Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon UK purposely slowing free supersaver orders

• 20-02-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭

I-Parcel
    Received at i-Parcel 2/20/2015 12:56:26 PM Surrey GB
    Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export 2/18/2015 3:13:03 PM Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2/18/2015 3:12:41 PM

Amazon
    20 February 2015, 10:46 am, Surrey Parcel left the carrier facility
    20 February 2015, 7:56 am, Surrey Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    19 February 2015, 4:00 am, GRIMBERGEN Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    18 February 2015, 3:07 pm, --- Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Delivery date was supposed to be the 23rd. Now saying the 26th. Took ages to dispatch.

Why the hell does a motherboard destined for Ireland go to Belgium and back to the UK? :/

I ordered a replacement laptop keyboard from a private seller on Amazon Thursday (standard post £1.99) and it came Tuesday.

These packages seem to be taking an unnecessary trip to Belgium.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I parcel are terrible. Not Amazon's doing at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I've noticed dispatching takes a good few days on my last few orders as well, one of them even took 5 business days just to be despatched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Any time I ordered on the Friday using Super Saver the package would usually be here by Tuesday or Wednesday. Couldn't fault it to be honest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Chris___ wrote: »
    I-Parcel

Amazon

Delivery date was supposed to be the 23rd. Now saying the 26th. Took ages to dispatch.

Why the hell does a motherboard destined for Ireland go to Belgium and back to the UK? :/

I ordered a replacement laptop keyboard from a private seller on Amazon Thursday (standard post £1.99) and it came Tuesday.

These packages seem to be taking an unnecessary trip to Belgium.

You don't seem to be reading your tracking correctly.
    Your parcel is coming from belgium, it didn't leave the UK to go to Belgium, it left Belgium to go to the UK, then it'll be on to ireland after a week or so of a hold up with the absolutely terrible iParcel. Expect to be even further annoyed, but get your facts straight for when you submit your complaint to amazon about the initial delay in dispatch and iParcel delay.

And no, amazon uk are not purposely slowing free supersaver orders, although this thread does pop up every year without fail :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Was this a 3rd party seller on Amazon UK or Amazon UK themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

While the thread title is wrong, I have noticed that amazon seem to have slowed down significantly within the last 6 months or so. Dunno whats changes but its rather disappointing.

An Post lost an item from them recently and it only got RTS'd a month after the re-shipment from amazon arrived, so I have to wonder if they're the ones failing to keep things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

I haven't noticed any significant delays with deliveries recently, just their usual trick of sending each item in an order individually if I use my Parcel Motel address.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I get almost everything sent to PM up north and haven't noticed any delays in purchasing stuff from amazon.co.uk lately. Book last week was shipped sharpishly and made it to PM without delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

I think they're doing this as well on purpose, I ordered something last Wednesday and was shipped apparently with i-parcel the next day, Got a tracking number with it but it has not been scanned since, Just say's has just left Amazon warehouse and is in transit, Doubt it has left Amazon's hands yet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So amazon say it's with iparcel, tracking confirms this, but you think it's still with Amazon and not sitting in a ups (iparcel) depot because?

• Advertisement

When I go to track its says Package details received electronically from Seller, Surely should be scanned at this stage if i parcel have it

When I go to track its says Package details received electronically from Seller, Surely should be scanned at this stage if i parcel have it

I wonder why they haven't scanned it in? maybe it's something to do with their deserved reputation :P

My last big amazon order had a few items, all shipped within a day or two of each other. 1 item was sent via iparcel, the rest standard mail. The iparcel package sat in one of their depots for a week, resulting in it missing its due delivery date by a week - a real rarity for amazon in my experience, generally their due delivery dates have been overestimated. All the items sent by regular post beat their due delivery dates, including 1 additional item ordered and sent about a week after the iparcel package was sent. What was different in my case was that iparcel's tracking did show the parcel as being in their depot, where it sat for a week. I did of course let amazon know how dissatisfied I was with their choice of courier, as they are to blame for contracting such a poor outfit.

I wonder why they haven't scanned it in? maybe it's something to do with their deserved reputation :P

My last big amazon order had a few items, all shipped within a day or two of each other. 1 item was sent via iparcel, the rest standard mail. The iparcel package sat in one of their depots for a week, resulting in it missing its due delivery date by a week - a real rarity for amazon in my experience, generally their due delivery dates have been overestimated. All the items sent by regular post beat their due delivery dates, including 1 additional item ordered and sent about a week after the iparcel package was sent. What was different in my case was that iparcel's tracking did show the parcel as being in their depot, where it sat for a week. I did of course let amazon know how dissatisfied I was with their choice of courier, as they are to blame for contracting such a poor outfit.

Ye I was not too happy when they said i-parcel was delivering, Knew I would be left waiting, abit odd alright but sounds like it might have went missing, I have been on to them about it and they gave me 3 pound credit to my account which wasn't expecting, Don't know why they used a courier on a 5 euro item either abit strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

My motherboard arrived today. A PC case ordered on the 17th was supposed to be delivered too by DHL but wasn't (in the past DHL delivered my iPhones from Apple on time)

24 February 2015, 2:13 am, Koeln Parcel left the carrier facility
    23 February 2015, 4:27 pm, Staufenberg Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    19 February 2015, 9:29 am, --- Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Low and behold its been scanned a day before the estimate and its on its way to me finally, Amazon must have been holding it for 5 days, What you get for choosing free delivery I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I've also noticed amazon have dramatically slowed their dispatch. They seem to dispatch on Sundays I've noticed so perhaps they're just allocating certain days to free delivery dispatch rather than keeping the flow continuously going.

DHL delivery
    Current Status

ITEM RECEIVED PORTLAOISE D.S.U.
    CO LAOIS 26-Feb-15
    01:52

Item History

Activity Date
    ITEM RECEIVED PORTLAOISE D.S.U.
    CO LAOIS 26-Feb-15
    01:52

Snail mail has my PC case. So Monday it will delivered no doubt. 6 days late by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AndreiD

My order was supposed to arrive yesterday according to amazon's estimates, but I'm guessing it's been delayed a bit.
    I didn't even get a tracking number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭N64

Once the item is delayed, there is nothing amazon can do to delay the package. Contact amazon support if you have troubles with the item not arriving within estimate and they will most likely send you out a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I bought stuff of AmazonUK on Sun, i got ETA Mar 2nd, i assumed the post would be late, but arrived last Wed.
    But i have a separate post on An Post late delay's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

My most recent supersaver order was made at about 9.30 am one morning, and arrived just under 48 hours later into my South County Dublin Office with the rest of the morning post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

After a few very slow dispatches and slow deliveries from Amazon just after Christmas just had part of a Super Saver delivery ordered on Sunday arrive on Tuesday with An Post. The other part of the same order arrived via iParcel on Friday. An Post ONE iParcel still ZERO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I've ordered a lot of stuff from amazon via super saver delivery in the last few months. The delivery times were always good.

The only time I had an issue with amazon delivery times they sent out a duplicate order to me without quibble, which they said I could keep when the original arrived the next day.

UK to Antrim to Dublin is 2-3 days faster than UK to Dublin, consistently. An post are the weak link I suspect. Shame to have to pay 4e per parcel though just to get prompt delivery.

ED E wrote: »
    UK to Antrim to Dublin is 2-3 days faster than UK to Dublin, consistently. An post are the weak link I suspect. Shame to have to pay 4e per parcel though just to get prompt delivery.

Can't understand that because if an order is dispatched promptly from Amazon in the UK (some orders come from all over even had one recently from Switzerland) to me in Waterford it often arrives on the 3rd day.

Its orders that come from Belgium and Germany that seem to be taking longer for me.

Could be the local depot. They lost a £200 item for a month for me recently. No tracking so I dunno where exactly the holdup is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I got same day delivery from Amazon yesterday. Used 1 day free delivery option and it went to Antrim first via PM. If I selected my own address it's 2-3 days. It is An Post that are the slow arses or the handover process to An Post that's slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

My super saver deliveries took up to a week to dispatch last year. My most recent one placed last Wednesday morning was here by yesterday (Friday) via An Post.

Not sure why it's taking so long, almost a week overdue on my package and still nothing. Is the no tracking number thing common?
    Contacted amazon support, apparently I should wait until the 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I usually don't get tracking numbers for the smaller packages delivered by An Post.

AndreiD wrote: »
    Not sure why it's taking so long, almost a week overdue on my package and still nothing. Is the no tracking number thing common?
    Contacted amazon support, apparently I should wait until the 5th.

I had a similar slow one recently and from the delivery information on the label it looked like it had been sent from Switzerland? I also contacted Amazon who wanted me to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

To be honest, my last 3 orders by super saver have been delivered a lot faster than normal. Ordered on a Sunday night and had them on the Wednesday.

I was wondering have Amazon been running trucks on a daily basis direct to a warehouse here in Ireland and then handing it over to An Post here. They've opened a large warehouse in Blanchardstown, was thinking this was maybe it, but i'm probably way off the mark.

Amazon support told me that An Post is the delivery company, so judging by what most people have said in here, it's just out of the ordinary slow from them.
    (Amazon dispatched the order Sunday 22nd February, 10 days ago; almost 7 days overdue on their delivery estimate).
    Checked the mail box again, no missed delivery notice, so I guess I have to be more patient.

Amazon support told me that An Post is the delivery company, so judging by what most people have said in here, it's just out of the ordinary slow from them.
    (Amazon dispatched the order Sunday 22nd February, 10 days ago; almost 7 days overdue on their delivery estimate).
    Checked the mail box again, no missed delivery notice, so I guess I have to be more patient.

An Post should have delivered it by now, In fairness its more down to An Post at that stage but can be frustrating.

Last Thursday (during the early morning about 2am) I ordered a processor for over €300 with one day delivery to Parcel Motel if ordered before 1pm. Have the free prime trial. Money was taken not too long after yet it kept saying revise payment method throughout the day up until about 2pm then the estimated delivery date changed to Monday and then the status changed to dispatching. :/

• Advertisement

They did the revise payment method thing for me too, took several hours for the payment to actually go through. I think it might be related to their currency converter maybe? (payment went through for me after I turned their currency converter thing off)

Apparently my package was 'lost during delivery'. At least they're giving me a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭jos22

Apparently my package was 'lost during delivery'. At least they're giving me a refund.

was it sent by Asendia by any chance they lost one of my parcels recently and were 1 week later delivering several others.

the one that was declared lost and replaced, my amazon order page for that item has We are expecting your return. Your replacement has been ordered.
    and has a return label attached to it.:confused:

Don't see how I am suppose to return something I do not have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

jos22 wrote: »
    was it sent by Asendia by any chance they lost one of my parcels recently and were 1 week later delivering several others.

the one that was declared lost and replaced, my amazon order page for that item has We are expecting your return. Your replacement has been ordered.
    and has a return label attached to it.:confused:

Don't see how I am suppose to return something I do not have

Contact Amazon they will fix that for you.

I had similar item with a faulty item last year they said I could keep it and they sent a replacement but I got an email with return labels, when I contacted Amazon they said ignore the mail and keep it

@jos22 it was An Post, but from what I received in a recent message after Amazon received the return package, the label just got damaged and the package was "undeliverable", or at least that the gist of it. I guess I just got unlucky.

Made 2 new orders on Amazon last week, this time paying for transport, got both of them 2-3 days after they left Amazon's facility.

• Advertisement

@jos22 it was An Post, but from what I received in a recent message after Amazon received the return package, the label just got damaged and the package was "undeliverable", or at least that the gist of it. I guess I just got unlucky.

Made 2 new orders on Amazon last week, this time paying for transport, got both of them 2-3 days after they left Amazon's facility.

an post Snail mail is the worst.

Chris___ wrote: »
    an post Snail mail is the worst.

I think it depends where you live. In the country Snail mail has always been much faster for me than any courier. With a courier there's always the chance they'll lie say you were out and not bother delivering at all.

iParcel are often 5-6 days where as an Post are normally 3-4 (occasionally only 2) from dispatch.

I'm in Dublin south central though, was just unlucky.
    The 2 subsequent orders were also An Post, and they were delivered pretty fast, though I did pay 15 or so euros for shipment that time.

Swings and roundabouts! Last Super Saver order was processed really fast and my current one has been showing as Preparing for Dispatch for the last four days.

I'm waiting to put in another order but I know if I do they'll try and combine it with the one thats Preparing for Dispatch making it even slower so its annoying having to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Have had issues with Amazon's delivery for the past year or so. I buy a lot from Amazon (Too much:o) There are definitley much slower at dispatching items. Previously the item would be dispatched that day or the next at the latest if in stock.

I have had about 7 packages sent back to them as undeliverable. (most tracked but never even entered the An post tracking system, I would imagine they "go missing" on the way to Irish fulfillment centre for An post).

An post are very fast at delivery once they get the item I have to say. Iparcel are awful as are "deutsche post dhl" ascendia and royal mail but once the items reach the Irish delivery companies (Fastway in the first instance and An post for the others) the item is with me within a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

My last 3 were quick, a day or 2 less than advised, but previously had a series of deliveries that went a few days over.

Ever notice there is no time or date of dispatch on Amazon labels?

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I definately agree they are very slow at dispatching items for delivery.
    Placed an order with Amazon themselves for two items on Tuesday and another item with a outside seller which was fulfilled by amazon. So got the super saver delivery option but didnt realise until after paying them how long the delivery be.
    So I ordered it the 22nd July and they say expect delivery for the 4th-7th August. And I need it by 31st July going on my Holidays, ordered some books.
    So was onto them twice today on chat help and said items wont be despatched until Sunday at 4pm and they tell the courier to hurry up with them to me once despatched which they said was AP -Packet (never heard of them) because I really need it and was quite nice to the staff.
    But I emailed the outside seller just to see what holding them up too and they said payment was still pending by amazon and they wont despatch stuff until amazon approves payment. I paid by gift voucher and ask amazon about this too and they said don't worry its all been paid.

So Im half thinking of placing the same order again but quick deliverary what yas think?

Like if they despatch it Sunday and 3-5 Business days ideally I should get it between Wednesday and Friday right? Even though they say 4th August-7th August in case theres any issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Placed order for 2 items both in stock

Ordered Sunday evening 19, and got estimated delivery for 31st.

First thing shipped Monday got it Wednesday ( after shipping on 20 it has a new delivery date for Thursday 23)

Second thing only shipped Thursday 23 after being ordered with the rest on 19, expected next Wednesday 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Varik wrote: »
    Placed order for 2 items both in stock

Ordered Sunday evening 19, and got estimated delivery for 31st.

First thing shipped Monday got it Wednesday ( after shipping on 20 it has a new delivery date for Thursday 23)

Second thing only shipped Thursday 23 after being ordered with the rest on 19, expected next Wednesday 28.

Seems just to be luck of the draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Amazon is splitting my orders so I get charged for delivery on the smaller boxes (value wise)

• Advertisement
Advertisement