Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worktops

Options
  • 20-02-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Did you buy your worktop from your kitchen supplier or did you get it from a cheaper supplier? We have been quoted about 2k extra to get quartz rather than laminate. Is it worth spending more just to get the quartz worktop? Any opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Your been charged 2k extra because quartz is 2k more expensive than laminate.

If your not happy with the price go off and see can you find a Quartz supplier with a cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

-snip- organised my worktop (granite) . It was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. It was worth the extra few bob. and should last forever with the right care.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bercli

Thanks Bo-Jangles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

We went with a laminate work top, not because of price, but because I prefer the look of what we got. But someone burned two marks on the worktop a few months after it was put in, so it'll need to be replaced at some point. So bear that in mind! If you like the look of the granite/quartz, and can find the extra cash, it's probably something that's worth it- depending on the amount of traffic through your kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bercli

Thanks jlm29 for that. Its great to hear someone elses view because were kind of making a decision on this without much experience of either. From a look point of view, I thought Topform in the showrooms looked really good. I was really impressed by how much laminate worktops have improved. However, I see from what you mean when you mention the mishap with yours, roughly 2k now may be worth it in the long run. No matter how careful anyone is, these things can happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement