Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to do a Powerlifting meet

Options
  • 20-02-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello so I'm 16 years old and I've been doing strength training for the past 6 months seriously and now i'd like to start thinking about competing. I'm a bit lost when it comes to what Powerlifting organisations are running competitions in Ireland and what I'll need as regard to what clothes i need to wear for the competitions.

Any help would be great, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

As luck would have it, Hanley made this video the other day on what to expect at your first powerlifting meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Where are you based?

The IDFPA have a single lifts competition in CIT Cork this weekend. If you are nearby, you could go down and have a look. If not, they will be streaming a live feed.

https://www.facebook.com/idfpa?ref=br_tf
    http://www.idfpa.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 oscarodw

As luck would have it, Hanley made this video the other day on what to expect at your first powerlifting meet.

Thanks! that was very informative

• Registered Users Posts: 30 oscarodw

juke wrote: »
    Where are you based?

The IDFPA have a single lifts competition in CIT Cork this weekend. If you are nearby, you could go down and have a look. If not, they will be streaming a live feed.

I'm based in Tipperary Town.

I never knew they had a live feed, i'll definitely be watching, thanks

oscarodw wrote: »
    I never knew they had a live feed, i'll definitely be watching, thanks

It's the first time they are trying it.

Mens & ladies squat tomorrow morning, ladies bench in the afternoon.
    Mens bench Sunday morning, followed by both deadlifts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

I'm based down in Kerry, haven't been powerlifting long but would defnitely be interested in going to meets and such. Is there ever any in Kerry or Cork and if so how do I find out about them?

Advertisement