Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anglo Irish Tapes - Why Recorded in the First Place?

• 20-02-2015 10:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Is audio records of boardrooms a common practice?

And why did they say what they said, knowing they would have been busted for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Something along the lines of "all calls are recorded for regulatory and training purposes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Why do thugs record their brutality and crimes to assist their later prosecution in a court of law? Christ, we saw a murderer who sent a picture of himself with the body to a friend recently in the US. That saved a lot of court time.

Criminals tend to be pretty dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't think they were boardrooms. I think they were telephone recordings.

I don't think it was all telephones in anglo. I think it was the phones of staff who conducted transactions over the phone.

They said what they said cos they never thought they'd get caught. Listen to how they speak. Their tone came accross to me as selfish and greedy and their opinions came accross as being "**** everyone else".

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    Is audio records of boardrooms a common practice?

And why did they say what they said, knowing they would have been busted for it?

Only calls to the trading rooms were recorded, so they would have proof of customer orders if they were ever disputed.

It's a security measure in all banks.

They probably don't record the people in IT, compliance, HR, or even accounting. But anyone working in trading or risk would be recorded, because that's where the most expensive blunders are likely to occur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement