monday, it could have happened anytime over the weekend, in a shop or online etc.

Glenn Coco wrote: »

I'd query it with your bank. They'll be able to pinpoint when/where/what happened. As the 16th was a Monday, it could have happened anytime over the weekend, in a shop or online etc.
    Or even the previous week if the store was slow to process the transactions. Bear in mind Eircom in this instance could possibly be eMobile or at a stretch Meteor. Actually, are you by any chance renting a phone from Eircom? Normally that would be in the bill though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

How has Eircom charged me 7.78 on my bank account when i personally do not have an account with eircom? The home bill is in my mothers name and is paid through the post office. How can eircom legally take money from my account without my permission even though i'm not even a customer.

Hi livemusic4life
    that is obviously wrong.. Can you PM me a/c details and best contact number and we will have this investigated and be back to you.
    Both posts above are correct, POS is point of sale and you should also query with your bank for more information.
    Tony

Hi livemusic4life
    that is obviously wrong.. Can you PM me a/c details and best contact number and we will have this investigated and be back to you.
    Both posts above are correct, POS is point of sale and you should also query with your bank for more information.
    Tony
    PM sent.

It is clearly a cock up as my poor mum is now on direct debit without her knowledge. I didn't realise until i checked her bill on line and saw the amount was the same :7.78 and it said, you are now on direct debit. How does eircom have the right to take money from my account direct debit without a direct debit mandate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi livemusic4life
    Tony
    PM sent.

It is clearly a cock up as my poor mum is now on direct debit without her knowledge. I didn't realise until i checked her bill on line and saw the amount was the same :7.78 and it said, you are now on direct debit. How does eircom have the right to take money from my account direct debit without a direct debit mandate?
    Hi livemusic4life

Direct debit details can be provided over a call and just recently eircom no longer will post out direct bebit mandates meaning that the details must be provided over a call or online.

Can you confirm if both your mums bank account and your own bank account have been affected?

Please Also PM your mums eircom account number.

Thanks
    Al

Hi livemusic4life
    Tony
    PM sent.

Hi livemusic4life

Direct debit details can be provided over a call and just recently eircom no longer will post out direct bebit mandates meaning that the details must be provided over a call or online.

Can you confirm if both your mums bank account and your own bank account have been affected?

Thanks
    Al
    I have already pm'd with the details. No my mums bank account has not been affected because she does not have one.

Thanks
    Livemusic4life

PM sent.

Hi livemusic4life

Thanks
    Al
    I have already pm'd with the details. No my mums bank account has not been affected because she does not have one.

Thanks
    Livemusic4life
    How can your mum be on direct debit if she doesn't have a bank account?

Is it possible that the product was changed at some stage and this required a debit card, and yours was used?

PM sent.

Hi livemusic4life

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Livemusic4life
    How can your mum be on direct debit if she doesn't have a bank account?
    her eircom bill on line says direct debit, but clearly the money is being taken out of my bloody account.

And direct debit details were never given to eircom. The only time that my details were given to eircom were more than 12 months ago when we signed up to evision and that was only in case the free trial evision equipment was damaged. not for direct debit.

her eircom bill on line says direct debit, but clearly the money is being taken out of my bloody account.
    Sounds like your card was used so. How else could you be billed?

The only time that my details were given to eircom were more than 12 months ago when we signed up to evision and that was only in case the free trial evision equipment was damaged. not for direct debit.
    There we go.

There we go.
    yes, my card was used but not for direct debit. I had forgotten that i had used it as a favour to my mum in case of damage to the evision equipment. that does not meant that eircom can take money from my account.

There we go.
    yes, my card was used but not for direct debit. I had forgotten that i had used it as a favour to my mum in case of damage to the evision equipment. that does not meant that eircom can take money from my account.
    Hi livemusic4life

I've tried to call you on your mobile but if a better time suits you before 6PM today let me know

Thanks

Al

Hi livemusic4life

I've tried to call you on your mobile but if a better time suits you before 6PM today let me know

Thanks

Al

I have tried to return your call but i get a strange voicemail message.

Hi livemusic4life

Thanks

Al

I have tried to return your call but i get  a strange voicemail message.
    Thanks for taking my call livemusic4life

Al

• Advertisement

Hi livemusic4life

Thanks

Al

Al
    Al thank you for sorting my issue. I really appreciate your help.

Hi livemusic4life

Thanks

Al

Al
    Al thank you for sorting my issue. I really appreciate your help.
    You're more than welcome livemusic4life

Al

its happened again! not impressed!

its happened again! not impressed!
    Very sorry to hear this livemusic4life

Thanks for taking my call on this and I'll be in touch as soon a I have more information

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for taking my call on this and I'll be in touch as soon a I have more information

Thanks
    Al

It would be great to know how this happened. I had to head into the city today even though I'm supposed to be bed bound with surgery looming. It would be nice to have an answer. Thanks for your help so far.
    Cli

Thanks
    Al

It would be great to know how this happened. I had to head into the city today even though I'm supposed to be bed bound with surgery looming. It would be nice to have an answer. Thanks for your help so far.
    Cli
    Hi I fully understand your concern here livemusic4life - and I am also very sorry to hear that this has surfaced again at such an inconvenient time. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement