Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what’s the going rate for tree pruning?

• 20-02-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I have 2 trees closed to each other that need to be thinned a bit. I got a quote for 350 euro: does it sound right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Depending on size, that sounds about right. I paid 100 bananas for 20 mins. work and that was discounted 'cos I know him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Sounds ok, make sure you don't use cowboys, they will wreck the trees. The country is full of the feckers. Ask them where they learnt to do this work (tree surgery experience or at least horticultural course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Probably does depend on size of trees, but to me that expensive, maybe depends on what part of the country u are in. My husband got our trees trimmed about a year ago ( 10 in all) and they are taller than our 2 storey house, got quote down from 700 to 480.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Steve_hooo wrote: »
    I have 2 trees closed to each other that need to be thinned a bit. I got a quote for 350 euro: does it sound right?

An experienced team of 2 Tree Surgeons will charge c € 600.00 - € 650.00/day (to include cutting, chipping and removal). Usually minimum rate of a half day applies, unless they are working in the area. What you require is probably 1 - 2 hours work.

Advertisement