Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting the Park

Options
  • 20-02-2015 4:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I vaguely remember there being a way to contact the Park/Garda Depot about firearms issues. Is that the case? I have an admin issue with a licence that i'm unlikely to be able to solve via my local station as they haven't a clue (not their fault).

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Firearms Policy Unit?

If so it's (01)6661911 or (01)6661916
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cass wrote: »
    Firearms Policy Unit?

If so it's (01)6661911 or (01)6661916

Sounds about right and worth a try

They're the only ones in Dublin i think of that you could contact. Other than them it's your local station, and if it's a license delivery issue then it's usually An Post in Clare.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

They're the only ones in Dublin i think of that you could contact. Other than them it's your local station, and if it's a license delivery issue then it's usually An Post in Clare.

No admin issue with the licence its self that the local station don't know what to do about.

Do you mind me asking what it is, or would you rather not discuss it?

Had a day of something similar myself today, so it's fresh in mind still.

• Advertisement

Do you mind me asking what it is, or would you rather not discuss it?

Had a day of something similar myself today, so it's fresh in mind still.

It was issued with an incorrect end date (12 months too early). My station hadn't a clue on how to rectify and suggested I just reapply when it expires which is fair enough as its an issue outside their training but unacceptable to me.

Been on the phone and all sorted now thanks to FPU and you for giving me the number. Should have done this ages ago!!

I should add the guy in the FPU was great, very straight up, professional and clear on everything. Got it sorted (and rang me back within 10 mins to say it was sorted!).

I've had this myself. It's actually a very easy issue to resolve.

The local station can re-issue the license with the proper date and you simply discard the old license. I'd imagine the FPU have done this as they can re-issue licenses or instruct the local station to do so.

Glad you got sorted.

I've had this myself. It's actually a very easy issue to resolve.

The local station can re-issue the license with the proper date and you simply discard the old license. I'd imagine the FPU have done this as they can re-issue licenses or instruct the local station to do so.

Glad you got sorted.

I think the locals didn't want to do anything without going through a Super, FPU were able to amend and reissue so all good.

Cheers for the help

Advertisement