Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CK Tri - 8th August 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

Basster wrote: »
    I can't do this race, but will let my entry go for €30 to any Boardsie who is interested (just over half price of €55). It'll cost you €5 to transfer details.

I will take this if other offer falls through

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Yes please if still available, I will drop you a pm tomorrow.

Sure, all yours JB as you got there first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Basster wrote: »
    Sure, all yours JB as you got there first.

Cheers, PM sent.
    mossym wrote: »
    Y3g7Hw.jpg

you know there is a swim right?

Only messing about, judging by run and swim pace after starting back i wont be breaking any records!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

Podge83 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one this year. Got dq'd last year - must put that right.

Why were you DQ'd???

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Dangerous cycling.

I was stuck behind a car for what seemed like ages who was stuck behind a slower competitor from an earlier wave. There were two of us. The notorious hum of the motorbike behind was apparent but when I saw a clear road ahead I went. Manoeuvre may have taken me across the central line briefly. Frustration got the better of me (and I was panicking about getting a drafting penalty). Other guy overtook on the inside.

I maintain that it wasn't dangerous and protested at the time but my utterings fell on deaf ears. On balance I suppose I deserved it technically and have made my peace with the officials in question.

Anyway, I probably deserved it for stupidity alone knowing that the bike official was behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

Dangerous cycling.

I was stuck behind a car for what seemed like ages who was stuck behind a slower competitor from an earlier wave. There were two of us. The notorious hum of the motorbike behind was apparent but when I saw a clear road ahead I went. Manoeuvre may have taken me across the central line briefly. Frustration got the better of me (and I was panicking about getting a drafting penalty). Other guy overtook on the inside.

I maintain that it wasn't dangerous and protested at the time but my utterings fell on deaf ears. On balance I suppose I deserved it technically and have made my peace with the officials in question.

Anyway, I probably deserved it for stupidity alone knowing that the bike official was behind.

Ah, We've all been there.

Was just looking at the course, looks really good and hopefully fast! Will be my first time and looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Folks, with regret I cant race CK this year so I have a spare slot going begging for anyone still looking......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

FYI - Sold out and last day for transfers today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

do they have an entrance list up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

EC1000 wrote: »
    FYI - Sold out and last day for transfers today

Its worth saying- well done on selling out given the "competition" this weekend. I guess its a credit to your past performance that you can sell out on an IM weekend!

• Advertisement

peter kern wrote: »
    do they have an entrance list up ?

wave lists being issued today afaik on their facebook page.

You must be examining the competition - are you eyeing another win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

wave lists being issued today afaik on their facebook page.

You must be examining the competition - are you eyeing another win?

If i can skip the swim entirely and get a head start i might give Peter a run for his money....be afraid Peter, be very afraid:)

nice one
    i predict the winner will be a vet.

ps i was wondering why my swim partner left me high and dry in the pool again ;-)

nice one

And I thought you were a coach, not a vet - mind you, some you coach may be animal!! ;-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

nice one

lets do a venn diagram Peter
    I'm guessing a munster man. i reckon that covers your guess as well

(that's on the consideration for fairness you're not picking yourself, nor am i (picking you), of course, not to say i don;t think you could win it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Thanks Peter. Hope I live up to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I really must do this race at some stage. I've heard nothing but good reports about it.

Best of luck this weekend folks

lets do a venn diagram Peter
    I'm guessing a munster man. i reckon that covers your guess as well

(that's on the consideration for fairness you're not picking yourself, nor am i
    (picking you), of course, not to say i don;t think you could win it)

on the basis that BTH will never be from the west i could bet a 5 er that it wont be a munster man ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

nice one

ps i was wondering why my swim partner left me high and dry in the pool again ;-)

Apologies - had my pre race bike to do this morning. Resting up the swimming arms. Hope you will do lead out this week since I did Belfast!!!

• Advertisement

you just watch the limerick guy and we will be fine ;-)

on the basis that BTH will never be from the west i could bet a 5 er that it wont be a munster man ;-)

he's not a vet either, sure he's only a young fella

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

So the vet in Munster not from Munster will be battling out with the vet in Leinster not from Leinster and the Limerick lad for the win tomorrow.

Have I got that right?? :confused:

And apparently I'm neither a vet nor a westerner :(

he's not a vet either, sure he's only a young fella

Gotta say, I didn't appreciate Predator Tri club bumping me up an AG on last weeks results just so they could give my AG winners trophy to one of their own. Not as young as I used to be.

Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing if I can improve on my 2012 performance here.

BTH wrote: »
    So the vet in Munster not from Munster will be battling out with the vet in Leinster not from Leinster and the Limerick lad for the win tomorrow.

Have I got that right?? :confused:

And what about the one they call "Mouse"???

no you're an accountant, and i'm sure the galway lads have you at this stage you'll never be a local.

i moved 1 mile from where i grew up, but to officially a different town/county, and my status as a local has been questioned a few times.

country living.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Gotta say, I didn't appreciate Predator Tri club bumping me up an AG on last weeks results just so they could give my AG winners trophy to one of their own. Not as young as I used to be.

Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing if I can improve on my 2012 performance here.

Wait til you get handed a prize for the age group older than the one you should be in :(

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Looking forward to this tomorrow, it's the big one this weekend!

It's my first time at CK. The wife and kids might head down for a look, is there stuff in the Lilliput Centre to keep the nippers occupied while I'm out "enjoying" myself? A playground, or somewhere to get an ice cream would sell it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Technically you are a mid west northerner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

StaggerLee wrote: »
    Looking forward to this tomorrow, it's the big one this weekend!

It's my first time at CK. The wife and kids might head down for a look, is there stuff in the Lilliput Centre to keep the nippers occupied while I'm out "enjoying" myself? A playground, or somewhere to get an ice cream would sell it to them.

There will be coffee stands etc for refreshments and you can buy a cooked breakfast in the morning. For kids, there is a sand pit beside the swim start if they are young enough to enjoy that sort of thing! Lots of walks and paths around the shore and the woods.

Advertisement