Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early pregnancy worries!

Options
  • 21-02-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm 6weeks and 4 days pregnant and a week ago had some bleeding for a day, I had a scan last thurs and a heart beat was seen I was 6 weeks and 2 days according to scan, although I thought I was 7 weeks 2 days!!! But doc was happy with heartbeat.
    It's just that today I've been getting some brown spotting with I wipe, no blood no pains, so was just wondering has anyone experienced this an was all ok??? I'm booked in for another scan in bout 12days time .... Sorry if too much info given but just worrying😔
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Congrats but I'd recommend your gp with any fears you might have, prob nothing but worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Hi jackben, I had some brown spotting when I was just over 6 weeks. Got it checked out & the scan showed everything was fine. The spotting continued on and off for two weeks but it was always brown. The doc told me not to worry unless it became bright red or I was in a lot of pain, neither of which happened.

Try not to worry too much, spotting is very common in early pregnancy. It did stop for me around 8 weeks & I haven't had any since, am 19 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I had lots of brown spotting at about 6 weeks and had a scan at the early pregnancy unit. The baby was fine and they could find no source for the bleeding. The sonographer told me to come back if the bleeding last more than another two weeks. I did have bleeding for another 10 days or so but then it stopped. It was often heavier than spotting but was always brown. I never had any pain.

I'm 26 weeks now and everything is fine. I know it's a scary time but if it gets worse and you are worried I would go back to the hospital. Your GP won't do anything but send you in to be checked out. the fact you have a scan in 12 days is great - I know it's so hard not to worry, I was beside myself but it's probably best to just wait until the scan unless something changes (pain or red blood for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

Thanks so much for the replies, such a huge relief to hear positive stories back,, suchh a worrying time alright, can't wait for scan in 12 days, fingers crossed all will be ok
    Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I have my fingers crossed too - and congrats on your pregnancy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

I had plenty of red/brown spotting - even heavier than spotting, really - on a daily basis from 4 weeks to 12 weeks. Something that stuck with me was when one of the midwives said, during a scan which confirmed that he was growing exactly as the rate that he should have been, that the bleeding could well be a sign of the little embryo constantly burrowing its way really deeply down into the womb lining, to get a good tight grip in there. I don't know why, but I thought it was a really nice thought and a nice image to have, and it helped me relax every time I went to the loo and saw more blood there.

And in my case at least, it was absolutely nothing to worry about, and it was a healthy pregnancy that ended with a healthy happy baby. :) Fingers crossed yours will be similar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We can't give medical advice, any spotting should be checked out at your hospital.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement