Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel autopayment

Options
  • 20-02-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am having a major problem with xbox live at the moment. Just before Christmas i sign up for the free month trial of xbox live. Everything worked fine but it was an absolute nightmare to use the website to sign up for it. Could not do it from the xbox itself, had to go to my laptop and then it took awhile to sign up for. Eventually it worked tho. But i did not see the sneaky auto payment thing, whereby after the free trial if you did not cancel before it ended you were automatically signed up for the monthly renewal of 7 euro. My free trial ended on 24th of December and seeing as my payment option was linked to my paypal account, and the time of year it was, there money was not there to pay it. So Xbox live was suspended for me, which was fair enough.

In the new year i decided to sign up for the year long option of xbox live. I decided it would be best to do this with a voucher. I redeemed my code and got back on xbox live. All was good until today. For what ever reason today was the day that my account has being suspended. After a couple of hours an their awful website, i found out that it was suspended because they are still looking for the 7 euro for a months worth of live membership. It will not let me use my yearlong membership, which i have paid in full upfront, and it will nor let me cancel this auto payment option either. It instructs me to remove the payment option but seeing as it is a paypal account it will not let me do this either. The help option on the website redirects me to page that it says will give me the option to cancel but there is no such option on the page when i get there. On my account page it says that i have 11 months still to go my xbox live membership and that i owe them a months worth of live membership.

So currently i am being denied access to a service i have paid for, being denied the option of declining an automatic payment option, being denied the ability to remove a payment option and being told that the only option i have is to close my account and waste the 11 months of membership i have left, and start a new account. Can anyone help?

To say that i am disappointed with the xbox customer service at this point would be a massive understatement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jk97 wrote: »

To say that i am disappointed with the xbox customer service at this point would be a massive understatement.

Have you even contacted the customer service? Just you don't mention anywhere in your post about actually phoning or live chatting with the customer service at all? That should be your first port of call. The Xbox customer service are top notch and will help you with whatever problem you have straight away.

You can see all your subscriptions here: https://account.xbox.com/en-IE/Subscriptions/Manage

From there you should be able to cancel auto payment etc. but I do remember a similar thing happening to me in 2009 where my account was suspended due to an expired credit card and had to get an Xbox rep to do it for me.

For customer support, go here: http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us#3:0:4

Scroll down, choose either 'Chat with Microsoft Support' which will let you live chat with them like facebook messenger chat etc. and they should be able to help you.

Or else, choose a callback Monday-Friday 10:00 - 18:00 which will give you the option to have them call you to deal with your problem.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jk97

Just tried to live chat and was told to phone them direct. The phone lines are closed til monday. This is typically of my experience with xbox customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just tried to live chat and was told to phone them direct. The phone lines are closed til monday. This is typically of my experience with xbox customer service.

I've got on to them many times and found them to be up there with the best of them in terms of customer service. Since when did they close on weekends????

Here (01) 2420758 or 1 800 509 186 Should get an answer from them there after 9 and before 6 on a Saturday and Sunday.

calex71 wrote: »
    I've got on to them many times and found them to be up there with the best of them in terms of customer service. Since when did they close on weekends????

Here (01) 2420758 or 1 800 509 186 Should get an answer from them there after 9 and before 6 on a Saturday and Sunday.

Going by the support page I linked above it says

Phone opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 18:00

Saturday - Sunday: closed

So I dunno :confused:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Going by the support page I linked above it says

Phone opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 18:00

Saturday - Sunday: closed

So I dunno :confused:

Yeah thats odd, I mean after 6 and weekends are the times I'd imagine the place is busy :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah thats odd, I mean after 6 and weekends are the times I'd imagine the place is busy :confused:

Hmmm maybe that's just callbacks that aren't available during them times then!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Hmmm maybe that's just callbacks that aren't available during them times then!

Yeah worth a call to see.

Oh OP if you are on Vodafone Prepay don't bother calling the 1800 number they block those, call the Dublin number :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jk97

Yeah worth a call to see.

Oh OP if you are on Vodafone Prepay don't bother calling the 1800 number they block those, call the Dublin number :mad:

Great, more issues, yay!

Great, more issues, yay!

I can sense you're a very positive person OP. :cool:

Advertisement