Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allowed bring a dog to Diamond hill walk?

Options
  • 20-02-2015 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if I can bring my dog walking out in Diamond Hill? I don't see anything on the website saying one way or the other.

The dog is quite and I will have bags with me so she definitely wont be bothering anyone.

Also the walks are open now right? Its just the visit center that's closed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

I can't see why not as long as the dog is under control. I would certainly take mine there. I don't know what the rules are regarding leads out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

ratracer wrote: »
    I can't see why not as long as the dog is under control. I would certainly take mine there. I don't know what the rules are regarding leads out there though.

Cool, yeah she will be on a retractable lead the whole time so she will be under control

thanks for the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Have brought dogs there loads of times, and seen tons of folks with their dogs.

One major thing to keep in mind though, is that there are a lot of indigenous goats at any stage of your walk, so if your lil' doggie is prone to chasing, barking or being frightened, just keep an eye open for them.

Happy walkies! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Have brought dogs there loads of times, and seen tons of folks with their dogs.

One major thing to keep in mind though, is that there are a lot of indigenous goats at any stage of your walk, so if your lil' doggie is prone to chasing, barking or being frightened, just keep an eye open for them.

Happy walkies! :P

She has zen like focus when she is on her walks so I think she will be fine. I'm from the country and she doesn't pay much attention to sheep in fields so I'd say it will be all good.

Thanks!

Advertisement