Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea vs Manchester United Match Thread 21/2/15 k/o 15.00 Setanta. - Mod Post #123

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Di Maria has been a very underwhelming signing,60 million and he looks so uninterested and very poor.

To get the best out of him put him on the right out wide , he was in the FIFA team of the year last year.
    LVG is really struggling to get some sort of system in place to make the best out of the players at his disposal. Maybe it could be time to play all out attack from start to finish for man utd ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

niallo27 wrote: »
    He is making the 35 million for carrol look like a bargin. He is so poor.

No way are you guys rewriting history when it comes to Carroll. That will always be the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fantastic result. Go on the Swans!

Come on!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Trilla wrote: »
    well done. You should have grown a pair and put the 50 on it.

If you check the time of the bet it was placed before I made my first post in this thread today, it wasn't a reaction to your post or I might have gone with 50. Have a nice little treble of Swansea and Arsenal going on to Liverpool at 20-1 so could be a very good weekend if Liverpool can win tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No way are you guys rewriting history when it comes to Carroll. That will always be the worst.

Ya your right. There will never be worse than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Laugh all you want but di Maria was in the FIFA team of the year last year and well he looks useless now. So if it keeps up he could be getting used as the new Andy Carroll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ya your right. There will never be worse than that.

Ha ha.

Falcao 350k a week! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

He is making the 35 million for carrol look like a bargin. He is so poor.

I can't remember when he last had a really good game and stood out. He is the one player I look at on the Utd team to be able to carve something out of nothing,but he rarely does anything of the sort. I look at him to run and dribble at the opposition and he very rarely does and whenever he does,he ends up losing the ball and is not showing the same dribbling ability he did at Madrid, I remember watching him in the Champions League final last year and he looks half the player he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Gwan the Swans. United's luck finally runs out. Was getting a bit silly really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Ha ha.

Falcao 350k a week! Lol

Mendes really is the best agent in the world that he got Falcao a contract that seemingly increases monthly wp him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ha ha.

Falcao 350k a week! Lol

Yeah, that is how much Monaco were paying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

To get the best out of him put him on the right out wide , he was in the FIFA team of the year last year.
    LVG is really struggling to get some sort of system in place to make the best out of the players at his disposal. Maybe it could be time to play all out attack from start to finish for man utd ?
    First he was best as a winger coming in from the left, then his best position was as a third midfielder because apparently he could not dictate the game on the wing, and now he's best on the right wing...why won't people admit that Di Maria, while a sensational player in the right circumstances, is not the type of player who can drag a less than world class team like United to glory. Di Maria excels in already great teams, alongside world class players, like at Real and Argentina; he's an example of a kind of multiplier effect, he'll make an already top team tick, and make them even better through assists for the strikers and a few goals himself.

K4t wrote: »
    First he was best as a winger coming in from the left, then his best position was as a third midfielder because apparently he could not dictate the game on the wing, and now he's best on the right wing...why won't people admit that Di Maria, while a sensational player in the right circumstances, is not the type of player who can drag a less than world class team like United to glory. Di Maria excels in already great teams, alongside world class players, like at Real and Argentina; he's an example of a kind of multiplier effect, he'll make an already top team tick, and make them even better through assists for the strikers and a few goals himself.

It looks like playing with great players at Madrid got the best out of him.

Drop him into an average enough Manu team and he's looking fairly poor value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It looks like playing with great players at Madrid got the best out of him.

Drop him into an average enough Manu team and he's looking fairly poor value for money.

He was mainly awful for Argentina in the WC last Summer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Laugh all you want but di Maria was in the FIFA team of the year last year and well he looks useless now. So if it keeps up he could be getting used as the new Andy Carroll.

United bought a player for 55m that was in the FIFA team of the year. Liverpool bought a mid-table striker that had never scored more than 10 goals in a PL season for 35m.

United have a good transfer on paper that could go bad. Liverpool had a bad transfer on paper that did go bad. There is no comparison.

We aren't talking about biggest flops here. Di Maria would take that over Carroll if it went bad. I am talking about worst transfer, which the Carroll transfer wins hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Just a comment for the mods, it's odd that zerks "Scousers are here' comment get a yellow" but the clear wave of Liverpool gremlins doing their usual childish baiting just gets ignored. Strange.

A comment was made earlier about cutting out the Pool/Utd stuff but that won't happen unless you actually enforce it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I said it after the lvg burnley interview, he was clearly rocked, I can see the fans getting on his back soon looking for him to be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Just a comment for the mods, it's odd that zerks "Scousers are here' comment get a yellow" but the clear wave of Liverpool gremlins doing their usual childish baiting just gets ignored. Strange.

A comment was made earlier about cutting out the Pool/Utd stuff but that won't happen unless you actually enforce it

What posts were offending to you. I thought it was all pretty harmless including zerks post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

What posts were offending to you. I thought it was all pretty harmless including zerks post.

im not offended I just thought the inconsistency was odd that the Pool gremlins are allowed to be let loose and do their usual nonsense when it was specifically stated earlier in the thread that there would be none of that or else there would be yellows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

im not offended I just thought the inconsistency was odd that the Pool gremlins are allowed to be let loose and do their usual nonsense when it was specifically stated earlier in the thread that there would be none of that or else there would be yellows

Pool gremlins would you stop it happens all the time in Liverpool match threads and Manu match threads it's only banter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, entering a match topic to discuss a match is not against ToS, despite how some people seem to think it should be if you support certain teams.

However, after a warning is put out to cut out the Liverpool/United BS that destroys threads, then it's going to be a straight yellow if it's obvious you're attempting to fan the flames.

I'm not going to card every Pool fan that wants to discuss the United game, no more than I'll card every United fan who wants to discuss the Pool game. If you think someone is trolling, report it, and if it's openly fanning flames, we'll deal with it.

But if you decide to engage and post in a manner which is only seeking to derail the thread, cut out the match talk and cause problems, then mods will step in.

Furthermore, cut out backseat moderation as well; again, it's a straight yellow as well, and you all know this. if you've a problem, PM the mods. Don't eat a stupid yellow card in a bid to have a moan.

Now get back to discussing the match or we can close the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

How did Luke Shaw play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    How did Luke Shaw play?

Very well I thought. Silly decision taking him off.

Advertisement