Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere near Grafton Street serving craft beers??

Options
  • 20-02-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.....don't drink the usual Heineken, Bud, etc....usually the polish or Czech stuff from Aldi/Lidl!! any pub in town near Tara St., Pearse St. Grafton st that serves beer other than the usual stuff?? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Porterhouse, at the end of Grafton Street.
    It's just beside the Subway, and probably one of the best known craft beer bars (afaik).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Perfect...cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

near Tara St.
    MacTurcaill's, JW Sweetman.
    Pearse St.
    O'Neill's of Pearse Street, Kennedy's of Westland Row.
    Grafton st
    Porterhouse Central (as mentioned), O'Neill's of Suffolk Street.

If you have a smartphone, get the BeoirFinder app.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pretty much everywhere now.

I'll also recommend the Foggy Dew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

BeerNut wrote: »
    MacTurcaill's, JW Sweetman.

O'Neill's of Pearse Street, Kennedy's of Westland Row.

Porterhouse Central (as mentioned), O'Neill's of Suffolk Street.

If you have a smartphone, get the BeoirFinder app.

Wow... Apt Username :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

McDaids (just off Grafton St. and across from Bruxelles) usually have a few craft beers in the fridge. +1 for the Foggy Dew and O'Neill's on Suffolk St.

As an aside, if you are into trying different beers and ever have the chance, it's worth a trip to Mulligan's in Stoneybatter - they have an impressive list of beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

P Macs on Stephen Street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 veray

I highly recommend Against the Grain Pub, 11 Wexford St. Brilliant atmosphere, I think they have the biggest selection of craft beers in town, you can get some food there too plus good whiskey selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

McDaids (just off Grafton St. and across from Bruxelles) usually have a few craft beers in the fridge. +1 for the Foggy Dew and O'Neill's on Suffolk St.

As an aside, if you are into trying different beers and ever have the chance, it's worth a trip to Mulligan's in Stoneybatter - they have an impressive list of beers.

I'd say he actually did mean O'Neill's on Pearse Street. Rarely open I find. The O'Neill's you mentioned is decent for craft brews but also very touristy along with some serious prices. Can be difficult on a sporting weekend too.

A shout out to The Ginger Man on Fenian Street (off Nassau Street) if only for aesthetics alone. They have their own house ales. Not extensive, but something different. Can't go wrong here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I just thought of the Brew Dock. They have a great range of beers and are at the Busáras Luas stop which is just a short walk from Tara St.

• Advertisement

They have their own house ales. Not extensive, but something different.
    Not really: they're Franciscan Well beers re-badged. If you're up that way there's always something decent on tap in Probus Wines across the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Not really: they're Franciscan Well beers re-badged. If you're up that way there's always something decent on tap in Probus Wines across the street.

Oh yeah, knew that - not their own, exclusively brewed there by them, but they've had the Writer's Red, Wheat beer, and more recently an IPA long before the throng of craft pubs got around to it.

Was/is that Probus Wines place an off-licence still? Or is it a pub now?

Was/is that Probus Wines place an off-licence still? Or is it a pub now?
    It's an off licence with taps, tables and toilets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

It's an off licence with taps, tables and toilets ;)

Thats some bending of the licensing rules is it not?

Another place is Pmacs across from the Hairy Lemon and Cassidys if the op is after the more younger, bearded pointy shoe kind of crowd

Also Macturcaills do craft beers??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Another place is Pmacs across from the Hairy Lemon and Cassidys if the op is after the more younger, bearded pointy shoe kind of crowd

Also Macturcaills do craft beers??????

I'd say nearly every pub does a range of craft beer nows. Can't miss out on the latest hipster trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I'd say nearly every pub does a range of craft beer nows. Can't miss out on the latest hipster trend.

I've drank craft beers long before there was hipstpers drinking them, I just dont remember mcturcaills doing them so it must be a recent edition. Chances are I would be fairly bored in their though as there are very few beers I've drank twice :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I've drank craft beers long before there was hipstpers drinking them, I just dont remember mcturcaills doing them so it must be a recent edition. Chances are I would be fairly bored in their though as there are very few beers I've drank twice :pac:

I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread has drank craft beers before hipsters drank them. ;)

It has a full pub licence.
    I've drank craft beers long before there was hipstpers drinking them, I just dont remember mcturcaills doing them so it must be a recent edition.
    I'll out-nostalgia you here and point out that I remember drinking draught Weihenstephaner in MacTurcaill's a dozen years ago :) They have Independent Gold on now, according to the brewery.

Advertisement