Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 50 euro discount on first bill.

Options
  • 20-02-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

I recently changed back to Electric Ireland as my electricity provider. The rep that called at my door told me of a initial discount of fifty euro off my first bill along with a discounted unit rate. I opened the bill yesterday and there was no fifty euro discount applied although there was a discount off the unit rate.

I was also told that the offer was only available while he was at the door. I found out later that this was not the case. I'm beginning to think this discount was a fabrication too, just to get me to switch back. I also can't understand how my first bill was estimated when the meter is outside the house. I hope you can shed some light on these points for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Monkeykube,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on Boards.ie.
    We will check into your account query for you ASAP if you send me a private message (and all reps will receive it) with your Electric Ireland account number, name, address in full, and the telephone number we would have for you.

With regards to the bill being estimated, ESB Networks reads an accessible meter for four out of the six annual bills (for customers of all electricity suppliers) with the remaining two bills being estimated. We can take a customer meter-reading by private message here on Boards, for issuing of a correct bill.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Hi Monkeykube,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on Boards.ie.
    We will check into your account query for you ASAP if you send me a private message (and all reps will receive it) with your Electric Ireland account number, name, address in full, and the telephone number we would have for you.

With regards to the bill being estimated, ESB Networks reads an accessible meter for four out of the six annual bills (for customers of all electricity suppliers) with the remaining two bills being estimated. We can take a customer meter-reading by private message here on Boards, for issuing of a correct bill.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hi Una,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm in work at the moment, but I will send my details on when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem at all Monkeykube.

We are finishing here on Boards/other social media channels at 6pm and will return on Monday morning, so if you do not have your Electric Ireland account number to hand, just PM us the other details and your date of birth instead of account number, if you like.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement