Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 with The Order 1886 and Last of Us €349.99

• 20-02-2015 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

White/Black Ps4 with The Order 1886 and Last of Us €349.99 in argos.

Lots of stock around the country.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Feck. Got mine in August for €400 with no games. (Of which there's still precious few worth upgrading for imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Thanks OP, seems like a great deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Great bargain that, I availed of the last great PS4 bargain thanks to Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just reserved mine was looking for a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks OP ...mine is reserved :D
    Payday and all lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

Jesus, that's a great deal, I really shouldn't....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Great offer I spent that on it and only got Little Big Planet 3 just after xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Great deal...is it possible to get the 2 games in special offer 1 and get the turtle beach headset, or is it one special offer per purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Picked mine up. Also get €10 gift card for Argos as its over a certain amount.

b34mer23 wrote: »
    Jesus, that's a great deal, I really shouldn't....

I did it anyway, not rating The Order, trade in imminent Id say.

Got the voucher too. Big poster in the shop had this deal for 399!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

It's £299.99 in the UK, current exchange rates would put that at over €400

Nice to get things cheaper here for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Picked mine up today. Fantastic deal. Finally have a chance to play Last of Us. I was looking for to the Order, but after the few opinions on it, I may just trade it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Picked one up also. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Did the exact same thing, wouldn't entertain the idea of that game. A great deal none the less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Wow, what a deal.

CEX will give you 60+ for those two bringing it down to sub-300!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Thor wrote: »
    Picked mine up today. Fantastic deal. Finally have a chance to play Last of Us. I was looking for to the Order, but after the few opinions on it, I may just trade it in.

You wont get any more money for not playing it, might as well give it a bash and form your own opinion on it :pac:

You wont get any more money for not playing it, might as well give it a bash and form your own opinion on it :pac:

Started playing last night:). It's apparently short so shouldn't take long to complete it.

Saw the Argos UK ad on TV for this deal, they have it for £329, which is over €440 I think. Even Argos.co.uk has it for £300 which is over €400.

Not going to get a better deal than this anytime soon I'd say. I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jawacz

Is this offer still available? Can't see it on Argos site!

jawacz wrote: »
    Is this offer still available? Can't see it on Argos site!

Yep, still there. Go into the PS4 console itself, click the red Special Offers tab, and it's offer number 2. Click add item on both games, then go up to Buy or Reserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

no availability in Dublin - usual ole sh1te from Argos - you can get two out of the three items in nearly every shop but not the third one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

If you still go ahead and buy it, does that mean they do get it in and you can collect it?

On their Check and Reserve Page:
    "With Check & Reserve, you can make sure it's ready for you before you leave home! If items are in stock when you place your reservation, they will be held in store for you until the end of the next working day. If it's not in stock, we'll order it in for you and let you know when it's ready for collection."

Has this worked for anybody else with anything else? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jawacz

Yep, still there. Go into the PS4 console itself, click the red Special Offers tab, and it's offer number 2. Click add item on both games, then go up to Buy or Reserve.

Thanks, just reserved one, package not available together around Dublin but got one in Navan.

jawacz wrote: »
    Thanks, just reserved one, package not available together around Dublin but got one in Navan.

The fear of having to make an effort to get it spurred me into getting it Friday cos it was available in Jervis!

Just saw that CeX on Liffey Street will give €38 or €42 store credit for The Order on trade in...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

penev10 wrote: »
    Wow, what a deal.

CEX will give you 60+ for those two bringing it down to sub-300!

Is that a good price? I haven't traded games before but €60 for two games with the RRP's they have doesn't seem that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

You won't do much better tbh, unless you want to try and flog them on Adverts or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

You won't do much better tbh, unless you want to try and flog them on Adverts or something.

Cheers, it seems I won't have to worry about it anyway as The Last of Us is out of stock in any Argos within an hour's drive. Will keep an eye out for re-stocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

1 x complete bundle in stock in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

got this deal in Ilac yesterday, finally have a ps4 been waiting 2 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

has it been bumped back up to 399?

the 2 games can still be got for free but the console itself is now 399, not as lucrative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

skeg16 wrote: »
    has it been bumped back up to 399?

the 2 games can still be got for free but the console itself is now 399, not as lucrative

Could have been a possible pricing error to begin with. Thank god I acted when I did! :)

The console is gone upgo 399.99.

However the actual offer still say 349.999 with 2 free games. End March 6th

Take a screenshot and show it to them and yoi will get it for 349.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

dan786 wrote: »
    The console is gone upgo 399.99.

However the actual offer still say 349.999 with 2 free games. End March 6th

Take a screenshot and show it to them and yoi will get it for 349.

I had this reserved for €349.99 and just collected it. The self service pay station rejected the reservation number but the nice guy at the till accepted it, even though he said that the offer had been pulled and if I didn't have the reservation, I wouldn't have gotten it at that price.

The offer is still on the website at this moment . Special Offer 1: PS4 for 349.99 and get The Last of Us and The Order Free. Ends 6th March.

I dont see them denying it even if you reserve one now and then show them the screenshot. I would say you would get it for 349.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

dan786 wrote: »
    The offer is still on the website at this moment . Special Offer 1: PS4 for 349.99 and get The Last of Us and The Order Free. Ends 6th March.

I dont see them denying it even if you reserve one now and then show them the screenshot. I would say you would get it for 349.99.

even though the deal says 349, shows as 399 on the website when you try and reserve it

• Advertisement

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I had this reserved for €349.99 and just collected it. The self service pay station rejected the reservation number but the nice guy at the till accepted it, even though he said that the offer had been pulled and if I didn't have the reservation, I wouldn't have gotten it at that price.

The self serve station rejected it because it has over 18 items. The deal is still advertised on their site and clearly states available until the 6th of march.

They even said it in store as well.

Just wanted to you all to know the deal is 100 percent still on.

Just got it again with a friend. They didn't have last of us in stock so reserved it in another store for us to collect at anytime.

Price was done at 349.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Had reserved one last night, wasn't really any issue, they checked price on website and corrected price at till to €349.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Just reserved one, it says 399.99 for the console, but still says 349.99 for console and the two games in the special offers section.

The total at the end of my reservation is 399.99

Think there's any chance I'll get it for 349?

Bobby42 wrote: »
    Just reserved one, it says 399.99 for the console, but still says 349.99 for console and the two games in the special offers section.

The total at the end of my reservation is 399.99

Think there's any chance I'll get it for 349?

My friend just got it today. Shouldn't have any issues getting it for the correct price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I reserved it there now at €399.99 but I took a screenshot of the €349.99 deal, I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I'll give it a go tomorrow. 399 for the console and two games is still a pretty good deal, 349 would be sweet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Could anyone put up a link for where is says €349. My son wants to get this but I can only see €399 on website. Thanks

canihave wrote: »
    Could anyone put up a link for where is says €349. My son wants to get this but I can only see €399 on website. Thanks

Special offers tab on the console page.

this is driving me mad, have searched and searched and cant find offer - can only see Euro399! Have clicked under video games, consoles, ps4 and cant see it.

this is driving me mad, have searched and searched and cant find offer - can only see Euro399! Have clicked under video games, consoles, ps4 and cant see it.

See attached..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Click into PS4 and clickbthe red tab below the details. Offer 1 gives you two games and a PS4 for €349

Thank you so much, you have saved my sanity and my wallet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Anyone interested in this this morning, you might want to print out one of the above screenshots if you're going in today, they've adjusted the price back:

7cda81.jpeg

I have a screen grab on my phone with the 349 price, fingers crossed I get that price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement