Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moved home and questioning it!

• 20-02-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

As the title says...we moved home 4 weeks ago yday after being in Australia 2.5 years and while its great seeing everyone, I think Id rather have stayed. We were in Mornington , Melbourne and I loved it...husband didn't though. I had really settled , made great friends, knew the schools the kids would start next year etc

Back now and finding it grime here. Go for a walk and you have to keep watching out for Dog crap everywhere..really annoys me. I have a poo brush for the pram- how gross is that! Grown men discard litter without a second thought. It make me question why am I telling my 3 yo to put his rubbish in his pocket until he finds a bin.
    What strikes me is everywhere looks like it needs money spent on it. I guess thats the recession.
    Maybe its the time of year or me projecting my feelings, but people seem like they're having a hard tough life.
    Since we got back its a struggle. I don't do anything- stuck inside with the kids. In Oz I was always out. I dint think twice about heading out with the 2 kids for a walk someplace.

Probably should say what brought us back..well husband got 2 job offers in the same week, a job in Melbourne CBD and another one- a permanent job in Ireland so we came back. We left in the first place because of 'natural wastage', husband lost his job so we applied for skilled visa for Australia.

Its so hard to know, Sorry I know my post is a long whingy ramble.
    Im just feeling unsettled...people don't understand unless they've gone through it themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AineM2013

Hi there, I know it's a old post but just wondering if u ended up moving back to Australia or ended up staying? Iv moved home with my Aussie husband and 6 months later am
    Questioning it

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

OP - Did you stay? If you did how are you finding life now?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

Hi Aine,

I moved back from Australia 2 years ago and to be honest the first 6 months were hard.  FInsing a new job, place to live, car insurance, health insurance, banking, forms to fill out, social welfare(child benefit) etc etc etc.

It felt like it would never end or sort itself out.

Now though it has.  All those things that were taking up a lot of my time have now gone and once you get sorted in the "system" with doctors, child benefit, car insurance, steady job etc it does make it easier.

I remember when I moved to Australia first I questioned my decision for first few months as I had no job or money, everything seemed hard and was slow to get things done but eventually I got into the swing of things and ended up loving it.

Give it a few more months and I would estimate things will get a bit easier.

Advertisement