Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian KFC Chicken Skin

Options
  • 20-02-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Im vegetarian but crave KFC Chicken Skin... is there any vegetarian alternatives for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink as you will probably have a better chance of getting good vegetarian advice for the V&V forum regulars.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

You're probably looking for a nicely seasoned batter right? I couldn't imagine anyone craving skin :D Make a battter from flour, cornstarch, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, chilli, baking powder, salt, and water.
    Try batttering sweet potato, cauliflower, butternut squash or even just regular potato chips.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

SouthernFriedChickenBurgers%20Packshot.ashx?w=290
    http://www.quorn.co.uk/food/bbq/southern-style-burgers/

_0006_Southern-fried-escalope-.ashx?w=300
    http://www.quorn.co.uk/food/breaded/southern-fried-chicken-style-escalopes/

can be bought in tescos!! the burgers arent there as often though, can get them in veggie stores

edit: picked up the burgers in dunnes today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The Southern fried style burgers are very nice, I'm always annoyed at how little of the Quorn range is stocked in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭human 19

I bought Quorn "Escalopes", whatever they are supposed to be, in Tesco. They tasted exactly like chicken in batter. Delicious. I love that they also have the veggie equivalent of steak and Kidney pies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

What about wafer thin chicken slices toasted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

human 19 wrote: »
    I bought Quorn "Escalopes", whatever they are supposed to be, in Tesco. They tasted exactly like chicken in batter. Delicious. I love that they also have the veggie equivalent of steak and Kidney pies.

I only ever managed to get the pies twice from Tesco and Dunnes does an even more limited supply of quorn/vegetarian foods. I can't stand Linda McCartney stuff, it's full of fat, sugar and salt.

Advertisement