Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can Any iPhone 6 Owners Test Their Camera For Pink Hue Issue

• 20-02-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

I've discovered this issue on my new iPhone 6 when taking pics of anything that's solid black or solid white.
    There's a pink hue coming from the centre of the pic when I take a shot in certain lighting conditions.

I had this problem before on my xperia z3 compact, seems as its a common problem with those. And I know that Sony provide the camera for the iPhone 6, so I'm hoping that I don't have another dud.

Can anyone test their own iPhone 6's and see if they have this pink hue.
    I've attached some pics to see what I'm talking about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Had a quick look around (unable to post links) and seems there is an issue for some iPhone 6/6 plus users.

On Tom's guide they say it's software related.

I've noticed no such issues on my 6 plus.

You could try using Camera+ and manually adjust the white balance. Hardly ideal, but would work in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Had a quick look around (unable to post links) and seems there is an issue for some iPhone 6/6 plus users.

On Tom's guide they say it's software related.

I've noticed no such issues on my 6 plus.

You could try using Camera+ and manually adjust the white balance. Hardly ideal, but would work in the meantime.

I've seen the Tom's Guide article, just wondering if anyone here had noticed the problem.
    I've never noticed this before on any of my past iPhone's since I first got the iPhone 3G years ago, 3GS, iPhone 4, 4S...
    I'm hoping that it's not Sony and their lens problem again...
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/10/users-claim-xperia-z3-camera-have-pink-hues/

Have you tried testing your 6 plus under different lighting conditions?
    Sometimes it looks fine on mine, then there's the problem when I have the house lights on at night and try and take a pic then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Ah yeah I've used the camera a good bit. No issue with any kind of hue thankfully.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I sometimes get a strange hue when I shoot against a dark background.

4UydDV.jpg

Sorry. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

No issue here.

iPhone 6 bought last September.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    No issue here.

iPhone 6 bought last September.

Nice one, that looks fine, no issues.
    Could you try it in different lighting conditions and see if it's still ok?

My pics looked ok in daylight, but when I had the lights on at home in the evening and tried to take the same pic, that's when the issue was there.

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Nice one, that looks fine, no issues.
    Could you try it in different lighting conditions and see if it's still ok?

My pics looked ok in daylight, but when I had the lights on at home in the evening and tried to take the same pic, that's when the issue was there.

This was taken at home with the lights on.

This was taken at home with the lights on.

Just tried my mates iPhone 6 here at home earlier and he had the same pink hue issue as me.

Just took another comparison shot now, the pic with the pink hue is happening when the main lights are on and the other pic with no pink hue is when the main house lights are off and just the lamp is on. See the difference?

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Just tried my mates iPhone 6 here at home earlier and he had the same pink hue issue as me.

Just took another comparison shot now, the pic with the pink hue is happening when the main lights are on and the other pic with no pink hue is when the main house lights are off and just the lamp is on. See the difference?

Could be something with the type of bulb?

Could be something with the type of bulb?

Don't know what it is? I've had every iPhone since the 3G and never had this problem before when taking pictures with its camera.

I got the phone replaced anyway and it still has the same problem, that's 3 phones I've tested that have this issue.

A few others on the Apple support forum are having the same problem too...
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6566610?start=0&tstart=0

Hopefully people can contact Apple about this and make them aware of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement