Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public liabilty insurance. But......

Options
  • 21-02-2015 2:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Just got my forms through the door for public liability for working as a handyman/builder but one thing that has flagged up on these forms is has the proposer - never been subject of a recovery action by the revenue commissioners. Will this mean im uninsurable because back in 2009/10 my last business failed with the downturn and i failed to pay 1200€ income tax, and now a recovery agency is collecting it 50€ a month untill its paid out. Im now started up again and wanting public liability insurance but worried now i wont get insured! Will this make me uninsurable or is it just a matter of them raising my insurance costs!

Another thing i noticed which is on my policy schedule that theres a spelling mistake on my address, will this matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

No. Not uninsurable. Just not necessarily insurable with that company.

Address won't matter. Public liability covers you at any location. But just get it corrected for good order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

peteb2 wrote: »
    No. Not uninsurable. Just not necessarily insurable with that company.

Address won't matter. Public liability covers you at any location. But just get it corrected for good order.

It was with insuremyvan.ie and was decent rate. Who else covers at near this firms rates.

duckcfc wrote: »
    It was with insuremyvan.ie and was decent rate. Who else covers at near this firms rates.

How longs a piece of string?! You haven't told us anything about what you do, your turnover etc. they are just a broker. So any other broker I guess.

How longs a piece of string?! You haven't told us anything about what you do, your turnover etc. they are just a broker. So any other broker I guess.

Under 35k and work as a handyman/builder working on my own.

And what were they charging you? i'd expect at a guess you could get something sub €500.

• Advertisement

And what were they charging you? i'd expect at a guess you could get something sub €500.

Yeah 450+30.

Advertisement