Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Young Irishman wins SPFL goal of the month!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anybody see the comments on twitter after Sky Sports tweeted it out, god that was depressing to read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This thread is a window into the amount of ****heads that follow sports and a sad indictment of what this forum has become. I'm lost for words readings some of the posts.

Dempsey wrote: »
    This thread is a window into the amount of ****heads that follow sports and a sad indictment of what this forum has become. I'm lost for words readings some of the posts.

I think it's actually a pretty respectful thread.

Most posters have said it was a nice gesture. I think on balance I would go with that.

Some have said goal of the month should be goal of the month. While I think the gesture was nice, their point is pretty valid too. I disagree with how some have almost interpreted this as an attack on the kid or the condition. I don't think anyone has made light of either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He's been on the Celtic team bus singing with them.

He's gotten a winners medal from Neil Lennon.

He's done a victory lap with Georgios Samaras.

And now has won Goal of the Month.

Some resume for a 10 year old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Great story.

Nearly brought a tear to my eye, the amount of joy that this would have given the young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

That isn't the reason, it's because he's into soccer and got to know one of the players. Plently, nearly all, kids are in the same boat as the bolded part.

Second bit is fine. and while the 3rd is ok in this instance i think it wouldnt be best practice to have it as the standard.

"It wouldnt be best practice"? You sound like one of those people who take themselves far too seriously.

Lighten up.

Advertisement