Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 215 - 30 day battery?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

....hoping it'll help me overcome my smart phone addiction...

Aren't these apps a cause of that?

Has facebook, but only a 0.3mp camera. I don't it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I have a Nokia 220 company paid phone

Its crap , but battery life is better than any phone I've seen before .

I don't use the apps on it

Most of the older 2G only phones last for a couple of weeks, if not more on standby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭obsidianclock

beauf wrote: »
    Most of the older 2G only phones last for a couple of weeks, if not more on standby.

Very exciting. I have heard 2G is more reliable if slower, let's hope that's true too!

Turning off 3g usually saves a lot of battery life. If your network has 2G. It stops it hunting between 2&3 which also saves battery.

• Advertisement

I wonder will the screen be decent. I've noticed the screens on new low cost phones seem to be very poor compared to older non smart phones. Sunlight visibility being especially poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Phones on line have it for 59 euro daylight robbery.

beauf wrote: »
    I wonder will the screen be decent. I've noticed the screens on new low cost phones seem to be very poor compared to older non smart phones. Sunlight visibility being especially poor.

Hi beauf,

I looked on Amazon at the Nokia 225 which seems to be similar and some reviewers have said they find it hard to view the screen in direct sunlight.

Speaking for myself I think I can contain my desire to check text messages until under cover and if I needed to make an emergency call, it wouldn't be necessary to see the screen to do it, but understand that people who were travelling e.g on the bus might find this a pain.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Phones on line have it for 59 euro daylight robbery.

Is this phonesonline.ie? I couldn't see it on there, only the Nokia 220/225? Have I missed something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

http://www.phonesonline.ie/microsoft-215-dual-sim-black.html you can get it on amazon cheaper try the uk or de

• Advertisement
Advertisement