Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running tracks

Options
  • 20-02-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Was thinking of getting back into a bit of track running - are there any public/pay-as-you-go outdoor tracks in north kildare or thereabouts that would have parking, showers, etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There's one in Kilcock that's open to the public when the local running club aren't using it. No showers though that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Orion wrote: »
    There's one in Kilcock that's open to the public when the local running club aren't using it. No showers though that I'm aware of.

Cheers, was aware of that one but wasn't sure if it was just free to use, don't want to show up and suddenly have angry athletes out to me. I couldn't outrun them :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I used it myself occasionally when I was running. iirc there's a sign at the gate saying when the running club are using it but it's a public amenity as far as I'm aware. Never had a problem using it anyway.

If you're not married to running on a track (which I always found incredibly boring) you can run in St. Patrick's College in Maynooth. Nice scenery and decent paths to run on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Leixlip Amenities have a newly opened state of the art running track.

Probably worth giving them a call - 01 6243050

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Salesian college in celbridge have a grass running track that can always be used outside out school hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

scheister wrote: »
    Salesian college in celbridge have a grass running track that can always be used outside out school hours

Never knew that, I must check it out. I had used the gravel track in Kilcock before and it is fine.. bit of a drive tho

Advertisement