Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CK Tri - 8th August 2015

Options
  • 20-02-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Never mind the Ironman 70.3 lark, all roads lead to Mullingar on the 2nd weekend of August!

Opens for reg next Friday at 8pm. I'll stick up a link later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Nice cool-down birthday celebration for me after the Beast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Whats (€250+6%)*(32/70.3)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Really looking forward to this, its a great course, and very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Whats (€250+6%)*(32/70.3)?

Going by that, I think you'll be pleased with a significant discount!!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Looking forward to this one this year. Got dq'd last year - must put that right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

I'll be doing CK for the first time this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Anyone got a link??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Thanks Joey, got held up in work and the page didn't seem to be refreshing on the phone. I'm in anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

In as well. Looking forward already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This race is my jinx...

This race is my jinx...

Planning another no show? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

EC1000 wrote: »

consistency is key in tri after all...

:) they do say third time lucky!
    I will expect a special prize for just turning up. Just so you know....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

:) they do say third time lucky!
    I will expect a special prize for just turning up. Just so you know....

Your prize will be getting to race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

What are the cycle and run courses like?

c07 wrote: »
    What are the cycle and run courses like?

Bike is fast. One loop of a mainly flat circuit taking in a lot of the old N6 and the new stretch of N52 from tyrellspass. The run has a couple of out and back sections and is completely flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Never did this before. Does it sell out?

Kander wrote: »
    Never did this before. Does it sell out?

Yes, sold out within a week last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Bike is fast. One loop of a mainly flat circuit taking in a lot of the old N6 and the new stretch of N52 from tyrellspass. The run has a couple of out and back sections and is completely flat.

I'd second the above just to add that one of the "out and backs" is off road - although not too bad underfoot. Great Swim too - nice wide start and a decent run out to the first buoy.

Always remember the start of this last year and thought I was going delirious seeing a guy cycling on the lake. A closer look confirmed that he was on some sort of a raft with a bike mounted on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

i'm in!

Roll on summer!

I saw the comment in the Challenge thread about the clash of the new Challenge race weekend with Kilkee next year.

Thought it was worth mentioning that despite the clash with Ironman 70.3 this year and some obvious apprehension about how it would affect this race, happily over 350 of you have decided to enter CK 2015 so far and number are growing steadily. It will probably sell out again so thanks to everyone for continuing to support club races!

I saw the comment in the Challenge thread about the clash of the new Challenge race weekend with Kilkee next year.

Thought it was worth mentioning that despite the clash with Ironman 70.3 this year and some obvious apprehension about how it would affect this race, happily over 350 of you have decided to enter CK 2015 so far and number are growing steadily. It will probably sell out again so thanks to everyone for continuing to support club races!

great to see the support still coming in. you should be lucky, Dublin isn't running any shorter distance races, just the half. i couldn't get why people thought the race next year would take from Kilkee till i spotted they were running a sprint and Olympic as well

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

I dont think it will matter. Anyone really into triathlon and wants to do an Oly that weekend will go to Kilkee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

What is capicity ??

What is capicity ??

Still space Claude but wouldn't leave it too much longer....

I can't do this race, but will let my entry go for €30 to any Boardsie who is interested (just over half price of €55). It'll cost you €5 to transfer details.

Basster wrote: »
    I can't do this race, but will let my entry go for €30 to any Boardsie who is interested (just over half price of €55). It'll cost you €5 to transfer details.

Boo just entered the other day!

Third time lucky for me...I'll make it to the start line this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Basster wrote: »

Yes please if still available, I will drop you a pm tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Yes please if still available, I will drop you a pm tomorrow.

Y3g7Hw.jpg

you know there is a swim right?

Advertisement