Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is there a chance for green cabinet MMK1_011 to go live?

Options
  • 20-02-2015 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

As you probably know, Mountmellick has Fibre availability (FTTC) since September '14. Since then, almost all of the green cabinets have been upgraded, but not MMK1_011, and it says Status:"Planned for this location".

I'm not an eircom customer anymore, and for some reason, when I called eircom customer service they told me that I had to call my provider instead.

Q1) Does anyone in eircom have any idea when is this cabinet going to be live?

Q2) If fibre is not fully available in an area, then why do you say on the availability map on your website that it is?

P.S. One of my neighbours connected to eircom about 2 months ago, and ever since my connection fails a number of times/day. Would someone be able to check if there's anything wrong; I saw that the guys who did the job did a mess of it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kcsembos wrote: »
    As you probably know, Mountmellick has Fibre availability (FTTC) since September '14. Since then, almost all of the green cabinets have been upgraded, but not MMK1_011, and it says Status:"Planned for this location".

I'm not an eircom customer anymore, and for some reason, when I called eircom customer service they told me that I had to call my provider instead.

Q1) Does anyone in eircom have any idea when is this cabinet going to be live?

Q2) If fibre is not fully available in an area, then why do you say on the availability map on your website that it is?

P.S. One of my neighbours connected to eircom about 2 months ago, and ever since my connection fails a number of times/day. Would someone be able to check if there's anything wrong; I saw that the guys who did the job did a mess of it!
    Hi kcsembos

I'm sorry to confirm a that a date of launch of this cabinet is not yet agreed by fibre operations. The best indication they could offer me when I inquired was approximately mid to late 2015.

I understand your concerns in regards to your second question however you will find located above the map a specific note advising:

Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive tool

In regards to your recent service deterioration I#m sorry to confirm that eircom will be unable to directly assist as you are not an eircom customer although logging a fault with your provider will be the best route to follow.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kcsembos

Hi Al,

The fact that the date of launch is delayed by another FULL year is something that should at least concern the fibre operations. Last time I asked eircom in June '14 I was told that speculations were that launch date would be the latest at the end of '14.

In regards to my recent service deterioration, it happened after a neighbour connected with eircom! (I don't know what sort of contractors does eircom employ for this, but the way they pulled all the cables out of the box in order to find the right one to connect is at least worrying.) Therefore, it should be eircom's responsibility to fix the cables round here, because everyone here has a problem ever since! The fact that I am not an eircom customer anymore doesn't matter in this case.

FYI, I have already logged it with my provider, who checked ONLY my line and found no problems at all! However, problems still persist! Can someone take responsibility and fix it? It's not my fault, and I guess it's not any of my neighbour's fault either. Therefore Eircom is responsible for the problem, as well as it's repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kcsembos wrote: »
    Hi Al,

The fact that the date of launch is delayed by another FULL year is something that should at least concern the fibre operations. Last time I asked eircom in June '14 I was told that speculations were that launch date would be the latest at the end of '14.

In regards to my recent service deterioration, it happened after a neighbour connected with eircom! (I don't know what sort of contractors does eircom employ for this, but the way they pulled all the cables out of the box in order to find the right one to connect is at least worrying.) Therefore, it should be eircom's responsibility to fix the cables round here, because everyone here has a problem ever since! The fact that I am not an eircom customer anymore doesn't matter in this case.

FYI, I have already logged it with my provider, who checked ONLY my line and found no problems at all! However, problems still persist! Can someone take responsibility and fix it? It's not my fault, and I guess it's not any of my neighbour's fault either. Therefore Eircom is responsible for the problem, as well as it's repair.
    Hi kcsembos

It is the responsibility of you service provider to maintain your service, such issues must be logged to your service provider who if required in turn log to eircom at a wholesale level, if you wish to contest this or require clarification you're welcome to contact the compliance regulator on 1890229668.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement