Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny Accommodation 2015

Options
  • 19-02-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

wondering are any of these ares nice/safe in Letterkenny, Willowbrook, Meadowbank, glenard park, thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Frank1011991

also what is Gort Na Greine like and the apartments on upper and lower main street like, and what are the apartments in court manner house like? thanks again in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Many people will probably have different views on certain places, some places have a reputation, others will tell you its unfounded etc. My 2 cents are Willowbrook and Gort na Greine are grand, I know people who are living or have lived in both and had no problems or trouble.
    Meadowbank and Glenard Park are off long lane, which wouldn't have the best reputation when I lived in LK (4-5 years ago), whether that is still true or not, i'm sure others would be able to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mod note: Above posts moved from a dormant thread.

retalivity wrote: »
    Many people will probably have different views on certain places, some places have a reputation, others will tell you its unfounded etc. My 2 cents are Willowbrook and Gort na Greine are grand, I know people who are living or have lived in both and had no problems or trouble.
    Meadowbank and Glenard Park are off long lane, which wouldn't have the best reputation when I lived in LK (4-5 years ago), whether that is still true or not, i'm sure others would be able to tell.

Thanks alot, I was also wondering what upper and lower street are like? thanks again.

retalivity wrote: »

and would you know what Manorview Park is like? :) thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Most streets up Long Lane have a pretty bad reputation to be honest. That area would be one i would personally avoid. Loads of derelict houses and such, lots of Garda activity. Couple of mates got mugged/assaulted up there. Pretty grim (again, my opinion!)

Willowbrook seems ok, no first hand experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 queagh

I've live in Manorview Park for many years and never had any bother. Maybe its a bit unfair to paint every area with the same brush?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

queagh wrote: »
    I've live in Manorview Park for many years and never had any bother. Maybe its a bit unfair to paint every area with the same brush?

The guy is asking for opinions. I gave him mine, you gave him yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

queagh wrote: »
    Maybe its a bit unfair to paint every area with the same brush?
    I dont think that was done or at least thats my reading of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hi folks,

Where would be a very nice place to live in Letterkenny?
    Preferably near the hospital or LYIT or over the Ramelton Road side.
    Nice 4 bed in a nice estate or something like that.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Zamboni wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Where would be a very nice place to live in Letterkenny?
    Preferably near the hospital or LYIT or over the Ramelton Road side.
    Nice 4 bed in a nice estate or something like that.

Thanks
    Check this out - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057032824

Advertisement