Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where do you buy consumables for servicing

• 21-02-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I just bought a cbr and id like to change all the fluids and the oil/air filter, just wondering where people buy filters and fluids from? Is it best to get genuine filters from a main dealer or aftermarket stuff like k&n or hiflow online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

rowanh wrote: »
    I just bought a cbr and id like to change all the fluids and the oil/air filter, just wondering where people buy filters and fluids from? Is it best to get genuine filters from a main dealer or aftermarket stuff like k&n or hiflow online?

Motorcycleshop.ie
    Its the online site that Lee Honda in Cork sell out of. They have everything, all at a very good price too. Give them a shout if you can't find what your looking for as they have waaaay more stuff in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

another +1 for motorcycleshop.ie from me

ebcbrakeshop.co.uk (using parcel motel) is good too

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i normally go to my local bike shop - they can be a little bit pricier than online, but handy when i need that one tool i dont have or get stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

b_mac2 wrote: »
    Motorcycleshop.ie
    Its the online site that Lee Honda in Cork sell out of. They have everything, all at a very good price too. Give them a shout if you can't find what your looking for as they have waaaay more stuff in store.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Ive gotten a couple small bits from motorcycleshop before alright, they dont have the f4i listed for service packs for some reason, all the other models are there so i might call them.

http://www.wemoto.com/ - good bit of stuff on their alright and its handy being able to filter all products by model though some stuff is quite pricy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I always use genuine filters as there is so little a saving on spurious it's not worth the bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'll preface by saying that Sterling is crazy at the moment, however much of the Irish stuff comes through the UK anyway so its immaterial.
    David Silver is good for Honda stuff, Genuine and spurious.
    Wemoto as mentioned,
    Lings Honda, Bournemouth Honda both excellent dealers and Lings have an excellent parts EPG setup.
    CMSNL for older parts and some hard to get stuff.
    I mainly deal with Honda stuff as thats mainly what I have but there is plenty of other make parts as well.
    Genuine Honda spin on filters usually come with the tool to remove them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I bought my last stuff from cotters online. I put the order through on a Saturday and within about 5 mins no joking the guy rang me to say the oil I ordered was out of stock but they gave me the next one up at no cost and that it was all boxed and waiting for the postman. Had it on Monday. Great service.

I also ordered some oil for my scottoiler from Motorcycle shop in Cork and the service was also great.

Two good , Irish companies to support !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

lennymc wrote: »
    i normally go to my local bike shop - they can be a little bit pricier than online, but handy when i need that one tool i dont have or get stuck.

+1

• Advertisement

I agree on supporting Irish business at least when cost differences are minimal.

Anyone know of a good local shop around D16 or surrounding areas? It would be handy having somewhere to go if i needed something the same day other than halfords.

In fairness to Halfords i got the Haynes manual for the CBR in there for 23 euro where its 25 sterling on amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I normally drop down to megabikes...city centre location can't be beaten...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

I agree on supporting Irish business at least when cost differences are minimal.

Anyone know of a good local shop around D16 or surrounding areas? It would be handy having somewhere to go if i needed something the same day other than halfords.

In fairness to Halfords i got the Haynes manual for the CBR in there for 23 euro where its 25 sterling on amazon.

There is a bike shop in Rathfarnham village, Moto 4u, also LME windy arbour Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Lads, motorcycleshop.ie had a 10% off voucher code they were giving out at the show. Got talking to the guy but never picked one up.

If anyone knows the code could you shoot me a pm or post it here please?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

eBay.de cheapest I've found for my MT-01 & V-Max, more of a market for both models in Deutschland.

Whats the shipping like? Ive looked at a few things on ebay.de and each time they wont ship to ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Strange, I never had any issues.

DHL are owned by Deutsche Bundespost & usually pay about €15 for a large order, delivery usually within 3-5 days.

Advertisement