Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Kindle to buy?

Options
  • 20-02-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My wife wants to buy a Kindle but doesn't know which one to go for. We already have 2 tablets in the house so there's no need for the Kindle fire. She just wants an e-reader. I was considering the Kindle White(NO-3G) but it seems a bit steep at €140. Does anyone have these and are they far superior to the standard(Grey screen) devices? Are they worth the extra cash? Any offers on them right now? All advice appreciated:D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I took everyone's advice last year and got a paperwhite and LOVE it - it's just so easy on your eyes compared to reading on a tablet. If you get in Argos atm you'll get a €20 voucher back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

paperwhite - you wont regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Redlimo

Paperwhite is far nicer! I've had both but much prefer the paperwhite, it's just more comfortable to read. Worth the relatively small amount extra if you read a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Redlimo wrote: »
    Paperwhite is far nicer! I've had both but much prefer the paperwhite, it's just more comfortable to read. Worth the relatively small amount extra if you read a lot.

Great replies thanks. It looks like the paper white is the one to go for!

Would it be possible to but the kindle PW from Amazon.de site http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00JG8GBDM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1424472924&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=kindle&dpPl=1&dpID=5145NkkYsiL&ref=plSrch

They are selling it for €99! Would they ship to Ireland and what does this cost? How does the registration work with the devices and would buying from the German site cause problems? Assuming the language could be set to English on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

livEwirE wrote: »
    Would it be possible to but the kindle PW from Amazon.de site

They are selling it for €99! Would they ship to Ireland and what does this cost? How does the registration work with the devices and would buying from the German site cause problems? Assuming the language could be set to English on it too.

Shipping is free and it will work perfectly

Shipping is free and it will work perfectly

Are you sure shipping is free from Germany to Ireland? If so then that's perfect!

Yep. If its Prime and they ship to Ireland then it's free. Most prime stuff they ship to Ireland but some items like large electronics they dont shsip at all to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can you use your UK amazon account ? And would the kindle be in German when you switch it on?

Yes. Dunno

• Advertisement

Yes. Dunno

Thanks for the reply. I tried to buy the one linked above but it wouldn't ship to Ireland :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to buy the one linked above but it wouldn't ship to Ireland :(
    Pity, there are some items they won't ship, must be a licence issue. There are a few on adverts for \\€100 if that's any use to you?

Pity, there are some items they won't ship, must be a licence issue. There are a few on adverts for \\€100 if that's any use to you?

I'll check them out. I might just pick it up in Argos and get the €20 voucher.
    I should have got it there around Christmas when it was reduced to €109 but couldn't make up my mind as I still had two new books to read :)

Advertisement