Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CK Tri - 8th August 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Anybody there tomorrow morning I'll be able to borrow a pump extender thingamabob for disc wheels from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

zico10 wrote: »
    Anybody there tomorrow morning I'll be able to borrow a pump extender thingamabob for disc wheels from?

yes come over to me when you see me you bring the pump i the adapter ;-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

well done Mr Kern. Savage result, given a high quality field. what did you say about a vet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

2 wins in 2 weeks! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Super stuff peter. How much are your coaching rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Great race again, this has to be one of the best races in the country. Having transition so close to the car parks means that there are loads of people around the area and there is a great atmosphere. Thought it was great last year and was as good this year. My vote for race of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Smashing race, well done to all involved. Race of the year alright. Loads of Boards heads there, some great performances from Boardsies. PK the vet putting his money where his mouth was. Joey that was a great result for you, great swim in particular. Podge you don't need coaching being first home from Wave 2 and winning your AG in some style.

Thanks Kurt.

Had a great swim which set me up for a good race. No mishaps for the first time since God knows when. Might do a report later but have no problems or mishaps to talk about - my reports are usually all about the problems!!

After my DQ last year I had set this race as a target and wanted to do good. Nice way to get back going after the Cramps of Athlone. I think a 2 mile jog before the start helped. I must admit that I'm delighted with meself. Sippin some nice fresh Orchard Thieves now!!

Great organisation today. Something I said last year despite my own race being a disaster. As Joey says above this must be one of the top races of the calendar. It says it all that there was such a turnout with quality when up against 70.3 in Dublin tomorrow. Well done Midland Tri!!

Well done again to Peter - absolutely great performance!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Excellent setup and well marshalled. The water was lovely to swim in, so much so I decided to spend an extra few minutes in the water. Another dizzy slow T1 for me.

Bike was going well, passed about 120 or so (did I say slow swim) and was holding around 38kmph for a low 60min bike but lost a few minutes sorting out a faulty valve extender (note to self, get rid of them)

Run was slow and I probably pushed the bike far too hard in the last 15k trying to recover lost time. A lot of run fitness required in 5 weeks for the half, very one paced and 30secs per k off where I would like to be when run fit.

Enjoyable though and first tri since IMFF last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

This is one of the best races I've done, sorry I've left it so long to go to CK.
    Unfortunately had a DNF as I went over on my ankle and had to hobble home from the 6k mark, will be back next year.
    Great job by midland Tri. Thanks to the club doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Agree with all the above. The setup is was excellent, beautiful location, easy registration, plenty of toilets, lovely course, post race burger and no hassle from start to finish. Its very easy to see how this sold out despite the 70.3 tomorrow. The marshalls and volunteers are a credit to the race and will definitely be back again. :)

Podge83 wrote: »
    Super stuff peter. How much are your coaching rates.
    in a polite way all i can say to this is maradona ,lotthar matheus etc
    top player s..te coaches
    its one of the biggest fallacy in sport that a good coaches were good players so it reall means f..k all

I would not take on an athlete with that thinking as i dont think they will go far its like hiring macca as your coach.

my 2 cents

mossym wrote: »
    well done Mr Kern. Savage result, given a high quality field. what did you say about a vet? :)

next year it wont be a vet but a 20 -24 athlete

peter kern wrote: »
    in a polite way all i can say to this is maradona ,lotthar matheus etc
    top player s..te coaches
    its one of the biggest fallacy in sport that a good coaches were good players so it reall means f..k all

I would not take on an athlete with that thinking as i dont think they will go far its like hiring macca as your coach.

my 2 cents

Well done again Peter.

My comment was meant as a compliment in a "jokey" way to your coaching/ performance as you obviously know what you are doing. I'm very impressed.

I wasn't actually making a genuine enquiry (although I can see why it would be taken that way). As you say, I may not go far more but I have already come a long way from where I started!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

And on the 7th day he rested....not our PK, his relay team won their div in a certain other race in Dublin today

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

I'm a believer.. Peter Kern put in a great performance. Loved the Haribo Trisuit!

Was my first time at CK and I will definitely be back. almost perfect course for me!

Well run, great goodie bag and great atmosphere, a credit to all involved!

Advertisement