Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre pubs serving Kilkenny Ale

Options
  • 20-02-2015 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭

Heya, if you've seen Kilkenny on draught in a city centre pub can you post name of pub here... Thanks.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Last place I noticed it was Slattery's on Capel Street, but anywhere touristy is a good bet: O'Neill's Suffolk Street, the Temple Bar and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Stag's head had it last time I was in

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hughbie

Stag's head had it last time I was in

Hairy lemon,ifi

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I've seen it at the Quay's Inn in Temple Bar, but it would be cheaper to hire a helicopter to land in your back garden, fly to the brewery and collect the pint direct from source, than buy it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I had a few pints of it in the Merchants Arch 3 weeks ago. It was €6.55 a pint though, glad I wasnt paying as I was at a work do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yikes.... 6.50 a pint... I'll have a can at home or drink somewhere more reasonable!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

it's nitro Smithwick's

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's stronger than Smithwick's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

There is a similar drink - Caledonia smooth. I love it but I have only seen it in my local, the Terenure inn. Its very reasonably priced too at €3.30 a pint. Look around for it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Think they have Caladonia in The Grand Social. Not sure if it has the same psycho-effect as Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement