Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Sheep Bar

Options
  • 20-02-2015 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

So I went to the Black Sheep tonight on Capel Street in Dublin and every time I ordered a pint they told me it was free. I was so bewildered by this. Has anyone been there before? I must have ordered 4 or 5 drinks and wasn't charged for one. I'm not complaining obviously but I'm just so confused by this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

For realsies??
    Think they only serve that craft beer shíte though, might be trying to get rid of some.
    If it was free i'd drink it mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Water is "free" in pubs in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Kung Lao

Slattsy wrote: »
    For realsies??
    Think they only serve that craft beer shíte though, might be trying to get rid of some.
    If it was free i'd drink it though.

I was drinking Pilsner which is fairly mainstream at this stage and it was lovely. Nothing off about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There all the time and never been told it was free!! Maybe they're just making so much money they don't care for money any more!! Sounds like you got good and lucky could you not have shared this at the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

Free drink!!
    Maybe they knew you would write about it on boards.ie and give them loads of publicity!
    Was there twice and charged both times but tempted to go back again!
    Maybe it's a marketing thing - buy 5 drinks and the first is free - would certainly get them through the doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Kung Lao wrote: »
    So I went to the Black Sheep tonight on Capel Street in Dublin and every time I ordered a pint they told me it was free. I was so bewildered by this. Has anyone been there before? I must have ordered 4 or 5 drinks and wasn't charged for one. I'm not complaining obviously but I'm just so confused by this.

They were obviously celebrating the jailing of the 5 muppets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

jimmii wrote: »
    Maybe they're just making so much money they don't care for money any more!!

Well they charge so much for their pints they are probably doing a Ducktales (a-woo-ooo)

money-bin.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Heard some taps were free, love that pub anyway, great cider and food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I would imagine it was the Lagunitas tap take over. Free pilsner and IPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Slattsy wrote: »

You say that as if craft beer is a type or brand of beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Kung Lao

I would imagine it was the Lagunitas tap take over. Free pilsner and IPA.

I'd like to know more about this, why are they free taps? This must be the reason because it was the same Pilsner tap every time and they did specifically ask me which tap I wanted. Lucky I chose the free one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement